Discovered

Holding Back the Tears

Jaejoong’s eyes widened in fear as he realized the truck was heading straight for him. He tried to speed up and swerve around the truck, but that only made it worse. Swerving the car meant making it unbalanced, and that was when the truck hit him.

Jaejoong shut his eyes as the truck collided into him, and clenched his teeth as his car rolled over three times before coming to an abrupt halt upside down, twenty feet from where the truck had hit him. His vision was filled with red as his blood ran down and formed a pool of blood near his head. A searing pain shot through him and his consciousness left his body as he closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yunho and Changmin were bored,

Extremely bored.

They both felt it wasn't right to celebrate DBSK's 8th anniversary without all five of them together, so they spent their entire day moping around and doing nothing. Yunho still felt bad about his meeting with Jaejoong. His own words kept repeating in his head over and over.

Get over him Yunho. You're getting married soon.The other side of him rebutted these arguments. Are you still in love with him? You shouldn't get married to her unless you're completely sure about who you really love.

 Yunho couldn't take it anymore. The silence made it that much easier for him to think, and he did not need that right now. Around 4 o'clock, Yunho suddenly got up.

"Yah Changmin, I'm sick of just laying around all day."

"Then what do you suggest we do, watch paint dry? Or we could watch some grass grow. Or we can count the grains of rice we have," the snarky maknae replied.

Yunho pulled on Changmin's arm and ignored his comments. "No, let's go to Super Junior's dorm. They always know how to party."

Changmin agreed and they drove off to Super Junior's dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yunho and Changmin arrived at Super Junior's dorm, and already, they could hear pots banging, people shouting and loud singing. Yunho laughed slightly and pressed the doorbell, only to be greeted by Siwon in a fat suit and a Santa Claus outfit.

Yunho and Changmin pushed past Siwon, chuckling at his costume. "Siwon-ah, Christmas already ended yesterday."

Siwon shook his head in disapproval. "Christmas never ends, boys. Christ should be celebrated every day and..."

Changmin interrupted him. "Neh, Shisus, you've told us many times."

Ryeowook came bouncing in, high off of sugar. "What are you guys doing here?"

Yunho shrugged. "We're bored, so we came to uh, play with you guys."

Ryeowook laughed cheerily and got on his tippytoes to put his arms around Yunho and Changmin's necks to drag them off to the living room where all the other members were situated.

"Look what I've captured, guys."

Leeteuk got up and scolded Ryeowook. "Why'd you bother them like that? You know what day it is for them?"

"No, no," Ryeowook denied. "They came on their own because they're bored."

"Is that so?" Leeteuk inquired suspiciously. "Alright then."

Yesung suddenly got up with a cold expression on his face and left the room.

"What's wrong with him?" asked Sungmin.

Ryeowook shrugged. "Dunno."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesung went into his room, locking the door after him. He couldn't look at Yunho the same way anymore, not after his phone call with Jaejoong the day after Yunho and Jaejoong met up.

"Jaejoong, tell me truthfully. Why were you at SM a few weeks ago?"

"Yesung, I can't take it anymore."

"Take what anymore?"

"I needed to see Yunho, I needed to see Changmin. I wanted to know if they're alright. I felt like I was going to die if I don't. It's been two years, Yesung, two freaking years. You know how that feels? To not know how your loved ones are doing?"

"Jaejoong, that's not good enough of a reason. Stepping foot inside the SM building is the dumbest and most dangerous decision you can make."

"Hyung, you don't know love."

"Alright, maybe I don't. Then why not go to their dorm, or set up a place to meet?"

"I don't know where they live anymore, nor do I know their phone numbers." Jaejoong laughed cryptically. "That's how well I know them."

"You could've asked a fan or someone."

Yesung heard the sound of air being blown out of Jaejoong's cheeks. "It was a split second decision, and besides, I was a little drunk."

"But then what were you doing in SM's office?"

Jaejoong sighed. "I got caught, and I'm guessing he wanted revenge for the bad reputation we've given him and all the troubles."

"Next time, Jaejoong, you can just ask me how they're doing and I can just answer you. You didn't have to go and risk your life."

"Yesung, when your life is at its rock bottom, you become desperate. When you become desperate, you risk everything, even life. Because we need to find that one thing that will keep us alive." Here, he paused. "But now I know... that one thing that kept me alive is now gone."

His words frightened Yesung. "No Jae, you have me, you have Junsu, Yoochun, music, your family, your fans, you have everyone and everything to live for, Jaejoong."

"I don't think you understand, Yesung. Those people and things are most important in my life, but that does not mean I will live solely for them."

Yesung started shaking, scared. "Yunho isn't the only one, Jaejoong. There will be plenty more later in life, we just have to wait and find our other halves."

"But I already found him, Yesung. And he left me."

"Does this mean... you aren't going to live anymore?" Yesung began biting his nails nervously, anxiously awaiting Jaejoong's answer.

There was a long silence on the other side of the phone. "I don't have an answer, Yesung."

"You have to," Yesung whispered. "You have to."

"Araso. I need to go now." Jaejoong hung up, leaving Yesung to cry silently, all alone in the dark.

At the moment, Yesung hated Yunho. What if he was responsible for Jaejoong's death? What would he do then? It was all going to be Yunho's fault.

His thoughts scattered the moment Ryeowook began pounding on his door. "Yesungie, we're going to start watching a drama now so... come out if you want to."

Yesung returned to the living room, only to find Kyuhyun and Shindong wrestling each other for the remote. "Yah, what are you imbeciles doing?"

Sungmin, who was pretending to be the announcer, explained to him, "Kyuhyun, being the nerd he is, wants to watch the news and Shindong here wants to watch a drama."

Yesung plopped himself down on the couch and watched the scene unfold with amusement.

Shindong lunged for the remote. "You can watch your stupid news later, I need to watch my drama now."

"What are you, a fifty year old ajumma?" Kyuhyun retorted. "We as human beings need to be aware of what is going on around us, in this country and around the world." He paused. "Besides, the announcer is super hot."

Shindong got up, interested. "She is? Alright, you win this round."

Everyone in the room shook their heads. Seemed like Shindong always forgot he had a fiancee.

They watched as the gorgeous female announcer spoke about politics, another war, the plummeting economy and some kidnappings.

They were beginning to tune out when the woman announced something they never wanted to hear in their lives.

"We have some more updates on the breaking news we reported on earlier. Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun of JYJ have been spotted arriving at Seoul Hospital, after hearing news of fellow member Kim Jaejoong's car accident. Two people have already been confirmed dead at the scene and it is still unknown if Kim Jaejoong is among those deceased."

Everyone sat frozen, in shock.

I knew it,Yesung thought.

 I knew it.