Chapter 3

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora went out of the apartment at 7AM to go buy some groceries, as she told Minseok. Well, the things in the fridge can only last them for 2 days. She didn't use the car to go grocery shopping, well, she's not legal to drive on anyway, though she knows how to drive a car and a motorcycle. but she doesn't have a license. Which kind of .

Anyway, she was choosing some groceries when she heard her name being called out, making her turn. There's a guy, whose grinning from ear to ear, wearing the supermarket uniform. He started to trace his nose bridge then pinched his nose as if it's itchy. Sora blinked, recognizing that gesture and then grinned.

"I forgot to thank you for helping me last time. Since you were in such a rush. If you weren't there, all my hard-earned money would go to waste." The guy sighed. Sora just smiled and shook her head. "It's fine." "How's life? It's been so long since I've seen you. Was it 2 years ago?" He asked and Sora nodded.

"It was. Anyway, you should forget about the past. It's not worth remembering. Even though it's a good deed." Sora said and the guy seemed a little confused. Sora just smiled, "Call me at 6." She whispered the last bit.

"Alright." He bid goodbye and Sora just bowed to him before returning to shop for groceries. "Who's he?" A familiar voice was heard and Sora just rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't you have other cases to solve or something? And here I thought that being temporarily released from prison can make me have some time away from you." Sora said, looking at the shelves, picking out the things that she needs.

"I do. Gangster related cases. Brothels, clubs, drugs." Baekhyun said, walking alongside Sora.

"Do you have a crush on me or something?" Sora asked. "Oh, I've been caught. Where am I suppose to hide?!" Baekhyun faked a shock.

"I'm honored to have someone who likes me but sorry, I have a boyfriend. No thanks to you." Sora gave Baekhyun a smile. Baekhyun grinned and said, "Your welcome."

"Anyway, you haven't answer the question. Who's the guy you talked to before?" Baekhyun asked, his tone became serious. "A guy that works here who happens to know me. I helped him with something some years ago." Sora said, sounding bored.

"Really? Not one of Yoseob's guys?" Baekhyun asked, eyeing Sora suspiciously.

"Why did you bother asking if you're doubting me?" Sora asked, putting the basket on the counter. "Just want to be sure. Have you contacted Yoseob yet?" Baekhyun asked and Sora shook her head.

"It's 58000 won." The cashier said and Sora just gave the cashier the credit card that the police gave. They need living expenses too. Sora is obviously not allowed to work, and Minseok barely makes enough to make a living for himself.

"Thank you." Sora smiled to the cashier, taking the plastic bags, Baekhyun helping her carry some. "My phone is being bugged. My phone is bugged and I'm being watched every where I go. I don't exactly have the privilege to call Yoseob as and when I like without being tracked since I don't even have anything on me to contact him with without it being bugged." Sora answered coldly.

"How can you still deny you're having a bipolar disorder? Or are you having the time of the month?" Baekhyun asked and Sora rolled her eyes at him.

"My time of the month just past and bipolar disorder refers to someone who have these mood episodes. I don't laugh out loud all of a sudden. I don't cry all of a sudden. I don't exactly get extremely depressed all of a sudden. And I don't exactly like you being here with me." Sora answered.

"I like to be with you though." Baekhyun grinned.

"I'm sure you do. Since your status went up because of me. You're just extremely lucky that you caught me in a building that's on fire." Sora retorted. Baekhyun and Sora was walking back to the apartment building since it's just a walking distance.

"I know right. I didn't even believe you're Yoseob's assassin. Well, I'm actually still doubting. With your height, how can you even climb tall buildings? Jump between them even." Baekhyun said, sounding in awe.

"Can you just keep quiet? You're hurting my precious ears with just your voice." Sora said, her nose scrunched up.

"Right... A prisoner telling a police officer what to do? Wow..." Baekhyun said and Sora just smirk.

"Time to change the rules anyway. The policies and rules are getting old." Sora commented. "What kind of policies would you want then?" Baekhyun asked.

"Something like, street fighting being legal. Drunk driving, speeding, having license at the age of 15." Sora stated and Baekhyun scoffed. "What a dream you're living in." He commented.

"You asked." Sora shrugged and waited for the elevator. "How are you doing with Minseok anyway? Did you know his name in China was Xiumin?" Baekhyun asked. "I'm not exactly interested in him and neither is he in me. He hates my guts." Sora simply answered.

"Of course he does. His 5 year old sister was killed by Yoseob. And you're related to him, in a way. He must be thinking of killing you for revenge. But he'll get killed first and you can just say it's self-defense." Baekhyun said, entering the elevator after Sora.

"It's his fault for being in the wrong place at a wrong time. Where did the incident occur anyway?" Sora asked, referring to him witnessing someone getting killed. "In an alley." Baekhyun answered and Sora scoffed.

Both of them exited the elevator and Sora unlocked the door. "I'm not inviting you to have breakfast. So, you can go home now." Sora smiled at Baekhyun and Baekhyun returned the smile. "You don't have a say in this." He replied and pushed the door open after it's unlocked.

Sora rolled her eyes at Baekhyun and entered the apartment and went straight to the kitchen to keep the groceries. Baekhyun just placed the groceries on the dining table. "Wah...This house looks good." Baekhyun said in awe.

Sora ignored that comment and just did her own things. "I'm suppose to follow him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter