Regrets

Holding Back the Tears

"But Jaejoong, what were you doing at SM?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I had some business to deal with," Jaejoong answered vaguely, a farwaway look in his eyes.

Leeteuk silently nudged Eunhyuk and mouthed to him to stop asking questions. Sometimes, it was better to remain in the dark and Jaejoong would tell him when he was ready. For now, he most likely did not trust them that much, especially with the Twitter controversy that occurred earlier in the year. He then turned to Jaejoong and tried to make him feel more at ease.

"So how's Yoochun and Junsu doing?" Leeteuk asked. He knew how Junsu was doing; they still met up quite often with Eunhyuk. Junsu was no longer the optimistic, happy and bubbly dolphin they knew. He was more grown up now, and as time went on his eyes seemed to lose their life and there was less of his "eu kyang kyang" laughs. 

"They're fine," Jaejoong replied tersely. No, they're not. Junsu rarely spoke anymore and often faked his smile for his hyungs to make it seem like he was fine. Yoochun was resorting to alcohol and tobacco to escape from reality; it got to a point where every time Jaejoong visited Yoochun, he was greeted by Yoochun's mother and Yoohwan, at their wits end because Yoochun was drunk again. When they did get the time to sit and talk, which was once in a blue moon, Yoochun would speak cryptically, talking about how much he hated life.

Yesung tried to fill in the silence. "Jaejoong-ie, how are your parents doing?" he asked.

"Dad's sick, mom's going crazy." Again, with the short answers. 

Leeteuk decided it was a lost cause trying to make Jaejoong comfortable. Anything they asked seemed to launch him further into depression and bring back bad memories. He handed Jaejoong a sleeping pill and a glass of water. "Here, take this."

Jaejoong popped the pill into his mouth and was out cold within minutes. 

"Go to your rooms and sleep," he commanded. "Anyone who makes noise will do the dishes for a month."

The boys obeyed and went to their respective rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungmin couldn't sleep. His conscience was weighing down on him. His words on Twitter, attacking Junsu kept appearing in his head and haunting him. He didn't mean for them to be malicious; he was just angry and caught up in the moment. He saw how Yunho and Changmin were suffering and how hard they worked on their comeback album, only to have one of their members angry over their Thanks to section. 

But did you think about how JYJ felt? Is there more to the story I didn't know? There probably is. Who was I to judge? Why didn't I look at both sides? Were they hurt a lot by my words? Thoughts ran through Sungmin's head. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore and went to the living room, where Jaejoong was resting.

He sat on the floor next to the couch, staring at Jaejoong's sleeping face. "Mianhe, Jaejoongie. I was mad, forgive me, please?" Why am I talking to a sleeping figure?

"Aish, I'm going crazy," he muttered, frustrated.

Suddenly, a voice coming from the dark scared him. "You too?"

Sungmin leaped up in shock and grabbed the closest object to him. "Don't come near me."

The figure came closer and started laughing quietly. "I guess you've really gone crazy - crazier than me, at least."

Sungmin put the object down. "Oh, Shindong. You scared me. Why are you out here?"

Shindong shrugged. "Same reason as you, I presume."

"Your tweets?"

"What do you think?" 

"I'll take that as a yes."

By now, Leeteuk heard the voices coming from the living room and got up, exasperated, ready to yell at the offenders. But when he reached the living room, he found Sungmin and Shindong, rocking back and forth with their heads on their knees. Immediately, he knew what was going on and sat down next to Sungmin and Shindong.

"Don't blame yourselves, guys," he said softly. "It was everyone's faults, not just yours. It was a result of miscommunications and misunderstandings and we all have to accept that and move on. Just apologize and try to repair the relationship." He got up. "Go to sleep now - you'll wake Jaejoong up."

Sungmin and Shindong got up too and were about to go back to their rooms when Shindong noticed something on Jaejoong's face. 

A single tear, glistening in the dark.

He stopped Sungmin and Leeteuk. "Yah, is he crying?"

Sungmin and Leeteuk turned and looked. Sure enough, a steady stream of tears was starting to come out of Jaejoong's eyes. 

"Is he awake?" Shindong asked.

Sungmin walked over and carefully inspected Jaejoong's face. "No, he's not." 

Jaejoong began twitching in his sleep and moved around restlessly. "Yunho, don't leave," he sobbed quietly.

Sungmin, Shindong and Leeteuk looked at each other.

Yunho.