Returns

Holding Back the Tears

Hong SukChun set his overnight bag on the living room floor and looked around.

"Nice crib," he commented.

Jaejoong beamed happily. "Sit here, I'll make some tea for you."

SukChun nodded and settled down on the leather loveseat; Jaejoong returned three minutes letter, two cups of tea in hand. He carefully placed the porcelain cups on the coffee table and took a seat next to SukChun.

"So about Yunho..."

SukChun gritted his teeth. "What is it, Jaejoong?"

"Is he single?"

SukChun was taken back. His mind was conflicted; torn between lying to Jaejoong but giving him false hope, or being blunt and telling him he was engaged.

However, he was spared when there were two sharp raps at the door, followed by the sound of someone punching in the passcode.

Yoochun and Junsu placed a bag of food on the floor, the latter cringing as a Styrofoam cup of soup tipped over.

"Jaejoong, we're home," Junsu sang as he teetered on one foot, attempting to take off the shoes that were a size too small. He picked up the plastic bag off the floor again and headed toward the kitchen, humming softly. 

Yoochun walked into the living room, and stopped abruptly. 

"Oh SukChun-hyung, annyeong." 

"Yoochun-ah, how have you been?"

"You know each other?" Jaejoong asked, his eyes flickering back and forth between the two men.

"Yes we were--" Yoochun searched his brains for an answer, but to no avail.

"--coworkers," SukChun finished his sentence for the confused man.

The look on Jaejoong's face was skeptical, and both men knew it. Exactly for how long were they going to keep lying to Jaejoong? What would they do when he found out? The longer they kept building on to the lies, the harder it would get to confess the truth; the more hurt everyone would suffer when the truth was unveiled.

"Where's Yunho and Changmin?" Yoochun inquired, an edge of anger in his voice.

Jaejoong flinched at the pure hatred that dripped from Yoochun's voice. "They had an emergency, so they had to leave."

"What's this 'emergency' you speak of?"

"I'm not sure."

SukChun interjected before Yoochun could get angrier. He knew that out of all the five men, Yoochun was the one who held the most bitter feelings about the separation. 

"Yunho and Changmin had issues with their work, so they called me to take care of Jaejoong. But now that you're here, I should go back; my boyfriend's down with the flu and I need to take care of him." With that, SukChun rose from the couch, poked his head into the kitchen to say a quick greeting to Junsu and disappeared out the front door, closing it softly behind him.

"You look exhausted," Jaejoong murmured, tenderly touching one of Yoochun's eye bags.

Yoochun stared back at the man before him, studying his vibrant eyes and plump lips before settling his gaze on Jaejoong's slightly sloped nose. As much as he hated to admit it, Yunho and Changmin taking care of Jaejoong had nursed him back to near-perfect health again.

"You look tired yourself," Yoochun said, his voice softer than usual. 

Jaejoong removed his hand from Yoochun's face slowly. "Go sleep; I'll hang out with Junsu for the time being."

"But I just got here," Yoochun protested.

"No buts," Jaejoong laughed as he smacked Yoochun's behind lightly. "Go to sleep."

In the end, Yoochun complied and Jaejoong wandered off the the kitchen in search of Junsu. He found Junsu with his head stuck in the refrigerator and duckbutt sticking out, attempting to rearrange the food so he could somehow stuff the new batch of food in. 

"Hyung, help me with this," Junsu pleaded. 

Jaejoong peered over and laughed at the complete mess Junsu made in the refrigerator. "Leave this to me."

Junsu straightened his back and stretched the cricks in his back, grateful to escape from the annoying task that was bestowed upon him. "I'm going to go take a shower, bye!" 

Jaejoong quickly rearranged the containers in the fridge and sat down at the dining room table. Junsu's phone lay on the table, taunting him lightly.

He paused and heard the sounds of the water running, and Yoochun's soft snores that drifted from the couch. 

Hesitantly, he unlocked the phone and scrolled through the contacts until he found the number he was looking for.

Jung Yunho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry I haven't updated for two weeks, hectic life~

I'd also like to extend my condolences to Yoochun, Yoohwan and his family, along with Changmin and his family for their losses.

Please stay strong and lean on those you love most.

Also about the sasaeng controversy; take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Fans have found that some of Jaejoong's audio clip was fabricated and ripped from the "Vacation" series. Also, the slap could have been fabricated. I'm not justifying any of his actions, but perhaps we fans should take that into account.