Chapter 10

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Sora woke up, as usual, feeling refreshed. She stretched and went to wash up before leaving her bedroom.

She saw Minseok cooking breakfast and blinked. "Don't you have work today?" Sora asked, remembering his schedule. He actually starts work at 8 today. Minseok turned to Sora and blinked. "Well... I cancelled and said that I was sick." Minseok said.

"You're feeling unwell?" Sora asked, blinking. "A little." Minseok said. "Then why are you cooking?" She asked.

"Err..." Minseok didn't know how to reply. "Never mind." Sora just smiled and went to get a glass of water. "Are you feeling okay?" Minseok asked carefully. "Me? Yes. Perfectly fine actually." Sora replied and Minseok just blinked in confusion.

Just yesterday she was ranting and pouring her heart out, trashing her room even. And now, she's standing here, looking perfectly normal. "You know...You kind of scare me." Minseok honestly said and Sora just looked confused. "Did I do something?"

"Just yesterday you were angry and now you're all smiley." Minseok said. "Yesterday?" Sora asked, confused. "Don't tell me you forgot what happened yesterday..." Minseok said in disbelief. Sora tried to remember and blinked.

"Ohh... Yes. Angry. Trashing the room and ranting about my past. I remember." Sora said, nodding in satisfaction. "Wow..." Minseok scoffed. The doorbell rang and Sora went to see who it was. She pressed unlock and opened the door when she heard the elevator. "What do you want?" Sora asked Baekhyun whose grinning from ear to ear.

"Just thought I would drop by. You seem like you're in a better mood." Baekhyun said. "Well, it was ruined thanks to you." Sora groaned. "Ouch." Baekhyun put his hand over his chest.

"Anyway, here are the new cases." Baekhyun said and handed Sora a folder. "You can leave now." Sora just smiled. "Nah, I think I'll eat my breakfast here." He said and entered the kitchen. "You know, it's Minseok and my house, why do you make it seem like it's yours? Coming as and when you like." Sora scoffed.

"Well, you didn't pay for it. AND, we're doing a lot of work because of you." Baekhyun answered. "You can always put me back in jail." Sora said. "Not until we finish the job. And I heard about your story just now. You had a rough start in life." Baekhyun commented, eating a piece of toast.

"Right... So?" Sora asked, not getting the point. "We'll give you a chance. If we can catch Yoseob and the other 2 bosses, we'll shorten your jail-time to just 2 years." Baekhyun said. "Who exactly decided on that?" Sora scoffed.

"All of us. Even Suho said it was fine." Baekhyun said. "You know, I don't think you get what 'I would rather take my own life than going against Yoseob' means." Sora said. "So you do remember what you said yesterday." Baekhyun said and Sora rolled her eyes at him.

"Clearly." Sora retorted. "We'll negotiate about that after we get Yoon Doojoon and Yong Junhyung." Baekhyun said. "There's nothing to negotiate about." Sora said. "We can negotiate about Yoseob's sentence." Baekhyun grinned and Sora scoffed.

"You know, that's not going to work on me. Besides, not like you know how all 3 of them look like. The only people who knows would be the assassins and their right-hand men. Besides them, nobody." Sora said. "So, this drawing of Yoseob is wrong?" Baekhyun asked, showing Sora a picture on his phone.

Sora blinked. "That's supposed to be Yoseob oppa?" She asked. The image of Yoseob in her mind and the picture is like North Pole and South Pole. It's at 2 different ends.  "Yes, as told by the person who was killed in front of Minseok here." Baekhyun said. "Well then...I don't exactly know what to comment. But that's not Yoseob oppa." Sora said.

"Well, bummer." Baekhyun sighed. "About Yoon Doojoon and Yong Junhyung, what would happen to their assassins?" Sora asked. "What do you mean what happened? They'll be sentenced for killing." Baekhyun simply replied. "Well, that won't be fair for me would it?" Sora asked.

"Well, you're helping us aren't you? You were sentenced equally but your sentence was lightened because you assisted us. How is that unfair?" Baekhyun asked. "Why does it seem like you want to stay in jail for your whole life?" Minseok asked, putting a plate of eggs on the table. "Nobody wants to be in jail." Sora retorted.

"Then?" Minseok questioned. "If everyone close to me are in jail, what's the point of me roaming around freely then?" Sora asked. "You're close with the other assassins?" Baekhyun asked, surprised. "That's not what I meant. And the only person close to me is Yoseob." Sora said.

"Really?" Baekhyun eyed Sora suspiciously. "You want to doubt me again?" Sora asked, with an eyebrow raised. "No. I believe you." Baekhyun answered, not wanting to see Sora trash her room again. "Besides, I won't have any life outside prison anyway. I don't have any certificates on me so I'm not qualified to do anything." Sora continued.

"You can work for us though." Baekhyun suggested. "No thank you. Working with you now is enough, I don't wish to continue working with the police until I die of old age." Sora said, sounding disgusted by the thought of it. "Working with us isn't all that bad." Baekhyun said, offended at Sora's reaction.

"At least someone is willing to take you in." Minseok commented and Sora scoffed. "I'm touched."

"Well, you can think about that offer. Then come back to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter