Eight

Living For You

😧😧I was supposed to update on Yo Seob's birthday, but I couldn't. This is a lame excuse, I know. It's because of school. Honors Biology is really difficult, and on top of that, I have Accelerated Math. I apologize. 🙇 However, Yo Seob will be in the next chapter. Enjoy the boring chapter!


Baekhyun's POV 

I rummaged through the snacks we bought back at the convenience store. I grabbed the Shrimp Snacks and headed to my room.

As I entered my room, I saw everyone there, except Ji Hyo. Chanyeol was on my bed, doing something with his guitar that he brought over. Sehun and Ki Kwang was playing a video game. I noticed Sehun's bubble tea he had drank laying on the floor with his larva toys. Junhyung was sitting on a chair, watching them play.

I flopped down besides Chanyeol, watching the battle against Ki Kwang and Sehun and eating my chips.

Ji Hyo came in the room with her guitar, wearing a black t-shirt  and shorts.

Ji Hyo's POV 

I entered Baekhyun's room, seeing everyone in there doing something. 

I eyed the Shrimp Snacks Baekhyun was eating and headed towards him, but I stepped on something. It was Sehun's larva toys.

"Sehun-ah...could you at least put your toys somewhere else other than the floor?"I groaned. 

I kicked the toys under Baekhyun's bed. I grabbed the bubble tea he finished in the trash. 

I headed to Baekhyun, stealing some chips from the bag.

"Chanyeol-ah, do you want to practice today or another time?"I asked, popping the Shrimp chips into my mouth.

"Hm...whatever works with you. Unless you want to hang out with your friends."He looked towards Ki Kwang and Junhyung.

I went towards them."Are you guys alright with me practicing my guitar with Chanyeol? We can hang out another time when you guys are free."

Ki Kwang sighed."I do want to hang out with you right now, but we should be going to pra-"

He was cut off by Junhyung, and that shocked me."Yea, go ahead. We can hang out later."

"Komawo, guys!"

I left the room with Chanyeol and our guitars.

Chanyeol's POV

We were in the living room for about 15 or maybe more minutes.

Ever since she saw me playing a guitar, she always wanted to play as well. Baekhyun got her one for her birthday, and she wanted me to teach her how to play.

The progress is good so far. She's a quick learner. I advised her to join a competition because I knew she would win, but she said she'll think about it. She's very persistent when she gets some notes wrong, and she'll correct herself by playing it again when she gets it right.

Like right now.

"Ani! Not that string, Ji Hyo!"I exclaimed.

She sighed, trying to read the note sheet again. She looked up at me with her puppy eyes."Can you please play it for me again? Please, this is the last time! I'll get it righ soon,"she begged.

I strummed the piece that she was confused on. It was the trickiest part, so I can't blame her. I looked at her.

I watched her fingers strum every correct note, and when she reached the trickiest part, she got it correct!

She stopped playing to congratulate herself."I DID IT, CHANYEOL! I DID IT!"She exclaims.

I smiled brightly, chuckling at her."You should really join a competition. There should be one next year, Ji Hyo."

"Maybe...I'll think about it."

Of course, that's what she always say. She has the talent and passion to play. I haven't heard her voice yet, but if she could sing, I wouldn't be surprised that she becomes an idol as well.

Junhyung's POV 

It's already 6:00 pm. We're supposed to have practice in 30 minutes.

Ji Hyo was preparing dinner with her "omma". I don't know what she calls Baekhyun's mom that. She's not her mother. Maybe it's because she acts like one to Ji Hyo other than her real mom.

My phone began to ring  I see Doo Joon's name on my phone screen. I accepted the call, putting it up to my ear.

"YA! WHERE ARE YOU?!?! IS KI KWANG WITH YOU?!?! IF HE IS, YOU TWO BETTER COME HERE BY 6:15!"He shouted, ending the call.

My ear drums are seriously hurting.

"Ya, Ki Kwang-ah! We have to go!"I called.

I saw Ji Hyo peering out of the kitchen, looking at me."Leaving already? You two haven't had dinner yet though..."

"Mianhe, we seriously have to go, Ji Hyo-ah."

She gave a light smile."Arraseo."

Baekhyun's POV

I'm glad that they left. We all finished our dinner. Chanyeol and Sehun went home already. It left Ji Hyo, Omma, and me together.

The time ticked 10:00. 

I walked down the hallway, about to enter my room, but I spotted a bit of light coming from Ji Hyo's room. I walked into her room, seeing her fallen asleep on her bed with her guitar and some music sheets spreaded around.

I sighed."This girl..."

I collected the music sheets, setting all of them neatly on her desk. I sat at the edge of her bed, taking the guitar from her and setting it to where it belonged in her room.

I sat closer, tucking Ji Hyo in her bed. She began snuggling underneath the warmth of the blankets. I patted her head, smoothing out the hair in her face. 

I took a breath, leaning in towards her. My lips landed in her forehead for a second and then I pulled back, looking around her room.

I noticed on her calendar that she circled the day that the Beautiful Show event was held. It was in a few days.

I looked at her sweet, angelic face."Please...don't fall back in love with him..."I whispered.

I don't want you to leave me...

I got up and turned off her lights. I left her to sleep in peace.

Ki Kwang's POV 

"This is all your fault, Junhyung,"I muttered.

"Ya, it's worth it, isn't it?"He muttered back.

I nodded."True, true."

Junhyung and I had to serve out punishment for almost missing practice. We both had to recite everything that we missed perfectly, while Doo Joon watches us carefully.

Of course, we learned our lesson.

Never miss or arrive late to practice.