Deadly Addictions

Bangtan's Maknae Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook POV:

I felt like my throat was closing in on itself. Just one more huff and I’ll be good. None of the other members caught on, but since Jimin hyung gave me that cigarette when we were at BigHit (chapter 6), I haven’t been able to quit smoking. It was just too addicting. After Jin hyung took the packet, I took it back and out them in my drawer, and when he asked, I just told him I threw them away. I know if I get caught, I won’t be sitting for a year but I can’t stop…and I honestly don’t know if I want to stop. When you inhale, it feels so good.

With one last puff, I put the cigarette out and walked back to the dorm. I was always the last one to leave BigHit, so it gave me a chance to smoke and cover my evidence before I got back to the dorm. I made sure that I had lots of cologne and gum to make sure that no one would be suspicious. I had started walking back to the dorm, chewing three pieces of gum at a time. When I got to the dorm, it was already 1:20 in the morning. I checked if anybody was awake and when it was clear it took a shower and slept. I had done this everyday for over 4 months and each day, it was getting worse.

* * * * *

“Hey Jungkook, are you okay? Do you want to take a break?” Jimin hyung asked we were learning our new dance. I had trouble breathing and I could barely get through one dance.

“Can I just have five minutes. I’m not feeling very well.” I said as I headed into the bathroom.

I got out the packet and lit one up. Smoke quickly filled the stall and I coughed. I didn’t know that my addiction was this extreme. After smoking two more cigarettes, I decided to get back to practicing. I dragged myself back to our usual practice room, but then it hit me. I had just smoked in the bathroom of BigHit. And I didn’t have anything to cover me because I left my bag in the practice room. But I couldn’t even chew gum because we’re dancing, and if choreographer hyung sees us chewing gum, he scolds us and makes us do some sort of punishment. I didn’t know what to do. Do I even smell like smoke? What if I reeked? I decided to take my chances and just walk in, grab my bag, and walk back out somehow. I took a deep breath, and proceeded my plan.

“Jungkook, you okay?” Jin hyung asked as he walked towards me. I quickly grabbed my bag and held it in front of me.

“I’m just going to fill my water bottle.” I said as I slowly backed away towards the door.

“But your bottle’s only a quarter empty.” Jin hyung frowned. I laughed nervously.

“I like my water bottle filled to the top. I’ll be right back!” I said and ran out the door. When I got near the water fountain, I ripped my bag open to find my cologne, gum, and mints. With a sigh of relief, I covered myself in cologne and popped a few mints and gum at the same time. Nobody will ever know.

Jin POV:

Jungkook reeked in the smell of tobacco. That boy was in for it! I’ve suspected a few times but I prayed that I was wrong. Unfortunately, I wasn’t. How could he be so stupid? I thought I taught him a lesson the first time he tried smoking, I guess not. I’m really disappointed and angry at the same time. He walked back in and now reeked in cologne. Smooth Jungkook, smooth.

“Are we ready to practice now? We don’t have a lot of time left.” Choreographer hyung said. We all nodded and got into our positions for Not Today. I saw Jungkook moving his jaw up and down as if he was chewing something.

“Jungkook!” I whispered. He turned to look at me. “Spit your gum out. You are going choke.” He rolled his eyes at me and ignored what I said. The music started and I couldn’t get another chance. Not even a minute later, Jungkook fell on his knees and started choking. Everything was chaotic from running around to shut the music off, to trying to get the gum out to stop Jungkook from choking. We were able to get it out and then Jungkook calmed down a bit as well. As expected, choreographer hyung was furious.

“Why the hell are you chewing gum at practice?!” He yelled. Everyone flinched a little.

“Because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter