Regaining

Holding Back the Tears

"Let's put off our marriage for the time being."

Miri dropped her bag on the ground. "Do you not love me anymore?"

Yunho shook his head. "It's not like that, Miri. I just think we're rushing it a little. I want to be completely sure before accepting such a big commitment."

"But you still love me, right?"

Yunho silently nodded, unsure himself.

"Prove it."

Without much thought, Yunho bent down and kissed her.

Miri let out a contented sigh and threw her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaejoong stopped in front of Yunho and Changmin's front door and rapped his fingers on the door three times but there was no answer.  He noticed it was slightly ajar and pushed it open a little more, and poked his head through.

"Yunho-ssi?" Jaejoong called softly, not wanting to wake up anyone else who was residing in the apartment.

The only answer he received was silence, so he stepped into the foyer and craned his neck. He turned to the right and saw Yunho and a woman, interlocked in a passionate kiss.

Yunho broke the kiss and gave the woman a strained smile. 

"Is that enough proof for you?" Yunho whispered softly.

Miri nodded and kissed him tenderly on the lips.

Tears ran down Jaejoong's face as he stepped out of the apartment. He could feel the beginnings of an excruciating headache as he heard the soft echoes of voices in his head.

"...They're going to get married soon, Yunho's proposing to her on Christmas."

"Jae, I love you."

"What we had those years back...think of it as a little experiment, as you would."

"Dong Bang Shin Ki, hwaiting!"

"Star Museum Entertainment does not condone relationships between members. Do something about it, or we will."

"I can't take this anymore, Jaejoong. It's suffocating. I'm done with all this. With SM. Come with me and Junsu. I won't have that bastard threatening you anymore."

"Jaejoong, you can't leave."

"You're a monster, Jaejoong. Don't even think of coming anywhere near Yunho and me anymore."

"If you leave, its over."

"Don't go looking for him."

"Always keep the faith."

Jaejoong initially struggled to identify the unknown voices and as his mind replayed memories from his life. He was able to tell Yoochun and Junsu's voices, along with Donghae's.

Yunho.

It was Yunho and Changmin.

Dong Bang Shin Ki.

Everything was so clear to him now. The unexplained tension Jaejoong sensed whenever the five of them were in a room together, the reason Yoochun and Junsu didn't want Jaejoong visiting Yunho and Changmin. 

He blindly stumbled around, his mind in a daze as his feet took him to an unknown spot. The sun began to inch up in the sky, its rays peering out from behind a set of hills. He stopped at a wooden dock and looked around. Contrary to his exploding emotions, a few boats bobbed about in the water and birds circled overhead. 

Tears running down his face, he angrily threw Yunho and Changmin's bag into the river. 

He couldn't take it anymore. 

He jumped into the river, submerging his body under the frigid water and closed his eyes.