Twelve

Living For You

Tết Tết Tết Đến Rồi! Sorry, it's a Vietnamese Holiday. Just expressing my spirit of the holiday. I'm glad you guys are still reading this story. Thank you! Sorry, this update is really late. I came home around 11:00 PM. Enjoy! Back to the past!


Ji Hyo's POV 

Two weeks have passed. I've been back working at Lovely Flowerz with Omma. The shop received a lot of customers so far. A few of them recognized me as Yoon Doo Joon's dongsaeng.

Beast haven't hung out with me yet. They were probably busy. However, they do text me everyday. They all heard the story about me from Junhyung and Ki Kwang, but I'm not sure if they told them about me living with Baekhyun though. The most text messages I receive are from Yo Seob. Doo Joon would be the second. Yo Seob must've felt really lonely without me these past years. I'm grateful that the Beast members were beside him. I'm gonna have to thank them for that. 

Doo Joon's POV 

I came home from my schedule around 9:00 PM. I was glad that I would have a free day tomorrow.

Oh! That reminds me! I can hang out with Ji Hyo! 

I got my phone out and start texting. 

Doo Joon: Dongsaeng-ah! 

Ji Hyo: Oh...anneyong, oppa! What is it? 

Doo Joon: Wanna hang out tomorrow? I have a day off. 

Ji Hyo: Of course! I'll be at Lovely Flowerz working though. You can pick me up from there. Probably around 9:00 or 10:00 AM.

Doo Joon: Wait...you have to work though. 

Ji Hyo: Don't worry. I'll ask my boss. I have to eat dinner, oppa! I'll see you tomorrow! 

(Ew...these colors...I can't stand orange and red together...But...oh well) 

Ji Hyo's POV  

The next day came. I was so excited to meet with Doo Joon. I did my regular routine of the morning: eating, washing, and brushing. 

After that, I rushed to my room. I chose a yellow dress and white shoes as my outfit. I prefer shoes than heels because I can run around with shoes, while with heels, I'll trip. 

I wonder how those female K-pop groups dance in those heels...I would've immediately face planted myself on the stage if I were them. 

I tied my hair in a braid, leaving it to hang on my shoulder  I stuffed my apron for work in my bag, as well as my phone, wallet, etc. I slung the bag over the opposite shoulder of my braid. I looked at myself in the mirror. 

(I don't own these images. They belong to its rightful owners.)

I am ready. 

Baekhyun's POV  

I got out of my room to find myself some food, so I entered the kitchen where Omma was making something. 

"Morning, omma." 

"Morning, Baekhyun-ah." 

I opened the fridge and grabbed an apple, cleaning it at the sink. I left the kitchen, on my way back to my room.

As I was going back to my room, I spotted Ji Hyo passing by me. I froze, staring at her. She was exremely beautiful in that outfit. As I examined at her, I took a bite of my apple.

"You're pretty today,"I complimented.

She turned around, looking at me."Aren't I pretty everyday?"

I smiled."Of course."

I heard Omma come out from the kitchen.

"Oh Ji Hyo-ah, what do you need to tell me?"Omma asked.

"My brother asked if I could spend the day with him. Today is his free day. Is that all right?"

Spend a day? With her brother? How come she didn't tell me about that? She usually tells me everything.

"Of course!"Omma exclaimed.

"He'll pick me up at the store though."

She nodded and turned to me."Lunch is in the fridge. I'll see you at night."

They both left the house, leaving me alone.

Ji Hyo's POV 

I waited in Lovely Flowerz for Doo Joon to come. I busied myself with the flowers near me. 

Suddenly, I heard the door open and the bell ring.

Doo Joon! It must be him!

I turned to the door, seeing Doo Joon there. He wore his mask and carried a bag with him. 

(Not a woman's bag.)

A smiled appeared on my face."Oppa!"I exclaimed. 

I ran to tackle him with a hug.

"Ya...you miss me?"

I pulled away."Of course, I miss you! Since we don't live in the same house anymore, I'm missing you like crazy."

"Omo! Is this your oppa?"I heard Omma asked, coming towards us.

Doo Joon bowed towards her."Anneyonghaseyo, ahjumma."

"Call me 'omma'. Ji Hyo-ah calls me that. I heard about your parents abandoning you two. I don't know why anyone would leave their own children."She sighed looking at both of us."I guess you guys should go. Enjoy your day!"

