To Love

Holding Back the Tears

"So...what do you think?" Yoochun asked nervously.

"What do I think?" Jaejoong laughed softly. "You're such a simpleton, Chunnie."

Yoochun ignored Jaejoong's attempt at bantering. "How do you feel?"

"How do I feel? Aside from this IV needle shoved up my arm and these starchy hospital clothes, I'm fine."

Yoochun gritted his teeth. "Be serious, Jaejoong."

Jaejoong sighed. "What is there to feel anymore? I'm twenty seven, it's time to get a move on with my life. I love you all, really, but it's time to move forward."

Yoochun approached the next topic cautiously. "Then what about Yunho and the future of DBSK?"

"Yunho's still getting married to that girl, isn't he? I should get a girl for myself too, bring back mini-Jaejoongs and make my parents happy," Jaejoong laughed heartily. "I wonder if Yunho's kid is going to be a boy or a girl."

"Jaejoong..." Yoochun's voice trailed off. "You're faking this, aren't you?"

"No." Jaejoong's voice did not falter the slightest. "I'm letting go, no strings attatched."

Yoochun grappled with the conflicting emotions inside him. He had been so against Yunho and Jaejoong's relationship before, why did he want them to get back together?

Because Jung Yunho makes Jaejoong smile like no other.

And seeing his soulmate happy made him happy.

His thoughts scattered when Jaejoong's chilled and lanky fingers took his wrists.

"Your scars are getting better."

"I don't cut anymore, if that's what you're asking."

Jaejoong smirked. "Something good happen?"

"You know me so well."

"So what is it?"

"Ah, Junsu and I -" Yoochun paused. It felt rather inappropriate to talking about blossoming relationships with one who'd just his shattered. "We, er, got together."

Jaejoong grinned, his smile stretching across his face as he patted Yoochun's hand with unnecessary force.

"About time soulmate-ssi. About time."

"But still, you and Yunho..."

Jaejoong's expression soured slightly. "Again, again, again you bring him up. What do you want this time?"

"You're really going to leave it all behind you, just like that?"

"I already told you, I'm going to go out and find a girl for myself. It's less drama, and I won't have to worry about what people think of me dating a man, now do I?"

"You're not being sincere."

"You'll be eating your words in a month."

"Bet's on."

The door crashed open, revealing a flustered Yunho. Trailing behind was Junsu and Changmin. 

Yoochun stood up abruptly, shocking the other occupants of the room. "How did you get -- Kim Junsu, what have you been doing?"

Junsu took cover behind Changmin and gripped the shoulders of the younger man, using the maknae as a shield. "About that, Yoochun, I can explain, but can we wait until you've calmed down a little?"

"I'm calm," Yoochun huffed. "Perfectly calm."

Jaejoong tugged at Yoochun's sleeve. "Chunnie-ah, you're scaring Junsu."

"I know this might be a lot to ask," Yunho began. "But can I talk with Jaejoong privately? Just for a few minutes."

Yoochun stood protectively beside Jaejoong's bedside, contemplating. 

"Yoochun-ah," Junsu said. "Let's go outside for a little bit."

Yoochun hesitantly walked towards Junsu, turning back to look at Jaejoong. "Are you okay with this?"

Jaejoong smiled reassuringly and swatted his hands in the air, gesturing for Yoochun to go. Junsu pulled Changmin out of the room with him and quietly shut the door after him. 

Once left alone, Jaejoong felt an awkward tension in the air. He shifted around in his bed uncomfortably, the wrinkled sheets below him anxiously.

"Congratulations," Jaejoong muttered. "I hear your fiancee's expecting."

Yunho stared at Jaejoong incredulously. "She's what?"

"You know, pregnant. Expecting a child."

"Oh, that. She gained some weight and wore some unflattering clothes, so the media assumed she was expecting."

"Oh." Jaejoong was unable to contrive any more words and lapsed into an awkward silence again. "I...remember. You, Changmin, Dong Bang Shin Ki, your engagement. I don't know exactly why I'm telling you this, but I just thought you should know."

"Jaejoong," Yunho took Jaejoong's hand in his. "I'm not engaged anymore."

Jaejoong snapped his head up, confused. "Why? What happened?"

"I realized my feelings weren't genuine."

"When...?"

"When we were outside, waiting for you to wake up. The threat of losing you again made me realize how much I needed you in my life, and I'm so sorry for hurting you, Jaejoong. 'Sorry' won't cut it either, but it's the least I can say for now."

Jaejoong laughed bitterly. "I don't need your pity, Jung Yunho."

"It's not pity, Jaejoong." He softly kissed Jaejoong on the lips, smiling in triumph as the heart rate monitor graph spiked dramatically.

It's love.

-----------------------------------------------------

안녕~

Sorry for not updating in so long, school and finals are crazy. I hate high school with a passion.

I think this story will be going kind of fast from now on, I'm leaving for Thailand in a week and won't be back until a week before school starts. So I'll either finish before I go or go on a reallllyy long hiatus.

Have a lovely day~