Admitting

Holding Back the Tears

Jaejoong pressed his back up against the tree, pulling his knees to his chest and resting his chin on his knee. He hated the sight of Yunho and Changmin leaving; somehow, it made him feel jittery and insecure inside.

Why am I like this? Unless... does this have something to do with my past?

His thoughts scattered when a bald man came walking up the hill.

"Jaejoong-ie!" Hong SukChun laughed cheerily. 

Jaejoong-ie? Why is he so informal? Does he know me well? Maybe he can tell me something...

"Jaejoong-ah, how have you been? Wow, you look good, y as ever." He laughed heartily. "Yunho is going to die of jealousy if he ever hears this."

Jaejoong stared at the man before him before blinking his eyes in confusion. "Yunho? Why would he be jealous?"

Hong SukChun stopped laughing abruptly and froze, his hands held in an awkward position mid-air. "You broke up?" I thought Yunho getting married to a girl was just a cover up.

"What?" Jaejoong panicked now and his breath accelerated. "We dated?"

SukChun's eyes opened wide. "Oh, no, I was just joking around." His eyes darted back and forth suspiciously. He leaned into Jaejoong's face and stared at his eyes. "Do you know my name?"

Jaejoong racked his brain for answers and bit his lip nervously before slowly shaking his head.

SukChun's face lit up in understanding before he leaned back. "Ohhhh. My name is Hong Suk Chun."

Jaejoong nodded, smiling. "It's nice to meet you."

SukChun extended his hand as a gesture for Jaejoong to get up. He was no longer as animated as he was before, and Jaejoong took note.

He's hiding something.

They silently walked to SukChun's Hyundai Sonata and drove towards Jaejoong's home in silence. 

Halfway home, Jaejoong suddenly piped up. "About Yunho... Did I know him before my accident? Changmin too?"

SukChun's fingers wrapped around the steering wheel even tighter. "I'm not sure about that, Jaejoong."

"Please, tell me. I want to reclaim my past. It's not fair to me if everyone around me is holding back and leaving me in the dark."

Hong SukChun's facade faltered a little. "Jaejoong, I really don't know. I'm only Yunho's casual friend; he doesn't tell me these kinds of things."

Jaejoong let the subject slide. The man was clearly not going to tell him anything, and it would require a lot of energy to wrench the truth out of him.

They sat in silence again before before Suk Chun filled the silence. He never really was one for awkward silences; he liked to chatter whenever possible.

"About Yunho - he's cute, isn't he?"

Jaejoong began to say something but realized that even though he did find Yunho attractive, no one else would think it was normal. Maybe people would institutionalize him, or maybe SukChun would dump him on the side of the road in disgust.

"No, not really." Lies.

SukChun giggled like a teenage girl. "You can tell me. He is cute, after all."

But Jaejoong only continued shaking his head.

"Well if you won't have him, I will."

Jaejoong's head snapped up at this. "What?" Do I have competition?

"I'm kidding, I already have a boyfriend. Yunho is all yours, kiddo."

"Boyfriend? You're gay?"

"Yep."

Jaejoong looked down at his hands and blew the air out of his cheeks before admitting.

"Yeah, I like him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoochun and Junsu looked at Yoochun's mother, who was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. Yoohwan stepped into the room, quietly closing the door after him.

"Is she asleep?"

Yoochun nodded. "Took you long enough to get here."

"I'm sorry, there was a snowstorm and my flight was canceled. How is she?"

"She went through surgery a few days ago and she woke up already. She's just resting right now. They're going to discharge her in a week or so; they want to observe her for a while because of her age."

Yoohwan nodded. "Okay, I'll take care of her from here. You should go back to Jaejoong."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll call you if anything happens."

"Araso. Junsu-ah, let's go."