Chapter 20

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

Sora is sitting in the interrogation room, with her head down on the table. Looking as bored as ever. "Let's get Kris in." D.O suggested. "Her mental stability looks fine though. We basically know everything there is to know about her." Luhan said.

"Maybe there's more?" D.O said, sounding more like a question than a statement. "Are you doing the background check on the corpses? Even the ones from last year?" Suho asked. "Chen is looking into it." D.O answered.

Sora sat up and stood up. She walked to the mirror window and let out a deep breath, making some mist on the window. She used her finger and wrote something backwards so that the people from the other side can read.

'Come in.' was written before she went back to sit. D.O and Suho went inside the interrogation room. "You guys got me, at least do something than make me wait here." Sora said. "Don't you like waiting?" Suho asked, amused.

"Nobody likes waiting." Sora said with a straight face.

"Fine then. Tell us everything you know. How are they threatening our families and what do they want from us?" Suho asked. "They want you guys to stop doing what you're doing. Your team is an obstacle for them. And it annoyed all of them." Sora simply answered.

"Then why bring our family into this?" Suho asked.

"Because we need someone to threaten you with. And I thought that police were smart." Sora scoffed.

"So, what do you propose we do then?" Suho asked.

"Just wait for them to kidnap your family members and kill them." Sora shrugged like it was nothing making both D.O and Suho angry.

"Don't take our family lightly." D.O said, glaring at Sora and Sora just rolled her eyes at him.

"You had a family before." Suho said. "Yes... Parents. What lovely memories I have with them. I thought you read my notes?" Sora asked.

"Even if they abuse you, you should have a bit of love towards your parents." Suho said. "Yeah, I loved myself more. Want to know how the fire started?" Sora asked, smiling, with her legs crossed.

"How?" D.O asked. "I'm the one who burnt the whole house down. They were sleeping and I was playing with fire. They didn't realise anything until it was too late. Poor them. I was lucky though, I managed to get out of the house unscath." Sora said.

"So...You killed your parents unintentionally?" Suho asked, not knowing on how to repond to that sudden confession. She likes to confess things so suddenly that it makes the officers themselves speechless.

"No. I saw it on the TV and honestly wanted to kill my parents. I opened the gas stove and light a candle. I used it to burn the bed that my parents were sleeping on." Sora said, smiling, her eyes have a glint of satisfaction in them.

"You started killing when you were 5?" D.O asked, stunned.

"Well, intentions to kill. For a 5 year old, you don't exactly know what you're doing until it's too late." Sora stated.

"Anyway, I'm honestly asking what do you propose we do to keep our family safe?" Suho asked, getting back to topic. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Drop the cases you're doing and migrate to another country or something." Sora said, her voice serious.

"And you really expect us to do that? If we run away, there won't be an end to it." Suho said, looking as serious.

"You asked for an honest answer and I'm giving you one. Mafia gangs are not to be messed with. They have ties all over korea, some even extend to Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, India and America, or even more." Sora said, frowning.

"I know they're not to be messed with and I've never taken them lightly. That's why I'm never going to give up the chase. I'm not going to back out. If I do, they'll never be caught." Suho said.

"And it's either you help us or we put you in jail. Your call." D.O continued.

"I've given you more than enough informations, I don't see how my help will benefit you." Sora said, not liking the thought of joining hands with the police. Again.

"You know everything that we need to know. And I need you to tell us. I bet you'd even know where they are." Suho said. Sora scoffed and said, "Nothing comes easy in this world you know."

"Of course. If you help us catch all 3 bosses, you'll only be given 5 years of jail, if not earlier, but with probation." Suho said.

"I've said it before, leaving jail early won't benefit me in any way."

"We'll offer you a job here as well." Suho added and Sora rolled her eyes at him. "A criminal helping the police? And the police bribing their way through? This just shows how corrupted Korea is." Sora said.

"We're not bribing. We're offering you a deal." Suho corrected. "Of course you are. The idea of helping you guys and the idea of going back in jail isn't actually very appealing." Sora said, not answering whether or not she accepts the deal.

"So, is it a yes or no?" Suho asked.

"Or." Sora grinned but both D.O and Suho doesn't seemed amused at all.

"Where's Minseok?" Sora asked after seeing both of their expressions. "Why do you need him for?" D.O asked.

"I miss him." Sora grinned. "I'm sure you do. But I won't risk anything. You'll be staying in jail until you decide to do what we want." Suho said. Sora just shrugged and smiled. "Put me in jail then."

Sora opened her eyes when she heard the gate to her cell creaked open. "Nice seeing you again." Minseok said while Sora just blinked. A little surprise to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't you ask for me?" Minseok asked and Sora scoffed. "They actually sent you to me." "It's been 2 weeks since I last saw you and I didn't actually expect to see you this soon, honestly. Especially after sending the 3 boxes to us." Minseok said.

"I didn't actually expect you guys to go to the orphanage either. My mistake." Sora said, leaning her back against the wall.

"Where did Yoseob bring the kids to?" Minseok asked. Sora closed her eyes, her head leaning against the wall, not giving any answer. "What about the thing about my sister? She was obviously shot in the head." Minseok continued, when he didn't receive any answer.

Sora continued to keep quiet. "Why did you ask for me when you don't even talk to me?"

Sora opened her eyes and looked up at Minseok. "I actually wanted a quiet company, not getting interrogated. Of course, I expected you to ask me as much questions as the police, seeing how you joined the police now." Sora gave a light smirk before looking away from him.

"Quiet company?" Minseok asked, sounding confused. "You're welcome to leave. I'd rather be alone than getting interrogated in my own cell." Sora said, closing her eyes again.

"You really don't have the intentions to help us?" Minseok asked, his voice softer.

"I am already helping." Sora said, her eyes remained close. "I don't know what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter