Thirty One

Living For You

I'm tired of this story. It's like going no where, but for the readers who are still reading, I'm gonna continue to write.  

Butterfly...butterfly...I need it. 


Ji Hyo's POV  

I'm so stupid...I shake my head. Breaking up with him isn't gonna even help. But what am I supposed to do? I'm happy with Yo Seob, but seeing Baekhyun all so sad breaks my heart. However, if I break up with Yo Seob, he's gonna be heartbroken too. 

"Aish...Ji Hyo, you're crazy,"I muttered to myself on the couch. 

"Crazy?"I heard a Doo Joon, who came out from the bathroom. 

"Ne, thinking about breaking up with him,"I said. 

I already told him what I felt. A brother should understand and know what I feel, right? It's bad to keep it inside myself. 

He sat down next to me on the couch. He gave a sigh. 

"Well, Ji Hyo-ah, I don't want you to break up with him,"he declared."What would Yo Seob feel, huh? How about you? Wouldn't you feel heartbroken too?" 

That is correct. My heart would...It would be in pain. But I'm already in pain. Seeing Baekhyun like that, I feel guilty. 

"Then what am I supposed to do?"I ask, staring at him."Baekhyun barely talks to me..." 

"Don't break up with Yo Seob,"he says."He's sensitive. A-and...you're the only girl he loves. You just appeared to him...and now you leave. He's been waiting for you. A break up would be too sudden."

Ah, that is indeed correct. Why am I so foolish?  

I continued to be in deep thought, thinking of what to do instead of breaking up with Yo Seob. I know I can never break up with him. I can't stand seeing him in pain either.  

Yo Seob's POV  

"B-bwo?!?! She must be joking!"Baekhyun retorts. 

I shake my head, feeling my heart already in pain. 

Why? 

"Arraseo, I'll talk to her."He sighs."I really want you two to be happy. Especially her. Kaja." 

He's actually going to help me. Help us. Help her. He's gonna talk to her again! She would be thrilled to see him talking to her again! 

Baekhyun grabbed the kitchen’s doorknob and twisted it open. We watched Chanyeol and Sehun tumble inside with Sehun on top of Chanyeol.

"W-What are you guys..."Baekhyun mutters. 

"C-Can we come too?"Sehun asked. 

"Yeah, can we?"Chanyeol asked too. 

Baekhyun and I sighed, nodding. 

Baekhyun's POV  

We all got inside Yo Seob's car, and he drove us to my house. When we arrived, he parked the car in the driveway. We exited the car and quickly entered the house. 

I must stop Ji Hyo from breaking up with him. 

We found Doo Joon and Ji Hyo at the couch. 

"Ya, Ji Hyo-ah, snap out of it!"Doo Joon calls, snapping his fingers in front of her. 

"Doo Joon hyung!"Yo Seob calls. 

He looked up at us all."There's something wrong with her. One moment she was talking and then she blanked into staring. I think she's thinking." 

"Yeah, deep thinking..."Chanyeol says. 

"Wait, I wanna try something!"Sehun exclaims. 

He nudged Chanyeol and dragged him like a few feet in front of Ji Hyo. 

"Dancing and singing should help her notice us,"Sehun declares."Get into position for Wolf and prepare to sing your line, hyung." 

Unexpectedly, Chanyeol obeys. 

I could only facepalm myself. 

What are these two.. 

"Ya, I want to join you guys eight now...but-"I looked at Ji Hyo, who seemed to not care of them dancing Wolf."-I don't think this would solve the problem." 

"Kkaepsong..."Sehun mumbles. 

I walked towards her."Ya, Ji Hyo-ah,"I call.  

She didn't respond. 

"Ji Hyo-ah!"I shook her shoulder. 

She shuddered."Huh? N-ne?"She looked at me. Her eyes widens."B-baekhyun oppa? When did you get here?"

"I-I..." 

"Wait, aren't you avoiding me, though? Don't you hate me?" 