"Ne, omma,"we both said.

We left Lovely Flowerz. 

"So, where are you taking me?"I asked.

"Somewhere I've always wanted to take you to."

He slung an arm over my shoulder, guiding me to where he was taking me. He took me to a place that sold patbingsu.

We sat at a two seated table in the corner. Doo Joon ordered for us, and it led to two bowls of mango patbingsu.

(Again, I don't own this image. It belongs to its rightful owner. It looks delicious...I want to try some...)

After a bite, my eyes widened. 

This is really good. I can taste the mango especially.

"It's good, right?"

I nodded.

It's so refreshing. How come Baekhyun doesn't take me to try patbingsu?

"It's really delicious but cold."

"It's the best dessert for the summer."

"Komawo oppa, I really enjoyed this."

He smiled."It's no problem. You couldn't eat anything back then. I wanted you to try more new food since you're now here.

I nodded. 

Wait...that reminds me! I need to ask him about them, our parents. I wonder how they're doing...

"Oh, oppa...I forgot to ask you. How are our 'parents' when I disappeared ?"I quoted the word of our parents in the air. I wouldn't forgive them, even though they apologized. They left us all alone!"Junhyung told me that the day I left, they came back and apologized. Where are they now?"

 Doo Joon's POV 

"Where are they now?"She asked.

*Flashback*

It was around that time when we all found out that Ji Hyo was missing. Junhyung explained to us that my parents already apologized.

"Why would Ji Hyo go missing when your parents apologized already?"Hyunseung asked.

I fell on the couch, running my fingers through my hair in frustration and worriness. Stress was getting to me."We'll just have to see, guys..."

Ji Hyo-ah...why did you have to disappear? Why can't you stay with us? Please...come back...

While we were all worrying over Ji hyo, we hadn't realized who had entered the house.

I heard gasps from the boys, so I looked up.

Anger began boiling inside of me.

Why...Why did they have to be here! At this very moment!

I stood up from the couch. I pointed at them."You two...You know how much we've gone through without you?!?!?"I was going to lash out at them, but the boys had to hold me back."WHAT KIND OF PARENTS ARE YOU TWO?!?!"I screamed my lungs out at them."YOU LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN ALONE AND YOU DON’T EVENT CARE ABOUT US!"

I was getting teary from expressing my bottled feelings against them. I collasped to the floor, glaring at them with my blurry eyes fully of tears and panting from my outrage at them.

"Doo Joon-ah..."My crying mother called."W-We're really sorry-"

"Now you're sorry?"I croaked out, interrupting her."Because of you two...s-she's gone."Finally the wall that was holding in my tears broke. Tears began spilling, slowly falling down."She's the only one in my family that stuck beside me..."I gestured my head to the door."Leave. Now."

"Don't talk to your mother like that,"my father scolded 

I shook my head."Mother's don't abandon their children alone. They care and nuture them. They watch them grow with fascination and support them."

I started to hear sobs and sniffles near me. It was from Yo Seob and Dongwoon. 

I heard footsteps entering the house. We all looked at the person.

"Appa..."Hyunseung called out. Behind Hyunseung's father was his mother."Omma."

"Mr. and Mrs. Yoon, I advise you two to leave before things get worser. I should be calling the police, but...I can't because you're a friend of mine. However, I am very disappointed in how you two have been behaving, leaving your children here. I've been their guardian since you two haven't shown up, and I'll continue to be one for him if he does need me."

My 'father' scoffed. He passed me, not caring about me at all, of course. However, my mother stopped when she was beside me.

"Doo Joon-ah..."She called out. I looked at her."If you ever find Ji Hyo..."She took off her bracelet that was on her wrist. She handed it to me."Will you give this to her?"

I scanned at the bracelet that rested in my hand.

(Again...I don't own this image. This image belongs to its rightful owner.)

"It's the least I can give her."I nodded."Anneyong, Doo Joon-ah."

*Flashback End*

Ji Hyo started to snap her fingers in front of me.

I looked at her."W-What did you say?"I asked again.

"I asked where our 'parents' are now."

*Flashback*

Two months ago...

I came home, tired from our practice.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing 

I looked at who called. It was unknown. I never seen this caller. I don't recognize it from my contacts.

Did a B2uty fan find out about my number? One way to find out...

