Chapter 16

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

Minseok opened his eyes and squinted his eyes when he was greeted by the bright light. "You're finally awake." He heard someone said and turned to the person. He sat up and massaged his temple.

"You are too." Minseok replied. Suho just chuckled and sat on the chair beside Minseok's bed. He's already dressed in a simple shirt and jeans, with a bandage on his head.

"The tracking devices in Sora's arms have been deactivated a week ago unknowingly. So, we've lost her now. And for the 2 guys we met in the apartment, we suspect that they're the other assassins. Assassins that belong to Doojoon and Junhyung each." Suho said and Minseok nodded.

"So, are you guys going to find her and catch her again?" Minseok asked. "Of course. We have to catch the others as well." Suho answered.

"Even if it means risking your family members lives?" Minseok asked and Suho became silent.

"Nothing will happen to them." Suho said firmly after a minute of silence.

"How can you be so sure? They know about all of you, and I'm sure that they'll end up dead. Like my sister." Minseok said, looking down upon mentioning his sister.

"We'll make sure nothing happens to you nor your mother. Our family members are safe as well. We have to focus on catching the mafia bosses and the assassins for now." Suho said.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Minseok asked and Suho just smiled. "You can. We're planning to include you into our team. You can come to the office after you end work or school. We're trying to think of a plan as well as solve the cases we have at hand currently." Suho said.

"I'll try to help. It's partially my fault for not looking out for Sora. I didn't think Sora would be this...bad." Minseok said, looking guilty.

"She not called an assassin for nothing. Do you still like her now?" Suho questioned and Minseok didn't answer.

Suho just patted Minseok's back, understanding his silence. "I'll see you in the office."

Minseok just sighed after Suho left his ward. He's still in a state of denial. It's like...Sora changed overnight and that can only happen if one has a muti-personality disorder or something. Or, he just didn't expect Sora to be that...bad.

Living with Sora for more than a month made quite an impact on Minseok. He thought that he knew Sora well, that obviously was proven wrong. Or, maybe Sora is just planning to help the police, but in her own way? Well, the chances of that actually happening would be close to 0%.

Minseok got off the bed and went to wash up before heading back to the apartment that he shared with Sora. Who's actually nowhere to be found. 

Sora went back to her old house. The house that she shares with Yoseob and the gang members. She spent the night at the assassins' hideout and just decided to go back home when it's like 3AM at dawn. Well. It's dark.

She opened the door, grabbing the attention of the people inside. "Who are you?" One of them asked and Sora just blinked. "I'm sorry?" She asked, closing the door behind her. It's a rather run-down building. Yoseob owns a lot of buildings and this is one of them. So, nobody actually checks the building. No inspectors or whatsoever.

"Who are you? I don't remember seeing you before." The same guy asked. "Well, you guys must be new. I never see any of you before either." Sora retorted. "Look here little girl. Leave before we do something we don't want to do." Another guy stated and Sora rolled her eyes at him.

"Who are on shift to guard the door? You shouldn't leave the front door unguarded. What if the police comes?" Sora asked. "Are you ignoring our questions? Are you from this gang?" Another guy asked. There's a total of 5 guys here and Sora isn't actually happy since she's being interrogated right after she stepped inside the building.

"Who is it?" Someone from the 2nd floor asked and Sora looked up. "Oh! Dongho-ah!" Sora exclaimed, happy to see a familair face.

"Sora?!" He gasped when he saw her. Sora grinned and nodded. Dongho ran down to her and checked her body. "Are you hurt anywhere?" Dongho asked, checking her arms and legs, making Sora chuckle. "I'm fine."

"I thought you were still under the eyes of the police? How did you come here?" Dongho asked, looking at Sora. "I escaped. Besides, Gikwang managed to hack into the tracking devices, so I was basically released." Sora shrugged and Dongho just sighed.

"Come on. Let's get you up to Yoseob hyung. He'll be pleased to see you." Dongho said. Dongho is one of the seniors of the gang. Well, Yoseob's right-hand man. While Gikwang is his left-hand man. Sora is just his beloved sister. So, only the 3 of them knows Yoseob's face while the others don't.

All Mafia bosses would cover half of their faces when they go out. But when they're in public, they'll take off the mask to avoid getting unwanted attention. 

"Anyway, this is Park Sora. Your boss' younger sister and the assassin of this gang. She was captured by the police, that explains why you guys hae never seen her before. I don't know how she got out and I don't exactly want to know. So, I expect none of you to question her. Treat her like how you treat the boss. Understood?" Dongho turned to the gang members and said.

"Understood." They chorused.

"Wow.. Fierce." Sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter