24

Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Have they still not return?"

Shinyoung walked into her brother's room without permission as soon as she woke up. She wasn't able to shut her eyes at all. She kept staring into the woods, wondering if the King and Queen were alright. She kept thinking what was the howl all about? Who was it from? It was a restless night and she was hoping for a good news.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" Seungkwan asked and sat down on one of the sofas. "I'm afraid not, we'll wait until night. If they're still not returning, I will send knights to find them the very next morning." Seungkwan said as he opened the notebook Shinyoung took from Elidry. "Which knights?" Shinyoung asked as she sat next to him. "The human ones." her brother answered without bothering to look at her.

The Princess nodded understandingly and walked out of her brother's room without actually bothering what he was up to. She was far too worried about her parents' safety. As she sat in her room, doing nothing. An idea popped inside her head, she wasn't sure of it but she was willing to try. She jumped off her bed and opened her bedroom door when her brother was already standing there.

"I think I know where to find it." Both of them said at the same time."Alright then, you first." they simultaneously said with the same facial expression. "Okay, I have to go back to Elidry." they stopped talking when they heard the same thing coming out of their mouths. "No, you're staying. I'm going." they said simultaneously again.

"Shinyoung, you stay and wait for Mother and Father to return. It's too dangerous for you to go out there all alone." Seungkwan said as he put his hands on her shoulders. He wouldn't risk his sister's safety just because he wanted to try his theory. "No, you stay. You told me you'll get help if anything happens to Mother and Father. I'll go." Shinyoung insisted.

"Besides, I need to see the wolves first and they trust me the most." Shinyoung said with a small smile. Seungkwan hesitated and thought of a lot of excuses to make his sister stay but it was obviously useless. "Alright, but be back before dusk. You should leave now because I'm meeting the knights later." Seungkwan said and his sister nodded as she got ready.

Seungkwan covered for Shinyoung again, as she escaped into the forest. Shinyoung didn't know why but her heart wasn't at ease when she left the castle. Something was wrong, she knew that but she wasn't aware of what.

She brought her horse along with deep into the woods until she finally stopped in front of a familiar cottage. She stared at the house on her right for a while before going down from her horse. Just when she was about to, she saw an outstretched palm on her left. She looked at it before realising whose hand it was. The male flashed a warm smile to her as he waited.

"Are you coming in, Your Highness?" He asked. "Seokmin, right?" Shinyoung asked as she wanted to make sure and luckily, the named male nodded. The Princess accepted his hand as he helped her down from her horse and brought her inside his hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter