Han River

Holding Back the Tears

Yunho put the last sandwich in a Ziploc bag and sealed it shut. He placed it in the wicker basket and handed it over to Changmin.

"Jaejoong, are you ready to go?"

Jaejoong stepped out of his bedroom, wearing a pair of wrinkled blue jeans and a red jacket. 

Yunho stepped over and placed a cap on Jaejoong's head, along with a pair of sunglasses and a surgical mask. Jaejoong looked up and saw the two other men, dressed similarly. 

"Why are we wearing this?"

"Mianhe if it is a bit uncomfortable, but it's sunny out there and we can't have you getting sunburned, can we?"

Changmin turned his head to the left in an attempt to hide his amused expression. Such a blatant lie.

Jaejoong peered out the windows. The clouds loomed over Seoul, and there was not a ray of sunshine in sight. Nonetheless, he brushed his suspicions aside and smiled brightly under his mask.

"Okay."

Changmin scoffed. Jaejoong's really that gullible? He felt his leader's elbows jab into his ribs and he looked up to see the older man glowering at him.

Yunho put his hand on the small of Jaejoong's back and guided him to the car, where he gently pushed the shorter man in and buckled his seatbelt for him. He then slid into the driver's seat and started the engine.

Changmin leaned over from the passenger's seat and whispered into Yunho's ear. "I hope you're aware that Jaejoong is capable of buckling his own seatbelt, Jung Yunho."

Yunho pushed the younger man's face away and flicked his forehead. "Keep your snarky comments to yourself, maknae."

Changmin merely laughed, satisfied with his trolling. Truthfully, he didn't like Yunho's fiancee. Something about the aura surrounding that woman made him dislike her; she seemed conniving and not entirely truthful somehow. The first time Yunho introduced her to Changmin, he caught her eyes straying over to his body. When he caught her gaze, he could have sworn she winked at him seductively.

Besides, YunJae prevails over everything.

They rode in silence for half an hour, the sounds of Jaejoong's muffled snores providing a little soundtrack for the car ride. They finally reached the secluded little area, a small hill overlooking a crook in the Han River. A few trees were scattered here and there, and a large tree stood near the top of the slope.

"Jaejoong," Yunho shook Jaejoong's shoulder gently. "Jaejoong, we're here."

Jaejoong slowly opened one eye and stretched his arms, yawning. This time, Yunho couldn't resist and swooped in to plant a kiss on Jaejoong's cheek.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty," he murmured. 

Jaejoong froze for a few seconds, stunned, before blushing a deep shade of scarlet and placing his hand over his mouth. Yunho smiled and pulled the man's hand from his mouth and put it in his own hand, leading him to the large tree where Changmin was setting up their lunch.

Changmin, having seen the romantic scene unfold before him, raised an eyebrow at the pair and winked knowingly at Yunho. You getting some tonight?

Yunho shot a glare in Changmin's general direction before plopping down on the damp grass, pulling Jaejoong down with him. Like their previous dinner, they finished their meal in silence and watched the ships sail past, the horns blaring every once in a while. Yunho looked over and saw Jaejoong, shivering slightly in a thin jacket.

He pulled Jaejoong closer to his body and wrapped his arms around the older man's shoulders. "Why didn't you wear a thicker jacket?" 

Jaejoong  tried to inconspicuously snuggle into Yunho's arms. "You said it was sunny out here."

Changmin pressed his fist to his mouth, stifling his laughter. Suddenly, his phone rang; the caller ID stated the call was coming from Kyuhyun.

"Oh Kyuhyun-ah, what's up?"

"Changmin, where are you and Yunho?"

"We're at the Han River, why?"

"With Jaejoong?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You need to get back to your dorms, now."

"Wae?"

"The SM managers are doing their unpremeditated dormitory checks right now, Sungmin overheard them talking about it."

"Why now?"

"I think they're suspicious of you guys visiting Jaejoong, something about your driver going and snitching that you made him drive to the hospital."

"Oh sh*t."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New fanfic: Stranger Sun