Back to Super Junior

Holding Back the Tears

The clouds parted and a full moon emerged, incapacitating the pitch darkness of the night as it glowed luminously. A door creaked open and Sungmin of Super Junior emanated, having finished practicing for the upcoming Super Show. Because he was struggling on some dance moves, he had stayed behind after all the members called it a day. He walked out of the practice room and heard men vociferating, as if a heated argument was underway. He curiously walked towards the source of the pandemoniun when he saw a door open and a bloody man stumble out, followed by three men in black suits. He hid, terrified, behind a tall potted plant, watching in horror while the three men kicked the bloody man in the stomach a couple times and seized him by his arms. They proceeded to drag him towards the exit, the man crying in agony while Sungmin stealthily pursued and watched as they disposed him outside the door, deserting him in the hyperboreal December winter. Being the empathetic person he was, Sungmin crept over to the bloody man to see if he could help and received the shock of his life. The distinct features, distinguishable even through the all the blood. 

Kim Jaejoong? What is he doing here? Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun walked out on SM two years ago, what was he doing here at the SM building? 

Doesn't matter. Sungmin bent down and gently shook Jaejoong's shoulder. "Yah, Kim Jaejoong. Are you okay?" Silence ensued and Sungmin decided to take Jaejoong to the nearest hospital. Using all the strength he acquired from years of martial arts, he gently lifted Jaejoong up. 

Jaejoong's eyes fluttered open. "Who are you?" His eyes darted around uneasily. "Where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you to the hospital," Sungmin responded. "You need help."

"No. You can't take me to the hospital," Jaejoong protested. 

"Then what do you want me to do with you, leave you here?" Sungmin snapped back, frightened and unsure of what to do next. But Jaejoong's eyes were closed again and he didn't respond. In a split second decision, Sungmin decided to take him back to the Super Junior dorm. He had no clue where Jaejoong lived and that was the only option he could think of.

When he arrived at the hostel, he pulled Jaejoong out of the car and piggybacked him to his dorm. He dragged Jaejoong to the living room and set him down on the couch, surprised to see to see all of s weren't asleep yet. Instead, they were all on the floor, crowding around a pile of cards. He hastily put a white blanket over Jaejoong so the members couldn't see him. 

"What are you guys doing at this time of the night?" Sungmin asked, trying to divert their attention.

"What does it look like? We're playing games, duh," Eunhyuk responded. 

"Right. So where's Kyuhyun?" Sungmin inquired, trying to use his body to block their view of Jaejoong. 

"He's in his bedroom, playing StarCraft with Changmin," Siwon said. "Why?"

Crap, Changmin's here...this is going to be really complicated. "Uh...just, you know, wondering."

But Sungmin couldn't keep things hidden forever, especially from the eagle eyes of the leader, Leeteuk. 

"Since when was there a bloody blanket on the sofa?" Leeteuk asked, suspicious. 

Sungmin turned around and saw Jaejoong's blood, seeping through the white blanket. Crap.

Leeteuk got up and walked over to the couch where Jaejoong was on and lifed the blanket. He quietly gasped in horror as he saw Jaejoong's pale and bloody face. "Sungmin, what'd you do to him?"

Sungmin backed away quickly, shaking his head. "I didn't do anything, I just saw him at the SM building like that so I took him here." 

The other members scrambled to their feet and gathered around Jaejoong. Yesung, who was one of the closest people to Jaejoong, began crying. Upon hearing the commotion, Kyuhyun and Changmin walked out of Kyuhyun's room, curious as to what was going on.

Leeteuk acted swiftly and threw the blanket back over Jaejoong. "Kyu, it's time to sleep. Changminnie can come again tomorrow, but we have a schedule tomorrow so you need to get some rest."

Kyuhyun sensed the urgency in Leeteuk's voice and decided for once, to not talk back and obey Leeteuk. "Right, uh, Changmin I'll see you tomorrow then." 

Changmin nodded. "Kay, call me tomorrow then." He walked out the door and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Kyuhyun turned back to s, confusion evident in his eyes. "Someone care to tell me what's going on?"

Donghae silently showed Kyuhyun Jaejoong. Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock as he saw what his hyungs had been hiding from him.

"Are you guys stupid?" he shouted. "You're just going to let him bleed to death like that? Aren't you going to do something about it?"

Sungmin shook his head. "I tried to take him to the hospital, but he wouldn't let me."

"You could at least bring the first aid kit out and stop the bleeding, you know," Kyuhyun shot back.

"Right." Ryeowook raced out of the room and returned 30 seconds later, with the first aid kit in his hands. All the members began working together to clean his wounds and change him out of his blood stained clothes. Halfway through, Jaejoong woke up and looked around.

"Yah, you're awake?" Yesung hugged Jaejoong, careful not to make his injuries any worse than they already were. 

Jaejoong remained silent, then he spoke. "What...am I doing here?"

"I found you at the SM building and I brought you here," Sungmin explained.

"Thank you, but I really shouldn't trouble you guys any more. I'll head home now," Jaejoong started to get up but Leeteuk gently pushed him back down. 

"No, you're staying here for the night," he said with an authoritative tone. "Shindong, go and get some sleeping pills for Jaejoong and bring some more pillows and blankets."

Shindong got up and disappeared into the kitchen.

The other members finished cleaning Jaejoong up and were sitting around him, silently watching over him.

Curiosity took over Eunhyuk. 

"But Jaejoong, what were you doing at SM?"