Chapter 28

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

2 days before the deadline

“What are you going to do today?” Minseok’s mother asked, as she served breakfast. “We’re going to visit the police station.” Dongwoon bluntly said taking both Sora and Hyunseung off-guard. Both of them staring at Dongwoon with wide eyes. “What for?” Minseok asked genuinely surprised. “We did send some information to the police. I personally think we have the rights to know what they’re doing with the information that they have obtained from us.” Dongwoon said.

Not bad. Sora thought to herself as she started eating the breakfast. Hyunseung just rolled his eyes at Dongwoon. Well, he is the brains between the 3 of them, Hyunseung knew that, but he really hates getting surprised like that. “Alright. Are you using the car?” Minseok asked. “Can we?” Sora asked. “Of course. You’re going to the police station. I’m pretty sure the police wouldn’t mind.” Minseok said, eating his breakfast.

“I need to go to the academy later. So I can’t come with.” Minseok continued, looking at the 3 of them. “Well, I can. Do you want me to go with you guys?” Minseok’s mum asked. “No, it’s fine. We can take care of ourselves.” Dongwoon said, giving her a smile. “Alright. Then I’ll go help my friend at her restaurant.” She replied, returning the smile.

The past few days went by as a breeze. Sora just lied to the police, telling them that Yoseob said that he doesn’t want her to return to the gang anymore and just continue with her life, making her feel betrayed. Well, Hyunseung and Dongwoon have to praise her acting skills and her ability to lie, because they took the bait almost immediately. They have their doubts but they didn’t dig into it deeper, afraid that it’ll trigger Sora’s anger.

Having to suffer her anger once is enough for everyone and they wouldn’t want her to trash anymore furniture because it’s absolutely tedious to get new furniture. After they’re done eating, all 3 of them went to wash themselves up before getting ready to leave the house. By the time Minseok and his mother left, they were ready to leave.

“Let’s go.” Sora said. She wore a leather jacket, with only a tank top under, and skinny jeans. Both Dongwoon and Hyunseung wore a simple t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. All 3 of them wear casual sneakers. “You could’ve warn us just now. You gave us a scare you know.” Sora said as all 3 of them entered the elevator and went straight for the basement, where the carpark is located.

“I bet the police saw our reaction and I’m pretty sure they’re going to question us about that.” Hyunseung said, glaring at Dongwoon who gave an awkward chuckle. “Sorry. But they’re going to question us anyway.” “True. But a little warning next time.” Sora said as all 3 of them left the elevator. “You drive.” Hyunseung threw Sora the car keys which she caught swiftly. She blinked. “Why?”

“Because driving to the police station on my own accord just doesn’t sit well with me.” Hyunseung said and entered the car. “Neither does it sit well with me.” Dongwoon added and followed Hyunseung. Sora just scoff in response and went to the driver’s seat. She slot in the car key before turning the power on. “What’s up?” All 3 of you heard Chen’s voice in the radio of the car. “The ceiling.” Sora replied as she stepped on the pedal.

“I’m serious. What do you want? Coming all the way to the police station.” Chen asked. “You have mics all around the house. I’m pretty sure you heard what I said just now in the kitchen when we were eating breakfast.” Dongwoon said.

“Yes, but you don’t have to come all the way to the station to retrieve the files. We can just send it personally to your e-mail.” Chen said. “Who’s with you now?” Sora asked. “Sehun.” Chen simply replied. “We’ll be there in 10. Op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter