45

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seungkwan, are you alright?" the Princess shouted as she didn't dare to look down although she could feel her brother's hand in hers. Every breath was sharp as she was having a hard time supporting both her weight and her brother's weight with just one hand on an unsteady branch. Despite the burden she felt, she had to keep hanging or else she would lose her brother.

"I'm fine." Seungkwan answered, there was pain in his voice. She knew well that it must've meant that he was injured, but she couldn't do anything at the moment to aid him. Right now, what was important is for them to get away from their current situation. Their feets needed to touch the ground or they would face an uncertain fate.

Crack.

Shinyoung gasped and held her breath immediately as if that was a help to stop the branch from cracking any further. Her hands were getting sweaty and she could feel her grip on the branch slowly getting weaker. She was getting tired of hanging, she knew sooner or later she had to let go and both of them would fall.

The Princess took a deep breath, enough to get her back to her senses. She tighten her grip on the branch and used all the strength she had left to pulled both herself and her brother up, however it only resulted in something worse. She heard the deadly sound again and it drew all the blood from her face. She could predict that a couple more cracks and they were falling.

"Shinyoung, it's not going to help." Seungkwan voiced from below her. She tried ignoring her brother as she didn't want to hear any of his absurd ideas. She wasn't going to be selfish and save herself first, just like how Seungkwan wanted her to.

"The branch can't hold both of us, let alone you." he said and she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping he would keep quiet. "Just let me go and get yourself to safety." the deadly words finally came and Shinyoung had to hold back the urge to cry. She wanted to yell at him for saying that but they had no time to quarrel.

"Shinyoung, listen to me-"

"I'm not going to let you die!" this time it was her turn to speak. First, he told her to leave him and she did and now he wanted her to kill him, she was certainly not going to do that. She had to fight back the tears that were forming and stinging her eyes. The girl also had to ignore the muscle pain she was getting from her weak arms.

"If you don't let go, we're both going to die!" this time it was his turn to yell. It shocked her to hear him raise his voice, it also pained her to know that he was being serious. The sting in her eyes were getting more painful, just imagining herself letting her brother fall into an abyss pained her. The thought of not seeing him again, killed her.

"Let my hand go, and you have to get yourself to safety. Find that bastard and make sure h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter