Animosity

Holding Back the Tears

The boys watched, paralyzed, as the cameras followed Junsu and Yoochun into Seoul Hospital. Yoochun was trying to comfort Junsu, who was in hysterics and out of control. A hospital personnel led them through a pair of double doors and tried to give them privacy. The cameras remained like a horde of maggots, swarming around the doors and filming them through the small window that the doors provided. Thousands of viewers watched as Yoochun enveloped Junsu in a hug in an effort to comfort and calm him down. However, Junsu remained uncontrollable, thrashing around and crying for the doctors to allow him to see his beloved hyung. Finally, a nurse appeared with a tray and a syringe. She inserted the needle into Junsu's arm, who became drowsy and slumped down onto the hard metal bench with Yoochun, the latter breathing a sigh of relief. Now that Junsu was taken care of, he was free to focus on his own emotions. He remained frozen in shock for a while before breaking down into a river of tears. He drew his knees up into his chest and sobbed quietly.

Eunhyuk was the first to take action. He turned the TV off and got up abruptly. "I'm going to go to the hospital. If you want to come, come."

Leeteuk nodded and followed Eunhyuk. "I'm going too."

One by one, they each got up and filed out the door. Changmin was the last to get up and looked at Yunho, who remained frozen on the floor, his eyes staring into nothingness.  

Gently, he pulled on Yunho's arm. "Hyung, aren't you going to go too?"

When Yunho didn't respond, Changmin sighed and silently helped Yunho to his feet and guided him out the door and led him to the car.

Yunho, Changmin and the rest of Super Junior separated into two groups in order to fit into the two vans, and each sped off to the hospital, going more than the speed limit allowed.

When they reached the hospital, they disembarked and raced off to the hospital lobby, where a horde of Cassiopeans and reporters were situated. Immediately, the cameras turned away from filming Yoochun and Junsu and began shoving cameras in Yunho, Changmin and everyone else's faces. 

Yunho ignored all the cameras and turned to the receptionist, half crazed. He slammed his hands down on the desk and began screaming at the poor receptionist, who was terrified at his wrath. Changmin lagged behind, silently crying while Kyuhyun put his arms around him and tried to tell him everything was going to be alright.

"Where is he? How is he? TELL ME NOW."

Shindong and Siwon pulled Yunho away and asked the receptionist, this time calmly, where Jaejoong was located. 

"He's still in surgery, but you can wait over there," the personnel led them to the room where Junsu and Yoochun were at.

Junsu was still drowsy from the drug, but Yoochun was still very much active. His sadness transitioned into resentment as he saw Yunho and Changmin entering the room.

"Get out," he growled. "Get out of here, you murderers."

Yunho flinched painfully at the accusation while Changmin just cried harder. 

"Why are you here?" Yoochun began screaming. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO BE HERE."

"Stop it Yoochun, stop it," Leeteuk attempted reasoning with him. He started walking over to calm Yoochun down, only to be shoved aside as Yoochun advanced towards Yunho to deliver a blow to his face.

Yunho felt pain as Yoochun's fist connected with his jaw. But worse than the physical pain was the mental pain. Yoochun's punch carried more than irascibility; it carried the sadness of Jaejoong, the hurt of Junsu, the accusation that this was all his fault. 

This was all his fault. 

Yoochun stepped forward to punch Yunho again but was held back this time by Sungmin and Siwon. Yoochun struggled to break out of their grasp. "I need to take care of this f*ker."

"Let him punch me," Yunho tried to pry Sungmin and Siwon's hands off Yoochun. "I deserve it."

Yoochun smirked, his eyes burning with anger. "Gladly."

Yoochun was about to hit Yunho again when he felt Junsu's hands yanking on his arm. The commotion had woken him up, and the tranquilizer the nurse injected in him was starting to wear off. "Stop it hyung," he begged. "Think rationally."

Yoochun laughed cryptically. "Rationally, my ."

Junsu began crying. "For Jaejoong, hyung. Think about Jaejoong."

Junsu's words took an impact on Yoochun. His momentary anger subsided as he retreated back to the cold metal bench and brought his knees back to his chest and cried miserably again. 

Yunho took a risk and decided to sit next to Yoochun and put his arm around him. Yoochun's body first became tense at his touch, but gradually relaxed as minutes passed. As the clock's hands moved, Yoochun eventually found himself holding on to Yunho for comfort.

By now, Junsu's drugs was starting to fully wear off. As the last drop of medication left his body, Junsu was, once again, fully consious of his surroundings. 

His brain finally processed Yunho and Changmin's presence. 

Animosity replaced the sadness in his eyes.

It was Junsu's turn to lash out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the poll...it appears I have more JaeChun shippers and angst lovers than I thought. But the majority of you voted for Yunho and Jaejoong's happy ending so...

I think I'll create short stories/one-shots about JaeChun and Yunho's regrets that can serve as oneshots or as kind of alternate endings to the story.

Yay?

=_________=