32

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, we don't have anything to do with the King and Queen's deaths."

Mingyu interrupted, he didn't like the idea of the Princess accusing them for something none of them did. Sure they were hiding the fact that they were wolves, but killing was never their choice. For whay reason would they kill the King and the Queen? They were the ones who volunteered to work for them as knights and they were kind people.

"How can I trust you? There were claw marks on their bodies." Shinyoung looked at him mildly. She was still in the process of accepting her family's cruel deaths, so whenever someone mentioned them she couldn't control her emotions very well. Now that the possibility of the person responsible for her family's deaths happened to be a wolf, she's even more furious every time she encountered one. It reminded her of their bodies.

"We were with you when we discovered your parents' bodies, doesn't that prove anything to you?" Mingyu asked, his voice was raised without him realising and he spoke to her informally. "It shows that one of your kind is responsible and you might be covering for him." Shinyoung said through gritted teeth as a tear slipped out of her eye.

She shut her eyes closed and inhaled, she realised she had went overboard with her emotions and words. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Forgive me." Shinyoung bowed her head down as she felt guilty for saying something so harsh when she didn't know if they were the killer or not. Mingyu bowed back to her but she knew that it was just a bow of respect,he didn't forgive her.

Everyone fell silent at the small fight between them, they had never seen the Princess so angry before. "Anyway, tell me your reason of being here." Shinyoung said, to forget about what just happened. "Our town was attacked, we wanted to fight back but we were told to run. We couldn't do anything and we ran until we met Seungcheol." Soonyoung said and it caught her attention.

They weren't together from the start? She wondered and she remembered the family photo she found at the village part of Elidry. "You met him? You're not from the same town?" Shinyoung asked, as she glanced the eldest a look. "We were, but he escaped first and we thought we were the only ones who survived until we met him in the woods, a few days later after the attack ended."

The female nodded her head as she listened to his story. "After that, we we went to Griseld to start a new life and that was when we entered a trial to become knights." Soonyoung finished his story. "That is all, Your Highness. We don't have anything to do with the King and Queen's deaths, they were kind to us and we loved them as our rulers." He added and she believed them.

As strange as it sound, but she knew them so well. She could tell if they were lying or not. She didn't know what, but the vibe they were giving her made her trust them. The look in their eyes and their actions showed they were telling the truth. Alítheia, she remembered what Junghan told her.

"Alright, your secret is safe with me. You may leave now." Shinyoung ordered and they bowed to her before leaving. However, Shinyoung pulled Mingyu to stay behind as she needed to ask him something no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter