Longan Juice

Holding Back the Tears

Yunho and Changmin returned to Jaejoong's bed, only to find him upright. His hair was slightly disheveled, and his face glowed from the lengthy amount of sleep received.

"Annyeong, Jaejoong. This is Changmin and I'm Yunho, and we'll be taking care of you while Junsu and Yoochun are away."

Jaejoong smiled slightly and nodded. Yunho felt his heart skip a beat at Jaejoong's shyness. He looked so innocent, so vulnerable; it was exactly the way Yunho loved Jaejoong. 

It's like falling in love all over again. 

"Umm," Jaejoong murmured. "I think I'm hungry."

Yunho nodded. "I'll make you something to eat. Changmin, you should stay with Jaejoong."

He stepped out of the room and raided Jaejoong's refrigerator, but couldn't find anything. Well of course, did you except the fridge to be stocked after the inhabitant of the house hasn't been present for almost a year?

He went back and checked up on Changmin and Jaejoong before leaving for the grocery store to purchase some ingredients. 

Meanwhile, Changmin sat on the bed with Jaejoong, holding the latter's hand while taking in the sight before him. The face he yearned to see for so long, the motherly aura emitting from him even if the roles were reversed at the moment. The hands that always reached out and comforted him when he needed it, the eyes that always assured him everything would be alright.

"What are you thinking about?" Jaejoong's soft voice disrupted Changmin's train of thought. 

"Nothing. Are you cold? Do you want more blankets?"

"One would be nice, thanks."

Changmin nodded and slid off the bed in search of a closet that contained extra blankets. He knew Jaejoong had to have one for sure; he always kept one while they lived together.

He wandered around the house, in search of the stash of blankets. He opened random drawers here and there and stopped when he found a closet full of cardboard boxes labeled "memories."

Curiosity took over the better side of him and he pulled one box out. He took some keys out from his pocket and used it to puncture the tape. He ripped the box open and found a collection of cell phones, which he recognized immediately. They were the cellphones that Jaejoong used ever since their trainee days, cellphones that contained a load of personal photos of DBSK. If it was any other day, Changmin would have taken those phones, which contained thousands of photos of him in the bathroom, and destroy them in such a way that they would never be accessible again. But it didn't feel right anymore. The phones were a piece of their history, to throw them away would be killing memories.

He opened another box and found its contents full of TVXQ's albums recorded as a duet. That closet fanboy, buying our albums in bulk to support our sales.

The rest of the boxes were full of memorabilia, like Yunho's Bambi which Jaejoong took with him when he moved out of their dormitory, and hundreds of albums containing photos of them together. 

But Changmin noticed that the boxes seemed to be packed recently. There was little dust on the boxes, and and the writing on the side of the boxes hadn't faded and was still crisp.

He arrived at one conclusion: Yoochun's been through Jaejoong's belongings.

Changmin knew that Yoochun only meant the best for Jaejoong; the two were soulmates and understood everything about each other. Changmin wasn't too sure if Yoochun's tactic was the best, but he decided to put his faith in Yoochun. 

Changmin was heavily disappointed in himself for allowing those words to slip out. In doing so, he had lost the bond between him and Yoochun, the bond he treasured most. Yoochun was always Changmin's favorite hyung, the only hyung Changmin allowed to publicly display affection with. He was the hyung that understood Changmin most. Yunho, Jaejoong and Junsu treated him as a baby, but Yoochun, having a dongsaeng that was a male, knew how to treat Changmin exactly the way he wanted to be treated. It wasn't bad to be treated as a young and naive boy, as a matter of a fact, he did like being doted on at times, but it was nice having someone understand he was an able and mature adult too.

Changmin snapped back to reality when he heard the front door slam shut, signaling Yunho's return from his trip to the grocery store. 

Aw crap, I forgot about Jaejoong's blankets.

He went to the kitchen in hopes that Yunho would know the whereabouts of the stash of extra blankets. He found Jaejoong, perched on a kitchen stool, watching Yunho unload the groceries. 

"Jaejoong, are you still cold? I'm sorry, I couldn't find the blankets."

Jaejoong bit his lip and shook his head. 

"Shim Changmin, you let Jaejoong freeze like that in his bedroom?"

"No, I was looking for blankets for him," Changmin quickly defended himself. Yunho's wrath was the worst when it came to Jaejoong and protecting him.

Changmin pulled out a stool next to Jaejoong and sat down. Together, they watched as Yunho ran around the kitchen, trying to whip up a quick batch of spaghetti. 

"Here, drink this while you wait," Yunho said, handing them each a can of longan juice.

Jaejoong opened the can and sniffed the liquid doubtfully, scrunching his face up. "Are you sure this will taste good?"

Yunho smiled, remembering Jaejoong's initial reaction to the drink when he was first introduced to it so many years ago.

"I'll bet you 5,000 won you'll like it," Yunho said.

Jaejoong hesitantly sipped the drink, his facial expression changing from doubt to happiness as he guzzled the drink down.

"Do you have more?"

Changmin turned his unfinished portion over to Jaejoong, eyeing Yunho meaningfully.

Just like the old times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know longan juice doesn't come in cans..... but oh well?