I sighed, shaking my head. I ruffled her hair."Ya, how could I ever hate you, Ji Hyo-ah? Never. I had to distance myself from you, so I could end my feelings for you. I guess it seemed like I hated you, right?"

She smiled."You don't hate me?"I shake my head. I noticed her eyes sparkling. She leaned into me for a hug."Komawo, oppa..." 

I smiled and patted her head."I'm sorry that I acted cold towards you, but..."I looked at the dull Yo Seob, who looked at Ji Hyo longingly. I pulled away from our hug."U-um...I heard you were thinking of breaking up with Yo Seob..."

"Ah...oh...that...well..."she continued to stutter. 

I looked at Yo Seob and Ji Hyo."You guys should talk it out." 

"O-of course,"she whispers. 

I watched Ji Hyo lead Yo Seob the way to her room with Yo Seob trailing behind her. 

Please...don't break up with him. I don't want to regret letting you go... 

Ji Hyo's POV 

Once we entered my room, he closed the door. 

"So...I heard you thought of breaking up with me,"he whispers. 

I looked at him with my blurry eyes. 

Why are tears coming? 

I shook my head."I-I..." 

He slowly shook his head, smiling a bit."You care about others' happiness first, right?"

I stepped towards him. My hand reached to carress his cheek. 

"I-I...Mianhe...I was thinking too fash and rashly that I forgot you are sensitive. I just...I want everyone to be happy. O-oppa...I can understand if you want to break up with me, though, an-" 

He pulled me into a bear hug, resting his head on my shoulder. 

"I don't want to ever break up with you,"he whispers into my ear."I'm happy that you're caring for others."He pecks my cheek, pulling away from our embrace."Just..."He hold my hand tight, like I would drift away."...think before you do anything, arraseo?"He stares into my eyes. 

I nodded, flashing a smile at him. 

We settles with a quick kiss and hug. 

 

A few days have passed by. I'm glad Baekhyun is back home talking to me like usual. I am officially healed now, and I began working at Lovely Flowerz again. Luckily, those girls never came back an d bothered me. I think they've learned their lesson.

It's only a couple days until Yo Seob's birthday. I still didn't get him a gift. 

However for today, I get a day off from working at Lovely Flowerz because Yo Seob finally set up a day where his noona and I can finally chat and get to know each other. And possibly help find me a present for him. 

Since his noona works at a cafe, I texted her that I would meet her there. Yo Seob wanted to come along, but we stayed that it was only for girls. 

However, he insisted to give me a ride, and he did. I arrived at the cafe and entered. It was extremely cute inside the cafe. I noticed a picture if Yanggaeng and Yo Seob. 

"Ah! Ji Hyo-ah!"I watched a female employee run up to me."I'm glad you made it!" 

"It's good to see you, Hae Yeon unni,"I greeted. I stared around me."This place is really adorable and cozy." 

"Thanks, Ji Hyo."She sighs."Finally, I get to talk to you. Here, let sit over there."She pointed over to the corner of the cafe. 

She gave me a free drink, even though I insisted on paying. However, she treats me as a family member. 

We sat across from each other, sipping our drinks. 

"So...unmie, how come I haven't see you when I was in highschool? I never see you out with Yo Seob oppa." 

"Ah...I was probably studying for something for my university. I am old...so..." 

I shook my head."What are you talking about?!?!?! You look young! You're so pretty!" 

She chuckled, giving a smile."Thanks. Talking about back then...Yo Seob always talk about you when he comes home from school." 

My eyes widen."Chincha?" 

She nodded."Yeah, like everyday and every night. He's like confessing at dinner time."I smiled."I'm wondering...Who is this girl he likes???? I really want to meet the girl that makes him smile and makes him act like this. It's a new side of his that me and my parents haven't seen yet until that day." 

I smiled, listening to the story. 

"But...at one moment, I really wanted to kill you,"she stared at me. 

Woah...woah...woah...Hold up! What just happened to this nice unnie?!?!? 

"K-kill?"I croaked. 

"Yeah...But don't worry, I don't want to kill you anymore." 

