Pills

Holding Back the Tears

Junsu looked around, half dazed. At first, he was confused; what was he doing here? It then clicked in his mind; Jaejoong. Car accident. Where is he?

He turned and grabbed Yoochun's collar, shoving his face right in front of his. "Jaejoong. Where is he? WHERE IS HE, TELL ME NOW."

Shocked, Yunho pulled Junsu off of Yoochun. "Stop it Junsu, what's wrong with you?"

Junsu's pent up anger and frustration at Yunho and Changmin flowed out at an alarming rate as he punched Yunho and flung him off to one side. He scanned the room and saw Sungmin and Shindong, images of their harsh words on Twitter flashing through his mind. By now, he was uncontrollable. Before, he had been standing dangerously close to the cliff and the overwhelming shock of Jaejoong's accident finally gave him the tiny nudge necessary to throw him off. His mind raging and deranged, he threw the closest object to him, his cellphone, at Shindong's head and breathed heavily.

"You traitors," his eyes were bloodshot and darted back and forth. "You worthless pieces of sh*t."

Antagonized, Shindong could no longer control himself. "If I'm a traitor, then what does that make you?"

Junsu lunged forward, threatening to fight. Yoochun and Eunhyuk struggled to contain him as a scuffle took place. In the process of trying to contain Junsu, Yoochun's sleeve went up, revealing dark red horizontal scars on his wrist. Changmin stared in shock, while Yoochun realized what happened and quickly pulled his sleeve back down. No one else noticed; they were all trying to hold Junsu and Shindong back. 

All of a sudden, Junsu's strength was depleted and he felt a sharp pain in his stomach as a wave of nausea washed over him. He cupped his hand over his mouth and bolted off to the restroom. Confused and concerned, Eunhyuk took off after him, only to be stopped by Yoochun.

"Leave him alone. He needs some time."

Junsu slammed the door of the bathroom stall shut and sounds of someone regurgitating could be heard. He stared into the toilet bowl, the bright red contents staring up at him. Blood. His head felt light all of a sudden and he rested his head on his arm, tiny blotches of black appearing in his vision. He had no idea how long he remained like that until he heard the door open, creating a loud bang when it slammed against the wall.

"Junsu, where are you? Yah Junsu, are you in here?" It was Eunhyuk, there to check in his best friend from elementary school.

When there was no reply, Eunhyuk started checking under each stall and found Junsu at the last stall, his head resting on the edge of the toilet.

"Junsu, that's unsanitary," Eunhyuk tried to lighten Junsu's mood. "Imagine what's been there."

Upon hearing Eunhyuk's words, Junsu felt the biting acid crawling up his throat again, threatening to spill over. He closed his eyes as the contents of his stomach flowed into the toilet.

Alarmed, Eunhyuk began pounding on the door. "Yah Junsu, open the door so I can help you."

"I'm fine, go away," Junsu croaked weakly. 

"Please Junsu, just open the door," Eunhyuk pleaded. 

"No," an adamant Junsu replied.

Frustrated, Eunhyuk ran outside to where everyone else was gathered. "Yoochun, come help me with Junsu. I don't know what's wrong with him."

Yoochun tilted his head back and rested it gently on the wall, closing his eyes. "I told you, just give him some time alone and he'll be fine."

Eunhyuk began to get desperate and anger filled his veins. Why was Yoochun so casual about it? It's almost as if he doesn't care. He glared at Yoochun, fury burning in his eyes. "He's throwing his guts up in there."

Startled, Yoochun scrambled to his feet. "Where is he?"

Eunhyuk silently led him down to the corridor to where the restrooms were located. Before leaving, Yoochun turned to everyone else.

"Stay here and wait for the doctor's updates if any." 

Eunhyuk silently gestured to the stall where Junsu was located. Yoochun knocked lightly, but silence filled the room.

"Junsu, if you don't open the door I'm going to have to crawl under the door," Yoochun threatened. Again, no answer.

Sighing, Yoochun got on the floor and cringed slightly as he crawled under the door and unlocked it so that Eunhyuk could get in. Mustering all the strength left, Junsu flushed the toilet so Yoochun couldn't see the blood-filled contents on the inside. Upon seeing Junsu seated helplessly on the cold tiled floor, Yoochun and Eunhyuk both bent down, crying on the inside for their beloved Junsu. They embraced him, rocking back and forth gently to give him some solace. Junsu felt tears slip out of his eyes and held on to them as if they were his lifeline.

Eunhyuk Junsu's hair gently. "Are you feeling better?"

Junsu nodded and stood up and winced silently as he felt the blood rush from his head.  

He almost succeeded making it out the door when he felt the need to throw up again. Unable to make it to a toilet this time, he emptied his stomach in the sink. This time, Yoochun and Eunhyuk saw the blood and quietly gasped. 

"Junsu, you need to see a doctor."

Junsu's eyes widened and he adamantly shook his head. No way they were going to let a doctor inspect him.

"Junsu, you need to."

Junsu continued shaking his head vigorously. "No."

Eunhyuk put his hands on Junsu's shoulders. "Please, Junsu, just once."

But Junsu kept vehemently refusing.

Eunhyuk's eyes were rimmed with tears. "Junsu, we're going to take you by force if you don't go by your own will," he threatened. 

But Junsu remained, not moving an inch. Sighing, Yoochun grabbed his arm and dragged him down the hall, Junsu protesting the whole way. Eventually, they arrived to where Super Junior, Yunho and Changmin were, who became surprised at the sight of Yoochun forcefully hauling Junsu. They jumped to conclusions and intervened, thinking Yoochun was going to hurt Junsu.

Yoochun frowned. "Stop it you guys, I'm going to take Junsu to the doctor."

"For what?" Ryeowook asked.

Yoochun glanced over at Junsu, who was pleading with his eyes to keep quiet. Yoochun smirked slightly, using the situation to his advantage. "Come with me to the doctor and I won't tell them what happened."

Junsu shrugged. "Fine, go ahead and tell them then."

Agitated, Yoochun finally snapped. "Why the hell won't you just let me take you to the damn doctor?" he cried.

Junsu caved in. Yoochun was obviously fixated on taking him to the doctor, not matter what. Out of desperation, he decided to tell Yoochun the truth. Better then explaining to the doctor, anyway.

"Itooksomepillslastnight," he slurred his words together and talked quietly in an attempt to make it inaudible.

"What?" 

"I. took. some. pills. last. night." Junsu no longer cared and this time, he declared it openly.

Shocked, Yunho held on to Junsu's hand. "What type of pills, Junsu?" 

Junsu looked down at Yunho's hand, and reverted his gaze down to his feet. Suddenly, the pattern of the tiles on the floor seemed very intriguing to him.

"You know."

"No Junsu, I don't know." Yunho looked over to Yoochun, who was silently mouthing words. Leave it be for now.

"How much did you have?"

"I dunno, like half a bottle," Junsu responded casually.

Everyone in the room watched their exchanged, astonished and their mouths agape. The Junsu they knew would never do such a thing. Their Junsu, the one they knew, never even touched a bottle of alcohol or a cigarette. Exactly how much pain did he go through that he felt the need to do such a thing?

Changmin broke down and cried. For so long, he had been remaining strong and cold for Yunho. When the three members left, he became Yunho's sole source of support, his pillar when he needed one. He kept all his emotions bottled up inside, effectively shutting himself out from everything. When asked about JYJ, all he had was a curt and harsh answer while Yunho would send out his regards to them, maintaining an artificial smile the entire time. Once they got back to their dorm, Yunho would come apart at the seams and cry for hours while Changmin tried to comfort him. He never had the time or strength to think about his feelings. He was always the snarky little maknae of DBSK, but the impact of having to mature suddenly in order to fill the roles that the three members left behind took a major toll on him. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't do anything about the void they left in the group and in their hearts.

He crushed Junsu in a hug, crying into Junsu's shoulder. "Why hyung, why why why?" he asked repeatedly.

Junsu did not respond; instead, he could only embrace Changmin back and cry together.

Changmin let go first. He looked over at Yoochun, who was sitting with his head cradled in his arms.

"Hyung, why did you cut yourself," he sobbed, holding Yoochun's injured wrists.

Yunho's eyes began to tear too. "Yoochun, not you too."

Yoochun bit his lips and tried to say something, but just then, the doctor walked out of the operating room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short story I promised for all you angst-lovers is up:

Baby's Breath