Chapter 8

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

It's been a month. Sora have been communicating with Yoseob secretly, updating him about what had happened, every week. Like she told him before, through the super market.

Both Sora and Minseok lived quite normally actually. They have casual talks now and then.

"What are you watching?" Minseok asked, coming out from the kitchen after washing the plates. "Hello counsellor." Sora answered. Sora's phone started vibrating. The phone that was bugged.

"Hello?" Sora answered the call. "Sora, this is bad. The 2 guys who were arrested last month are dead. And Minseok's mother is missing." She heard D.O said. "So?" Sora asked, not actually caring. "So? Are you kidding me?!" D.O exclaimed.

"What is it?" Minseok asked. "Your mother is missing and the 2 guys that were arrested last month were killed." Sora answered Minseok and he widened his eyes. "What?!" He exclaimed making Sora flinched at the volume. "Good gracious." Sora rubbed her sore ear.

"Where is she?!" Minseok asked, panicking. "Do you not understand the word missing?" Sora asked, obviously not happy with Minseok. "Any leads?" Sora asked D.O. "One thing's for sure, Son Dongwoon was the one who killed both of them. They had cuts all over their bodies, including their....Yeah... They were ." D.O said.

"Of course. Minseok's mum?" Sora asked. "We're not sure. The last location she was at was at the alley, near Hongdae." D.O said and Sora scoffed. "Well, I know who have her." Sora said. "You do?" Both D.O and Minseok asked simultaneously. "Yoon Doojoon." Sora answered. Hongdae is one of Yoon Doojoon's territories.

"We'll figure out how to bring Minseok's mother back. Come to the police station now." D.O said and hung up. "Well, that was a peaceful one month." Sora sighed and kept her phone in her pocket.  "Let's go." Minseok said and Sora just continued sitting.

"Come on!" Minseok exclaimed, panicking. "At least change your pants." Sora said. Minseok is wearing a pants that goes to his knees, and it's not exactly fashionable. "We don't actually have time to think about what we're wearing." Minseok said, impatiently.

"Sure we don't. Go and change." Sora said and Minseok rolled his eyes at her before going to his room and changed into a pair of jeans and a plain shirt while Sora changed into a pair of denim shorts and a hoodie.

Sora drove to the police station and Minseok ran into the office while Sora actually took her time to get there. "You seem rather relaxed." Suho said, obviously not happy with the attitude Sora is showing towards what had happened. "Maybe because panicking wouldn't help with thinking." Sora replied.

"So you have an idea on how to solve this problem?" Suho asked. Sora just grinned. "Of course I do. I'm frenemies with Son Dongwoon and Jang Hyunseung." "Never fail to surprise us." Baekhyun said, shaking his head.

"So, what's your plan then?" Suho asked. "Talk to Jang Hyunseung." Sora shrugged, earning some scoffs. "Well, that's a totally well thought out plan." D.O retorted.

"Such a burden." Sora groaned. "I'll do things on my own, while you guys slowly think of a plan. How does that sound?" Sora asked. "You're not actually in position to act out on your own." Suho said. "And you guys are not exactly in position to think of a plan while Minseok's mum is getting beaten up. Mafia bosses are not to be messed with." Sora glared at Suho and said.

"What do you suggest we do then?" Suho asked, his eyebrows raised. "I know you guys are police and all. But this is my job, so nobody interrupts." Sora said and left the office leaving the others baffled.

Sora drove to Hongdae and went up to the rooftop of a building where she usually meets up with Jang Hyunseung. "Long time no see." Hyunseung casually said and Sora grinned. "I know right?"

"I know, you're here to ask me about the kidnapping and all." Hyunseung said. "Well, that saves a lot of my breath." Sora said. "I can't help you with that." Hyunseung said. "Of course you can't. Doojoon is your boss and you can't disobey him." Sora replied, understandingly.

"So why bother coming here?" Hyunseung asked. "I need to know the reason for the kidnapping at least." Sora answered. "Because it's a way to get Yoseob." Hyunseung replied. "Figures. What can I do to get Minseok's mother back?" Sora asked and Hyunseung shrugged.

"Anyway, I heard that you killed Junhyung's men. You know you just broke a pact right?" Hyunseung asked. "They tried to kill me. There's a CCTV camera at that alley you know. It's self-defense. They are the ones who started it." Sora said.

"Yeah... I know. Actually we all do. That's why,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter