Chapter 11

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

It's 3PM and Sora is in the police station, in the office where the monitors are, while Xiumin is in school.

"How in the world did you manage to temporarily off the tracking device?" Chen asked, looking at Sora. Sora who’s looking quite bored at the situation she's in and just had her arms crossed and looked at Chen. Only both of them are in the office since Chen is in charge of the tracking device and well, everything that involves electronics and devices.

"You're going to put another one in me anyway, does it matter whether or not I answer that question?" Sora asked. "Yes, it does. Because I wouldn't want to make the same mistake again. And I'm sure you wouldn't like to be interrogated over and over again." Chen said.

"I'm a dog, on a leash. I'm bounded by every single one of you here so, even if I pick up a knife and point it at Minseok as a joke, you'll suspect that I'm attempting to kill him. That reason you gave isn't valid." Sora said.

"You're in no position to say that type of things you know." Suho entered the room and sat beside Chen. "Neither are you in the position to talk to me. I told you one month one case. You went against it." Sora said, her face shows no expression.

"I'm a chief, a police officer and a detective. I can't ignore what I know and I'm trained to do things fast." Suho reasoned. "And that kind of thing could actually get everyone killed. Of course, you wouldn't care." Sora scoffed.

"Who?" Suho asked. "The gang members. I'm not supposed to give out that kind of information to anyone and when I actually attempted to help you, you didn't follow my instructions. I forgot. A convict isn't supposed to pass down instructions to police officers. What was I thinking?" Sora scoffed.

"You mean the gangsters? The people at the lower rank?" Suho asked. "The ones who don't know anything and just follow orders from the higher up. The people like me, and the bosses think of them as mere insects that can be easily stepped on. You're saying I'm reckless? By now, everyone who’s involved in the 3 brothels and the 2 drug dealings should have been killed."

"How would you know?" Chen asked. "Because I was personally in charge of the killings. And I was done in just 2 hours." Sora said. "Are you sure you killed 15 people?" Suho asked. Sora just looked at Suho. "Who did you meet last night?" Suho then asked when Sora didn't answer.

"I'm only here to get another tracking device in me. Not answer questions." Sora said. "Since you're here, might as well answer the questions asked." Suho said. "You're trying to get on my nerves aren't you?" Sora asked, glaring at Suho.

"No, I'm trying to avoid unnecessary interrogations and suspicions." Suho said. "Be suspicious of me then. Not like you guys never were. I'm not scared of dying and I'm not scared of losing Yoseob." Sora said. "What about fire?" Suho asked and took out a lighter.

He light up the lighter and Sora didn't even flinch. "It's not going to work on me anymore." Sora said, looking at Suho in the eyes.

"You became stronger overtime." Suho complimented. Chen went beside Sora and injected something into her right arm. Her arm started throbbing. "This tracking device would get you shocked and make you fall unconscious if you attempt to do anything to it." Chen said as he took out the needle and used a tissue to stop the bleed.

"So, I assume you're not going to help us anymore?" Suho concluded. Sora ignored Suho's words and left the office without another word. There's nothing more to say to someone who’s ignorant and who only cares about status.

"I'll fetch you home." Baekhyun offered when he saw Sora leaving the police station. "Leave me alone." Sora said and walked pass him. Sora took out a phone. Not the bugged phone. Not the phone that they bought for her, but the phone that she bought on her own accord. She called a number and a familiar voice greeted her.

"Oppa." Sora called out. "Sora.. How is it going?" Yoseob asked. "They actually attempted to break me. I've told them about my past." Sora said. "Really?" Yoseob sounded surprised.

"Minseok somehow got it out of me." Sora let out a soft chuckle, still not believing that she actually blurt out everything about her past. "This is just an innocent question, but are you attached to him? Somehow?" Yoseob asked.

"Who?" Sora asked. "Kim Minseok." "Attached to him? No. I actually don't mind killing him. But you want to know what stopped me?" Sora asked. "What is it?"

"He reminds me so much of you, Oppa. He reads bedtime stories to his sister. Kissing good mornings and good nights. He reminds me so much of our time in the orphanage. With that thought, I can't do it." Sora said, sitting down on the swing at the playground.

"Orphanage..." Yoseob just let out a soft chuckle. "Do you want me to surrender myself? So that you can live a better life?" Yoseob suddenly asked and Sora just chuckled. "Then all my efforts would've gone down to waste. Oppa... Let's die. Leave this horrible life and hopefully we can become real brother and sister in the next life."

Yoseob didn't reply. "Should we?" He asked, after a minute of silence.

Sora just chuckled. "I'm curious to see how Yong Junhyung and Yoon Doojoon fall though." Sora said. "Were you the one that gave the police a little tip off about Yoon Doojoon's illegal drug trades and brothels?" Yoseob asked.

"No. They actually managed to find out the brothels and drug dealings on their own. And they made me confirm it. I just said that it's true." Sora said, half-lying, and Yoseob chuckled. "You know, if you continue helping them, you might just become one of them."

"They actually offered me to join them. They're crazy." Sora said. "After I get arrested and sentence, you should join them. At least you'll live a better life." Yoseob said. "I doubt. The th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter