Conscious

Holding Back the Tears

He can't be dead. Jaejoong cannot be gone. Please, no. Don't take him away from me. Yunho and Changmin raced down the halls of the hospital, their sneakers pounding on the white floor as desperately searched for a hospital personnel who could update on them on Jaejoong's whereabouts.

Their feet led them to the reception desk. "Kim Jaejoong, where is he?" Yunho asked, tears of desperation sliding down his cheeks.

The elderly receptionist looked up, flustered at the two frenzied men now in front of her. Her fingers flew across the keyboard, exerting them as fast as her age would allow.

"He was discharged this morning, sirs, the papers were signed by Park Yoochun."

Changmin's legs gave out and he slid down onto the cold linoleum floor in relief, his hands shaking from the leftover panic. Yunho too, struggled to regain his composure and inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm his nerves.

"We need to see him," Yunho murmured.

Changmin simply nodded and turned to the receptionist. "Excuse me, do you know Park Yoochun's contact information?" 

"I'm sorry, but personal information is strictly confidential and cannot be disclosed," the woman said apologetically.

"Can't you just make one exception?" Yunho begged.

The woman pursed her lips and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but it's the hospital's policy."

Yunho was about to argue further when Changmin grabbed hold of Yunho's arm and pulled him to the exit. "Hyung, we can just call HyukJae; he has Junsu's number for sure."

Yunho smiled. "As expected Changmin, your IQ is really no joke."

Changmin smirked and contacted Eunhyuk, who gave them Junsu's number.

"Junsu, pick up, please," Yunho muttered as he paced back and forth.

After four rings, Junsu picked up. "Yobosaeyo?"

"Junsu, it's me," Yunho said. 

A silence was heard on the other end, followed by the muffled sound of a door closing. "Yunho?" This time, Junsu's voice was much softer.

"Is Jaejoong with you? Is he okay?" Yunho asked.

"Yes, and yes," Junsu answered, his voice still barely above a whisper.

"Junsu, what's wrong? Why are you speaking like that?"

"Yoochun's going to kill me if he finds out I've been having any contact with you," Junsu explained.

"Why?"

"He's still hurt about what you said before, about DBSK being better off without us."

"Junsu, about that-"

They heard Yoochun's voice faintly in the background. "Junsu, who are you talking to?"

"It's just Junho, I'll be out soon," Junsu called back.

"Yunho, Yoochun's going to leave soon so if you want to come visit Jaejoong, you should do it now. He's at his apartment right now. But-" Junsu's voice trailed off.

"But what, Junsu?"

"Never mind, you'll find out when you come. Just hurry up, Jaejoong's getting a little drowsy and I think he's going to fall asleep soon."

"Alright," Yunho paused. "And thanks, Junsu."

Yunho and Changmin raced to Jaejoong's residence, anticipation building up inside. They rang the doorbell incessantly, eager to see their beloved.

Junsu answered, his face tired and worn out. "Not so loud, guys. You'll scare Jaejoong."

Changmin realized his mistake and turned apologetic. "Mianhe, hyung." 

Junsu simply shook his head lightly and gestured for them to follow. When he saw Jaejoong, Yunho broke into a run and enveloped his former lover in a hug.

Jaejoong hesitantly reached up and hugged Yunho back, but Yunho could feel his reluctance. 

"Jae, are you mad at me?"

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know some of you don't want Jaejoong to have amnesia, but it's only going to last a few chapters, so... ^^

Thanks to all the new subscribers and commenters, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while it's been kind of hectic.

New fanfic up: The Archipelago