This unnie is scaring me. 

"W-wae?"I asked. 

"You know that day when you disappeared?"I nodded."Well, he came home that day crying. My parents and I were wondering why. He wouldn't tell my parents nor me. Well, until I decided to pry the information out of Jim by tickling. You know...if he's ever angry at you, try tickling his sides or his feet. It works..." 

She sighed."And them...you came, and now he became a happy leprechaun. I'm glad to see that smile of his." 

She slammed her drink on the table."Now, enough with me talking. How's you and my dongsaeng's love life? You guys are getting married, right?" 

I choked on my drink."E-eh?" 

We're not at that age yet! 

"Ooh...I have a secret to tell you that I heard from Yo Seob. But...obviously I'm not telling. I keep secrets really well. I'll just warn you." 

She climbed over the table and went closer to my ear. 

"Expect it and prepare yourself for everyone else,"she whispers.

She moved away. 

Expect it and prepare myself for everyone else? Wait...I don't understand! What's happening?!?!? Wait...no...is he proposing?  

I shake my head. 

No no no...that can't be. 

"Unnie, can you give me a hint? I don't get it,"I pleaded. 

"Fine. Something important will happen. In. Your. Life."She sighs."I wish that would happen to me one day..." 

Some th ing important...From Yo Seob... 

I sighed. 

I'll figure it out when the day comes then. 

"Komawo for the hint, unnie." 

"Ooh! Wanna see some baby photos of Yo Seob?"She asked."They're really cute!"She unlocked her phone."Look!"She showed the most cutest pics of Yo Seob I've ever seen! 

I gasped."Is that really him?!?!?"

She nodded and swiped to the next photos. 

"Unnie, you must send them to me!"I exclaim. 

"Of course!" 

We exchanged numbers. She sent the pics we've seen.

"Wait, there's more..." 

I giggled as she told me stories of her and Yo Seob back then. 

After I finished hearing the stories, I thought about Yo Seob's birthday. 

"Unnie, I need help. It's almost Yo Seob's birthday. I don't know what to get him." 

"Hm..."I watched her face brighten."There's a store nearby here. It sells these recording teddy bears. You record a cute, loving message for him with the bear and give it to him as a gift!"

Wow...that's really good! 

"Unnie, you're brilliant!"I exclaimed. 

"Komawo, dongsaeng-ah!" 

"I'll go there when it's time for me to leave." 

"Oh! Who's this, Hae Yeon-ah?"I heard a woman's voice heading our way. 

We both turned to the woman, who called Hae Yeon. 

"Oh, Omma! When did you get here?" 

"AA few minutes ago. Your employees are doing well. You shouldn't be slacking off!" 

"Omma, but look!"Hae Yeon gestured her hands to me."It's Ji Hyo dongsaeng!" 

I watched Yo Seob's and Hae Yeon’s Omma's eyes lit up."Omo, Ji Hyo-ah!" 

I got up to bow and hug their mother.  

"How have you been?"I asked. 

"I've been pretty well. I have always wanted to meet you. How are you and Yo Seob?" 

I blushed."We're both doing great." 

"Speaking of Yo Seob, where is he?"She asked. 

"He's probably at home. We told him he can't come since it's only girls." 

"I'm glad you're here, Ji Hyo-ah! We've get to finally meet our son's girlfriend!" 

I blushed again.  

"Sh!"Hae Yeon shushed. She looked around if anyone heard.

"They didn't reveal it to the world yet." 

Their mother slowly nodded."Ah...I see...I hope you two reveal it soon. I want to show off my son's girlfriend to my friends." 

My phone began vibrating. I checked who texted. It was Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun: When are you coming jome? Omma called me that she has something to discuss with you or us. She's coming home early today. 

I turned off my phone. 

"I'm afraid that I have to go now,"I apologized.

"Aw...chincha?"Hae Yeon whined.

I nodded.

"Come back again, Ji Hyo-ah!"Their mother calls.

I smiled."I will!"I hugged both of them.

I left the cafe.