Accusations

Holding Back the Tears

Yunho stepped into Jaejoong's hospital room, flanked by Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin.

They looked dolefully at Jaejoong, lying on his gurney.

"Any changes?" Yunho asked the nurse.

"No, sir." She picked up her tray filled with a variety of medicines and bowed in their general direction before shuffling out the door, leaving the lingering scent of strawberry perfume behind.

Yoochun walked to Jaejoong and waved his hand back and forth across his motionless face.

"Jaejoong-ah, annyeong. Look, it's all of Dong Bang Shin Ki in one room right now. Let's see, there's Yunho, whom you need to wake up for so he can smother you with love, there's me, your soulmate, and there's Changmin who needs you to wake up so that you can make delicous meals for him again."

"Yah," Changmin protested. "You make me sound so shallow, as if I only care about food."

"What about me?" Junsu whined. "You forgot about me."

Yoochun and Changmin high-fived each other in victory, ecstatic their trolling had been successful.

"Junsu wants you to wake up so that you can continue harassing his duck ," Changmin scoffed. 

The tips of Junsu's ears flamed as his agitation shot up. "Yah, maknae you're going to pay for this," he threatened, grabbing Changmin's shirt collar playfully.

"Not so loud," Yunho reprimanded them. "This is a hospital; you're going to disturb the other patients. Especially this one right here." He reached down and Jaejoong's face lovingly.

Junsu giggled childishly. "Let's leave these lovebirds together," he teased Yunho. He wrapped his arms around Yoochun and Changmin's torsos and dragged them towards the door. Yoochun looked back one last time to bid Jaejoong goodbye, but witnessed something.

"Guys, Jaejoong's hand just moved."

Yunho looked down in panic, but was met with disappointment. "No, it's not."

"I'm not kidding," Yoochun breathed. "His finger. It twitched."

"Doctor. A doctor." Junsu stumbled over his words in excitement and raced out the door to locate a doctor.

"Don't get your hopes up too high," Changmin warned. "It's only going to mean more disappointment later on." 

Junsu raced back into the room, hauling behind in Changmin's poor father who had been developing arthritis and was suffering because Junsu forced him to run.

"Doctor, doctor he moved. His finger moved. It moved," he spit out, his words barely coherent because of his excitement. 

"Is that so?" Changmin's father couldn't help but allow his face to break into a huge smile. "I'll call some nurses up and have them help me conduct some tests. But you're going to have to vacate the room for a while so that we can run the tests."

They pushed and shoved each other out the doorway, scolding Junsu lightly when he stumbled over his shoelaces in an act of clumsiness.

They waited outside for an hour before Changmin's father returned, clipboard in hand.

Yunho felt his heart drop when he saw the somber expression on the doctor's face. This cannot be good.

"There's no increase in the brain's activity," the doctor explained. "It seems like we jumped to conclusions here."

The doctor's words only added salt to their gaping wounds. In a way, it felt worse than the initial shock when they discovered Jaejoong had been involved in an accident. It felt worse to have that overwhelming sense of hope swelling up inside them, only to be deflated quickly. Their patience running on thin ice, each member's temper flared up. The memories of playful bickering and accord between the members present a few hours ago dissapeared within the blink of an eye.

"This is your fault, Yoochun," Yunho accused. "Why did you go and get our hopes up like that? Is this some kind of funny joke to you? Are you that kind of sick person?"

"My fault?" Yoochun shot back. "At least I don't go around betraying the ones that treasure me. And you, Changmin. Geese that break off from their flock should not consider themselves part of the flock anymore? You bastard. If anything, you shouldn't call yourself Dong Bang Shin Ki anymore."

"You make it sound like you're the sole victims," Changmin snapped. "What about Junsu and his tweets? Are you aware how hurt Yunho hyung was by what he said? I'm glad you left DBSK; it's a million times better without you monsters in my face."

Changmin's last sentence provoked Junsu. "If you guys hadn't done what you did in the first place, then I would have never been prompted to tweet that."

"You act like you know everything when what you really are is clueless. How do you know that it was us who wanted to write that in our album? It was not our idea to inscribe that," Yunho defended Changmin.

"Even so, it's your fault for being Lee Soo Man's useless puppets. It shows how spineless and weak you are as men to succumb to something so easily." Junsu reached down and grabbed Yoochun's hand. "Let's go Yoochun. And you inhumane beings should stay far away from Jaejoong and get the hell out of his life."

Yoochun swept past Yunho and Changmin, but not before he uttered a single word.

"Murderers."