Antipathy

Holding Back the Tears

Six months passed by, and Jaejoong was still in a coma. For those six months, Yunho devotedly visited Jaejoong everyday to stop and talk with him, only to receive no response. 

Today was no different. Yunho stopped by after lunch, bringing with him some of Jaejoong's favorite kimchi jjigae. 

"In case you wake up," he whispered softly, brushing a strand of hair out of Jaejoong's face. "Just in case you wake up."

He pulled Jaejoong's hand out from under the blanket and clasped in gently in his, playing gently with Jaejoong's emancipated fingers. 

"Today, my fiancee called," he began. "She's returning from her business trip in Japan in three months."

He snuck a glance at Jaejoong's face and imagined a dissatisfied expression spreading over his face.

"You don't like me talking about her, do you?" He laughed lightly. "It's okay JaeJae, I love you more." 

He looked down at this watch. Visiting hours were almost up. 

"It's almost time for me to go Jae, I promised Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu that I'd meet them for dinner. After your accident, Yoochun resents me so much its frightening."

With this, a tear escaped from his eye. "We can't have our family broken apart like this, can we? We've been together for too long for that to happen. That's why you have to wake up, for us, so we can stand on stage as five again. Five..." his voice trailed off as he fell deep into thought, memories flooding his mind.

He started talking again. "Do you remember that day? December 26, 2003. The day we performed Hug and O Holy Night. The day that changed our lives forever. And it was the day we stood as five, together on stage, for the first time. Or our exuberance and ecstasy when we learned we were finally debuting." He paused momentarily before continuing. "The hardships we agonized through in Japan, do you know what pushed me through? The fact that we were all five. That we had each other's back, that no matter what, everything was going to be alright because we had each other. And most importantly, because I had you."

He was disrupted when the nurse stepped into the room. "I'm sorry, but visiting hours are up. You can come back tomorrow."

He nodded and got up, giving Jaejoong one last goodbye kiss before disappearing out the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yunho waited restlessly outside the tiny and secluded traditional Korean restaurant, located outside the outskirts of Seoul. He shivered lightly as the wind picked up and puffed a forceful gust of wind, lifting the leaves from the ground and swirling them in a mini tornado.

A white Maserati Granturismo pulled up into the restaurant's parking lot, followed by a red Ferrari California. Junsu disembarked from the Maserati's driver seat, while Changmin slid out of the passenger's seat. 

"Nice ride, hyung," Changmin said, admiration sparkling vividly in his eyes.

Junsu beamed with pride and he patted the hood of the car. "Do you want to drive it on the way home?"

Changmin's eyes expanded and his face brightened. "Hyung, are you serious?"

Junsu laughed his signature high pitched dolphin laugh. "Yeah." 

Changmin threw his arms around Junsu, ecstatic. "Daebak."

Yoochun appeared behind them, as if he was an apparition and s his arm around Junsu's. "Let's go inside, I'm freezing my off out here."

They chose a table hidden tucked away in a dimly lit section of the restaurant. The restaurant was mostly empty, with the exception of an elderly couple who were lovingly feeding each other and most likely did not have any interest in Dong Bang Shin Ki.

They ordered their food and Junsu decided to break the silence during the waiting period.

"Hyung, did you go see Jaejoong today?"

Smiling slightly, Yunho nodded. "Yes."

"Is he any better?" Changmin interjected. 

Yunho's face returned to it's solemn state. "No, he's still the same."

Yunho looked over at Yoochun, who had remained silent the entire time. 

"How have you been, Yoochun?" he asked awkwardly. Never before had he been so formal to any of the members; to speak with such formalities all of a sudden felt alien.

"I'm fine," Yoochun replied tersely.

The tension between Yunho and Yoochun disturbed Yunho a great deal. "Yoochun, if you have any problems, tell me so we can solve this amicably."

Yoochun looked up, antipathy in his eyes. "There is no discord between you and I." He spoke coldly, and it didn't take a lying detector to sense the blatantly obvious misstatement.

"Please Yoochun, I just need you to tell me what's wrong." Yunho coaxed softly, attempting to sound as benevolent as possible.

"Don't speak in that leader-like tone with me," Yoochun snapped angrily.

"What?"

"I said, don't speak as if you're still our leader, or mine at least. You bailed out on us two years ago, and you expect me to accept you as a leader again? Forget it, there's no way that's happening."

"Hyung," Junsu whispered anxiously. "Hyung, shut up."

Yoochun laughed at Junsu mockingly. "Junsu, Yunho's managed to brainwash you, hasn't he? Don't fall for his trap."

By now, Junsu was becoming irritated with Yoochun's headstrong and bigoted ways. "No, I just think you need to eliminate your malevolence towards people and move on."

"Don't you see? Yunho's a totalitarian who wants to oppress us again like he did while we were in DBSK." 

Changmin and Junsu stared at Yoochun with consternation, shocked Yoochun held so much resentment inside him.

"Hyung, I feel like I don't know you anymore. It's like I'm staring at a stranger right now," Junsu said, close to tears.

Yoochun smirked. "You've never known me, Junsu. And those two definitely don't know me. Jaejoong's the only person in this freaking world who actually understands me." He leaned closer the the table, accusation burning in his eyes. "But someone has managed to nearly kill him." With this, he got up and walked outside to light a cigarette, coughing lightly as he inhaled the smoke.

"Yunho hyung, are you okay?" Changmin put his hand on Yunho's shoulder, who was staring blankly ahead of him.

"What?" Yunho snapped back to his senses. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He lifted his hand up to snag the attention of one of the waitresses. "Can I get one bottle of soju?"