Twenty Eight

Living For You

Man...I can't believe I forgot to update on Dongwoonie's birthday!!! 😭😭I apologize to y'all readers. I came back from camp and slept sooo much. 😢😢I am a bad b2uty...Camp was very tiring and fun. I got 2nd place though...Anyone seen EXO's Monster & Lucky One?? It's cool and catchy. Le sigh...This story needs to end.


Ji Hyo's POV 

I could feel the pain medication working, flowing throughout my body. I could breathe easily now.

I gave a deep sigh, watching a drama in the hospital's TV.

I heard the door open, and I looked to to see who came in.

I smiled."Baekhyun oppa!"I called out. I smiled brighter, seeing Yanggaeng.

However, he didn't look happy.

He pulled a chair next to the bed."Ya, you know how worried I am right now? What are the girls', who beat you up, names?"

"It's fine, oppa. I just have some ribs broken. They'll heal."

Baekhyun's POV 

This girl...she's suffering on her own. Does she see that I care for her? Does she see the worriness in my eyes?

Will this be actually the time I confess to her?

I grabbed her petite hand."Ji Hyo-ah,"I called."I love you."

She smiled."Well, I love you too, oppa."

Is she taking it the wrong way?

I held her hand tighter but not that tight.

"Ji Hyo...I love you. Not as a brother like figure, but...as a man."I reached for my chest where my heart is located."My love for you grew ever since I first met you,"I confessed, giving her my sincere smile and emotion.

I let my hand at my heart drop by my side.

Ji Hyo's POV 

He loves me? In that kind of way? How am I supposed to react to this? 

"I-Is this a joke?"I whispered.

He slowly shook his head.

This is real...All this time...he was in love with me but because I was so blinded by my love for Yo Seob, I couldn't see Baekhyun's. 

However, I can't accept his love...I only see him as a brother, nothing more.

"I-I..."

What do I say?

I cleared my throat, but I know that'll I'll be starting to cry soon."O-oppa..."The hand that he held, I gripped it tight."Mianhe. Jeongmal, mianhe."

I watched his smile disappear into the air. It made me feel guilty.

"I-I see you as a brother. I'm sorry that I can't love you as you wish me to, but...my heart-"My hand pressed against my chest, feeling my heart beat."-is saved for Yo Seob."I looked up at him."Please oppa...find someone else better than me."

My hand began to tremble, so I pulled my hand away. However, he caught it again, gripping it tight but not that tight for me to yelp.

Baekhyun's POV 

So...this is what it feels like to be rejected. Is it possible for me to let her go? When I have been saving my heart just for her? Why is life like this?

"I-I"

I couldn't even speak. I felt the salty tears inside me.

Why are rejections painful?

A tear slid down. Like an instincy, she wiped it away for me.

I felt Yanggaeng cuddle on my lap.

Is he trying to comfort me too?

"I-I have no chance, right?"I whispered.

She didn't respond bit continued wiping my fallen tears.

"Should I let you go?"I croaked.

I could see her tears welling up as well.

"Is that a 'yes'?"

Her hand left my face to wipe her own tears.

I swallowed more teats down me."I'll take that as a 'yes' then..."

I set Yanggaeng on the bed next to her and got up from my chair.

"We'll be leaving soon,"I told her.

I quickly packed her things and left it on the chair I once sat in.

"Ah...I forgot. I need to call him."I took my phone out and texted him.

Baekhyun: She's waiting in the room for you. Come back.

I looked at the crying Ji Hyo.

"Anneyong, Ji Hyo,"I said.

I left the room, wiping the tears away.

As I left the room, I dialed Chanyeol's number.

He picked up."Yoboseyo?"I heard his voice.

I cleared my voice."You have time, right?"

"I guess so...wae?"

"Pick me up at the hospital. Oh, by the way, I'm gonna stay at your house for about a few days."

"Arraseo then..."

Yo Seob's POV 

I spotted Doo Joon running up towards me. He slung one arm around me, pulling me down.

"Ya, where is she? What room?"He demanded.

"Ya...don't spill our drinks."

I led him to Ji Hyo's room with Doo Joon still on me.

I felt my phone vibrate. I handed Doo Joon one of the drinks to hold, while I get out my phone. I checked my message. 

Baekhyun: She's waiting in the room for you. Come back.

I smiled.

Yay!!! I get to visit!

From a distance, I see Baekhyun's Omma heading towards us.

"Oh, Doo Joon-ah! You're here,"she exclaims.

Doo Joon finally got off of me.

"How is she?"He asked.

"Well, her ribs are fractured but don't worry, the doctor prescribed her her medications. She is able to discharge today,"she explains.

"Ah...I see,"Doo Joon says."Kangsamida for watching over her."

She smiled."Well, I can't leave her hurting. It hurts me as a mother."

Doo Joon nodded."Um...has Ji Hyo mentioned about her moving in with me yet?"

"Moving in?"Baekhyun's Omma questioned.

Wait...Ji Hyo's gonna move in with Doo Joon? Since when did this happen?!?!

"I guess she didn't tell you yet..."

"Well, she can now,"I state."Her room is right here."

What a great timing...

We've reached her room as we were talking about it. We entered the room.

Ji Hyo's POV 

I held Yanggaeng close to me and laid on the bed on my side. My back was turned to the door. I didn't bother watching the TV, so it was still on. I continued staring into space, thinking of what just happened to Baekhyun and I.

My tears dried up already though. So, that's good.

I sighed.

I hurt him...I hurt Baekhyun...He is devastated.

I heard the door open. Yanggaeng sat up, staring at who's entering. He began to bark. I heard footsteps comE in but I continued staring.

Yanggaeng climbed over my side and I heard him climb into the arms of another person.

I blinked many times to get me to snap out of staring into space.

I turned my body to the other side.

"Ya! Who told you to get hurt without me knowing?!?!?"I heard a familiar male voice scold me.

I felt the person who scolded me ruffle my hair.

"Ji Hyo-ah, I'm worried for you right now."

I sat up, staring at him."D-Doo Joon..."I whispered, recognizing him.

"Ji Hyo-ah, you're very quiet right now."I heard a familiar female voice."Or maybe you're tired. Is there something wrong?"

"Omma...I hurt him,"I mumbled.

"What? Speak up, dear,"Omma said.

I felt a hand gripping mine. I turned to who it was.

"He left,"I mumbled again.

"J-Ji Hyo-ah, what's wrong?"I recognized Yo Seob immediately.

"I love you so much that I didn't see his,"I whispered.

I leaned into him and began crying again.

"It's my fault...It's my fault.."

I felt Yo Seob gently shaking me."Ji Hyo-ah! Tell me what's wrong!"He shouts.

"S-should I call in the doctor?"I heard Omma ask.

"Ji Hyo-ah! You're scaring me right now..."I heard Doo Joon.

"Wait...where’s Baekhyun?!?!"

The rejection scene replayed over and over in my head. It's too much.

My eyes rolled back, and I out on Yo Seob.