Chapter 23

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

Sora woke up and looked around. She sat up, ignoring the pain on her side and arms. "You're awake." She heard a voice and turned, looking beside her. It's Minseok. "Why are you here?" Sora asked.

"Because I want to be." Minseok gave a small smile. Sora just frowned and got off the bed. "Where are you going?" Minseok asked. "Out." Sora said and took off the IV needle from the back of her hand.

"There are police officers outside." Minseok said and Sora stopped her tracks. "Of course there are." Sora replied and open the door.

Sora scoffed at the amount of police officers there are. "You're awake I see." Suho said, walking over to her. "Where are my friends?" Sora asked, looking at Suho warily. "They're already in the interrogation room over at the police station." Suho answered, stopping in front of Sora.

"Are...they still alive?" Sora asked, hesitating. "They? Yes. They most definitely are. I told you they're in the interrogation room. Not the morgue." Suho said.

"I'm not talking about them. Your family members... There are those who were shot..." Sora said, looking straight into Suho's eyes. "Oh... Yes, they're fine. Luckily none were shot at the vital parts of their body." Suho said.

Sora let out a sigh of relief. "Anyway... Thanks." Suho said and Sora smirked. "All of them have tracking devices on them. You know where they are, why didn't you save them straight instead of making such a huge mess?"

"We were trying to stall for more time. No matter how you think, they still have an upper hand." Suho said. "You could've called the SWAT team." Sora frowned. "We did." Suho said and Sora was confused. "But not to your location. There was 2 phone signals found at the abandon warehouse. We sent the SWAT team to the other side of the signal." Suho continued.

"2 phone signals..." Sora blinked, thinking for a while before widening her eyes. "Yes. We found where Yoon Doojoon and Yong Junhyung is. But they left by the time we got there. Baekhyun and D.O were with them." Suho said and Sora let another sigh of relief.

"Which side are you exactly on?" Suho scoffed. Sora grinned and said, "Get me out of here."

Sora got her wish and was sent to the police station straight. Of course. She entered the interrogation room where Dongwoon and Hyunseung is located at. "You're finally up." Hyunseung smirked and Sora gave a peace sign, grinning.

"This is my 2nd time here and it still doesn't give me a good feeling. Besides the kiss you gave me." Dongwoon sighed the first part and gave Sora a wink after he said the 2nd part. Sora just rolled her eyes at him and sat in between the both of them. Pushing them aside.

"You seem like best friends. Even though you're all from opposing sides." Suho came in with Luhan. "Did your family get kidnapped too?" Was Sora's first question to Luhan and he was slightly taken aback but shook his head.

"We're not friends. Well, friends but not friends." Hyunseung said and both Sora and Dongwoon turned to him. "What? It's true." Hyunseung said, looking at both of them. Both Sora and Dongwoon shrugged and gave a face that shows they agree with Hyunseung's statement.

"Then, what are you relationships with each other? Both of you helped Sora escape from us. Sora help him escape from us. All of you managed to save our family members, although not exactly safely, but you get what I mean." Suho said.

"We're just people who have connections with each other. Bounded by a pact that I told you before. Well, just acquaintances. We're not allowed to go after each other's throats so might as well just, you know... socialize." Sora answered.

"So, you guys ARE friends." Luhan concluded. "Which part of friends but not friends do you not understand?" Hyunseung asked with both his eyebrows raised. "All actually. How can you be friends but not friends at the same time?" Luhan asked.

"I also did mention I was frenemies with them. Remember when Minseok's mother was kidnapped? I told you I had a plan and that was to talk to them. BUT you guys thought that it was ridiculous, and by the time I was back, after actually saving his mother, all of you were still discussing." Sora said, her smile slowly turned to a grin. In their faces.

"Why does it sound like you're mocking us?" Luhan asked. "She is." Dongwoon nodded. "Just how much did you tell these people?" Hyunseung scoffed at Sora and Sora didn't answer. "Yah." Hyunseung called out when Sora didn't answer.

Sora just gave an awkward chuckle and said, "Just the part where we were all from the same orphanage. The pact. And well...Your names and your signature method of killing someone."

Hyunseung let out another scoff and Sora just gave a grin. "Sorry." "Stop chit-chatting with each other and answer the questions asked by us." Suho said. "We'll not answer questions about that old hag from the orphanage. The location of our bosses, their plans, what are their motives. Why we're living our lives like this. Why we suddenly decide to just go to the police willingly." Dongwoon replied.

"You're basically telling us not to ask you any questions." Suho blinked. "Exactly." Dongwoon gave a sly smile. "Exactly on whose side are you guys on?" Luhan scoffed. "I'm always on Yoseob's side. I told you, I'm never gonna be on yours. Helping the police just makes me sick to the stomach." Sora said.

"Then why did you even bother freeing our family members?" Suho scoffed. "I did mention this to someone before. My heart and mind are telling me to do 2 different things. It's just which one I follow. Now, I'm following my heart. And it tells me to protect Yoseob, even if he were to turn his back against me." Sora said, looking at Suho.

"As for me, I'm still following my boss. Killing innocent people isn't my thing. But killing police is a totally different thing. I can kill you guys in just a blink of an eye." Dongwoon grinned.

"Same goes for me." Hyunseung simply said.

"I will never understand how their minds work." Suho sighed, shaking his head. "Should we get Kris?" Luhan asked. "Who's Kris?" Dongwoon asked.

"A psychiatrist that I almost killed." Sora answered, leaning her back against the backrest, her arms folded on her chest. "Nice." Dongwoon whistled.

"There's nothing nice about killing. And, what happened to killing innocent people not being your thing? Police are innocent. They catch criminals. And Kris is pretty much innocent too." Suho stated.

Sora scoffed. "Police are innocent? Prosecutors, judge, police officers, they're just a bunch of corrupted government officials. You guys put me in jail and gave me a life-time sentence just because of assumptions remember?" Sora asked, frowning.

"That's because you didn't even open your mouth during your court trial. You don't even have a lawyer to back you up. No, you actually do have a public defender, but you didn't even talk to her. You can't push all the blame to us." Suho argued.

"Just get over it and lock us up. I'm okay with being in the same room as them, but breathing the same air as the police officers turns me off." Hyunseung said. "Tell me about it." Dongwoon agreed.

Suho slammed both his hands on the table and glared at the 3 of them. "Who the hell do you think you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter