Chapter 17

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

2 weeks went by. Minseok have been trying to help the police, quiting his job to focus on helping the police. But they were still nowhere close to finding where Sora or the mysterious 2 guys are.

"You still can't get the tracker back up?" Suho asked Chen who's trying all type of softwares and hacking methods to revive his trackers that are in Sora's veins. It's impossible for Sora to get it out of her arms, unless she has wants to die. Or doesn't want her arms anymore.

Both trackers are inside Sora's veins, so, it's still a mystery on how Sora manage to switch one of the tracker off momentarily. The first tracker that she had.

"I'm trying everything I can here. I only slept for an hour a day for 2 weeks. Give me a break." Chen grumbled.

"Chill. We've been checking every single CCTV that we have on Sora and there's a place that she would usual go to. The playground." Suho said. "Yes, I know. I was also given the task to watch her." Chen said.

"I've sent Baekhyun and Sehun to the playground to find any clues on why she always goes there." Suho said and Chen nodded, his eyes still on the computer screen.

"Damn. The hacker that managed to hack into Sora's tracker is a genius." Chen groaned when the software that he used failed. It's already the 4th software. Suho just chuckled and said, "I can see that."

Minseok entered the office and sat on the sofa. "Still nothing?" He asked, sitting on the sofa. "Nothing. I need to get some IV drips." Chen said, shutting down his computer. "Okay.. You've worked hard. See you later." Suho said and Chen just put up his right hand in reply.

Chen went out leaving Suho and Minseok alone in the room.

"You've also found nothing?" Suho asked and Minseok nodded. "I've basically ransacked the whole apartment." Minseok said. He was told to search through the apartment yesterday.

Suho sighed and sat on the sofa opposite Minseok. "We are basically getting nowhere." "I know right..." Minseok replied, leaning against the backrest of the sofa. "How did you managed to suspect Sora as Yoseob's assassin anyway?" Minseok asked.

"We've did some background research and we were led to an orphanage somehow. They told us about Yoseob and Sora's inseparable ties and how they disappeared so suddenly one day. They even reported to the police but the investigation was stopped after a few months, since there were no leads. The orphanage didn't have any pictures of Yoseob but they did have pictures of Sora." Suho explained.

"How can they not have any pictures of Yoseob?" Minseok asked.

"They said that he hated taking pictures while Sora loved taking pictures. Anyway, we sent a picture to the forensic department and they managed to make out the adult face of Sora. There were a total of 6 matches and I sent some officers to follow them. Well, you know where it leads to." Suho continued.

"Do you know Yoseob's past?" Minseok asked and Suho shook his head. "All we know is that Yoseob's parents died in a car accident and he was sent to the orphanage. He had no relatives. His aunts, uncles, cousins nor grandparents were in his records. Like Sora in a sense." Suho answered.

"We've found something." Sehun entered the office with Baekhyun behind him. Baekhyun closed the door while Sehun handed Suho a box. "What is this?" Suho asked, looking rather confused at the shoe box. It looks old.

"D.O, who was looking through the CCTV realised something when Sora was sitting on the swing or on the playground stairs. She would stare at a specific place and we dug through the soil. We found that." Baekhyun explained.

"Did you wash your hands?" Minseok asked making Baekhyun scoff and Sehun rolling his eyes at Minseok. "Yes, we did." Sehun answered. Suho opened the box and blinked at the contents. It's a bunch of notes.

He realised there's a writing at the back of the cover. It's clearly written by a kid.

'Yoseob and Sora confession letters' It's written in crayons. Each letter written in different colours.

"Well..Reading them would be interesting." Suho commented when he read the words out loud. "Yes it is." Sehun said, sitting beside Minseok while Baekhyun sat on the swivel chair and dragged himself near the coffee table.

Suho poured out the contents. There certainly are a lot of letters.

All of them took one letter each.

"I saw Umma and Appa again. They were trying to walk towards me. They were turning black. There is fire on them." Minseok read one letter out loud.

"That is clearly from Sora. But this is clearly from Yoseob. Listen to this. Sora was beaten again. Why was she beaten? She didn't do anything wrong. Why didn't Sora cry? My heart hurts when I see Sora being so emotionless." Sehun read out the letter he's holding.

"Umma and Appa hit me again. It hurts. But if I cry, Umma and Appa would be angry. Yoseob Oppa, Sora is in pain. Yoseob Oppa, stop Umma and Appa from hitting me again. It hurts." Baekhyun read out the letter he's holding.

"Ajumma hit me again today. I took a cookie from the jar without permission and she used a broom to hit me. It hurts... My back hurts..." Suho read out.

"This is going to be a long day." Baekhyun commented, looking at the mountain of letters on the coffee table. "Well, it's worth it if we manage to find something out of this letters. Damn, kids handwritings are so...horrible. How old was Sora when she was sent to the orphanage?" Minseok asked.

"5. I'm actually quite surprised at how well she wrote her letters. 5 year olds don't know how to write much words." Baekhyun said. "Anyway, let's just continue reading." Sehun said, moving on to another letter.

Sora is in the main office, with 3 severely bruised up guys. And Yoseob, who's actually enjoying the scene in front of him, despite the amount of paperwork that are on his desk.

"It's been 2 weeks Sora." Yoseob said. "I know. The other guys are in the basement. I like to take things slo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter