Their Care

Holding Back the Tears

Do I know you?

Yunho and Changmin looked up at Junsu in shock, who beckoned for them to follow him into another room.

Junsu closed the door after them and looked at the two men before him apologetically.

"I was going to tell you over the phone, but I didn't want to ruin your happiness."

Changmin balled his fists up in frustration. "I knew there was a catch to this; Jaejoong waking up without any setbacks was too good to be true."

Junsu scratched his head uncomfortably. "Yeah."

"Then does he remember you and Yoochun? Is it just me he forgot, or did he forget everything?" Yunho asked.

"He forgot everything; he thinks Yoochun and I are his caretakers. We're not going to tell him anything for now; we'll wait until he fully recovers and try to get him to regain his memories little by little."

They were interrupted when they heard the sound of someone entering the passcode to Jaejoong's house, followed by the sound of the door opening. To everyone's shock, a red eyed Yoochun stepped in.

"Yoochun-ah, I thought you were going home," Junsu stuttered nervously. 

"I came because I need to tell you something and you weren't picking up your damn phone." Yoochun looked threateningly at Junsu. "Care to tell me about these guests you brought over?"

"Hyung," Junsu pleaded. "They have every right to come see Jaejoong too."

"Why? After all, JYJ is better off without them," Yoochun said bitterly, throwing Changmin's words back in his face.

"Hyung," Changmin pleaded. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that. It slipped out of my mouth."

Yoochun simply smirked and rolled his eyes. "There's always some truth in every statement one makes, especially if it slips out of one's mouth. The words aren't slipping out of your mouth; it's your true feelings that come out."

"They're hurting just as much as us," Junsu interjected. "They loved Jaejoong as much as we did, you know."

When Yoochun didn't answer, Junsu decided to change the subject. "So what was it that you needed so desperately to talk to me about over the phone that prompted you to drive all the way over here?"

"Omma..." Yoochun's voice trailed off as he fought to hold his tears back.

"What happened to her?"

"She's fallen ill again, and the doctors say it doesn't look so good this time." Yoochun's voice trembled slightly as his lower lip quivered.

"Where's Yoohwan?"

"He's in America, visiting friends. I called him a few hours ago and left him a message; it's past midnight over there right now."

"I'll go with you," Junsu offered. "Your omma is like a second omma to me too."

Yoochun pulled Junsu in for a hug while Yunho and Changmin stood to the side awkwardly, seemingly forgotten. 

"What about Jaejoong? We can't leave him here all alone. I'll call HyunJoong to look after him," Yoochun remembered.

"Why would you call him? Yunho and Changmin can take care of him just fine," Junsu suggested.

"Over my dead body."

"They're not going to hurt him."

"Physically, no, they probably won't. Emotionally, yes. Do you want to have him regain those painful memories in this state?"

"He's going to have to regain them sooner or later; it might as well be sooner."

"Not when his body is in this weak condition, no way."

"We'll be careful," Yunho pleaded. "Please, I just want to be near him; I've missed all of you so much." His voice broke a little at the end, his emotions threatening to take over.

Yoochun conceded. "I don't have time to deal with this right now. You two, take exceptional care of him and if I come back and find him hurt in any way, I will personally hunt you down and deal with you."

Changmin shivered, not having seen this side of Yoochun before.

Junsu tugged on Yoochun's arm lightly, signaling it was time for him to leave. He waved to Yunho and Changmin enthusiastically. "Passcode to Jaejoong's house is 06105 and his meds are all on the kitchen counter. Call me if you have any questions, you have my number right? Take good care of Jaejoong, okay?"

Yunho and Changmin nodded at the same time. "Go safely."

Yoochun threw a half hearted nod in their direction and pulled Junsu out the door with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heh. Losing subscribers one by one. Bye bye~

Cookies to whoever can figure out why Jaejoong's passcode is 06105; if you don't like cookies or whatever then you can have something else.