Relive

Holding Back the Tears

The sound of clanking metal filled the dining room as they finished their dinner in silence, with Jaejoong not knowing what to say and Yunho and Changmin silently enjoying the company of the man they loved.

Yunho looked up and saw Jaejoong, dragging his fork around his now empty plate. 

"Are you done?"

Jaejoong peered up, surprised at the sudden conversation after a period of silence. He nodded, gently setting his fork down on his plate and wiping his mouth. 

"Go take a shower; Changmin and I will do the dishes. Towels are already in the bathroom, along with all your toiletries."

Jaejoong nodded again silently and went to the bathroom, only to find he was confused with the way the shower operated. He twisted some knobs here and there, yelping in pain as the steaming hot water beat his back.

Yunho dropped the dishes he was washing and raced to Jaejoong's aid once he heard Jaejoong's screams, fearing the worst. He began pounding on the door desperately.

"Jaejoong, open the door. Jaejoong, are you okay?"

Half a minute later, Jaejoong opened the door wearing a sheepish smile and a towel wrapped around his lower body. 

"Yunho-ssi, can you help me with the shower?"

Yunho heaved a sigh of relief as he walked past Jaejoong and adjusted the water to a comfortable temperature. He couldn't help but notice Jaejoong's hot breath breathing down on his neck as he stood close to Yunho, watching him.

Yunho balled his hands up, his fingernails digging into his palms as he struggled to restrain himself. His eyes scanned Jaejoong's body; it was tainted with leftover scarring from the car accident and lacked the muscle it initially had, but irresistible nonetheless. 

Jaejoong, you damn aphrodisiac. 

Yunho couldn't take it anymore. He retreated from the bathroom before he lost control, opting to retire to Jaejoong's bedroom. He flopped down on Jaejoong's bed, breathing in the scent of him through his bedsheets. 

Jung Yunho, what are you thinking? You're engaged, get a hold of yourself.

He shook his head and dozed off into a turbulent sleep, too exhausted to think anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Yunho silently set 3 plates of pancakes and a pitcher of syrup on the table. He took a seat, carefully placing some distance between him and Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sensed the change of aura emitting from the man; caution, apprehension, and restraint. 

And he didn't like it one bit.

Over the course of a day, Jaejoong had already found himself emotionally attached to the tall man. He yearned to be embraced by him and was pulled in by Yunho's chocolate eyes, filled with sincerity and concern. 

Yunho sensed Jaejoong's probing eyes and pretended to focus on the sponginess of his pancakes, carefully pouring a precise amount of syrup on and systematically cutting the food up into perfect portions. 

Changmin watched the two and silently chuckled to himself. If only Jaejoong wasn't in this condition; he would be the of all of Changmin's jokes right now.

Jaejoong cleared his throat, hoping to get the attention of one of them. 

"Do you guys want to go somewhere today?"

"Go where?" Changmin asked.

"Anywhere. It's a little stuffy in here; I need a breather."

Yunho nodded. "Go get dressed; we can decide on where to go after you've finished getting ready."

Jaejoong obeyed and shuffled off to his bedroom. Yunho waited until he heard the door shut and turned to Changmin. 

"What are we supposed to do now?"

"What do you mean, what do we do? We take him somewhere. Do you think he still likes beaches?"

Yunho closed his eyes. "Can you imagine what's going to happen if fans catch us? If someone we know finds out? What if Jaejoong sees something that stimulates his memories? Yoochun is going to maim us; that's a given. And Jaejoong is going to be hurt, and I can't have that."

"Let's go to the Han River."

"Too many memories, too many people. No, Changmin."

"There's many different parts of the Han River, hyung. I know a secluded place that he's definitely never been to."

"Sounds like a plan."