I picked the call up.

"Doo Joon-ah..."I heard a familiar female voice. 

Instantly, I knew who it was.

"O-omma?"I called out.

"My son..."I heard her sobs through the phone."I miss you and Ji Hyo so much. How are you?"

I was confused on why she was calling me and how she found my number.

"I'm good, o-omma  How about you?"I replied.

"I'm good as well. I'm in the States with your father. We're working on a company."

I nodded."I see..."

"It was difficult to find your number throughout the others in the world. Doo Joon-ah, h-have you found her yet?"

My mind and body froze.

Ji Hyo...Ji Hyo...Is she possibly gone? No news of her showed up.

"I-I'm sorry, but...I haven't found her..."

"Ah...I see..."Her voice faded away. She must be disappointed."Doo Joon-ah..."She called my name again.

"Ne?"

"H-have you forgiven me? Forgiven us?"

I hesistated.

Have I?

"I'm not quite sure..."

"Oh...arraseo."She began changing the topic."I heard you're a part of a famous K-pop group. Is it hard?"

"Ne,"I replied.

"I'm sorry I'm not there to cheer you on, Doo Joon-ah..."I started to hear sniffles."It was very difficult to find your number. Komawo for picking the call up."I nodded, even though she couldn't see."It was nice calling you and hearing your voice."

"You too."

"Anneyong, Doo Joon-ah."

"Anneyong, omma."We hung up.

*Flashback End*

Ji Hyo's POV 

"The recent call I got from them was about two months ago,"I replied to her."They're in in the States, working on a business."I sighed."I don't want to talk about them..."He took a bite of the patbingsu.

"You still haven't forgiven them?"I asked.

He didn't reply.

"Oppa...it's not like we're going to see them again. Just forgive them, huh? They apologized. Without their apology...I wouldn't be sitting here, eating patbingsu with you."

He sighed."I'll think about it."

I sighed as well."I'm sorry for making you think about them."

He took a spoonful of shaved ice from my bowl and shoved it into my mouth.

"Ya, you talk so much now than in the past."

I took his spoon out of my mouth.

"Am I annoying?"I questioned.

He shook his head."Aniyo. You act different and I'm not used to it."

I noticed we both finished our bowls."Oppa, do you like me better in the past or now?"

He leaned over the table, pinching one of my cheeks."Ya, you expect me to answer that? I'm fine with any kind of you, except if you are a part of a gang or a drug dealer."

I smiled."Ya, I would never be in those kinds of stuff."

He shrugged his shoulders at me."You never know..."

I leaned over the table, hitting his shoulder in a playful way.

"Oh...I forgot."

He got out something shiny. It was a bracelet. He handed it to me.

"Omma wanted me to give this to you."

I scanned over the bracelet. It was beautiful.

"It was the least she could give you."I nodded.

"Would you help me wear it?"He nodded.

Baekhyun's POV 

Beast's Yoon Doo Joon Is Spotted With His Sister On A Sibling Date

There was a picture of them eating patbingsu and talking.

My heart clenched. Even though he's her brother, I don't like seeing her with men.

I turned my phone off, throwing it at the edge of my bed.

"I see someone is angry..."I turned to see Chanyeol at my door.

"Ya, how did you get inside my house?"

He entered my room."The door was unlocked, pabo. You could've been kidnapped, you know."

"Whatever. I'm bored,"I stated."Let's play video games."

Ji Hyo's POV 

After eating patbingsu, we went to the park. we both sat on the bench together. He brought his camera with him that was inside his bag.

"Let's recreate our memories, Ji Hyo-ah!"

He got closer to me and we both posed. A flash came from his camera.

We spent thirty minutes taking photos of each other.

"Oppa, you better send me these photos the next time we meet."

"Ara."I put his camera in his bag."Do you want me to send you home?"

Without hesitation,  I shook my head. If he came to my house, he'll know about Baekhyun.

"Aniyo. I'm okay walking back myself."

"What if you're kidnapped? Or even worse, ?"

I smacked his arm."Like anyone would. Besides, they're messing with the wrong person if they try anything with me."

"Aigoo...you remind me of how you almost fought with that girl back then."He ruffled my hair."Call me if anything happens, arraseo?"

I nodded."Be safe, oppa! I'll see you later!"

We both went our separate ways.