Chapter 4

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora's in the cafe near Minseok's university, waiting for him to finish his class.

"Here's your chicken sandwich." A waiter said, putting the plate down. It's been nearly 4 hours since she's here, so it's nearing 6. Well, a minute to 6. "Can you help me with something?" Sora asked the waiter, who looked surprised at her.

"Yes?" He asked. "I need to make a call at 6. Can I borrow a phone? I left my phone at home." Sora said and he just smiled and nodded. "Sure." He said and handed her his phone. "Thank you." Sora smiled and took his phone. "I'll return the phone after I make the call." Sora said and the guy just smiled and nodded before getting back to work.

Sora punched in a set of numbers and waited for the time to be 6 before she tapped call.

"Oh my god! Sora! You're really released!" Sora heard Yoseob's voice at the other end.

"Oppa, I have no time to chit chat with you since I'm being closely watched right now. So listen carefully. Don't lay a finger on Kim Minseok. He's currently under protection, through me. Which kind of . They used you and fire to threaten me and you know how it is with me and fire. So I had no choice but to agree. They're also using me to lure you out." Sora said, as softly as possible.

"What?!" Yoseob exclaimed and Sora just let out a sigh.

"I'm cornered, Oppa. Just do as I say okay? We need a form of communication. What about the super market? The guy is one of your men right?" Sora asked. "Yes, he is. He joined a year ago after you're arrested." Yoseob said.

"That guy's timing is great, I swear. Anyway, I'll put a note in one of the shelves, the one with chips. I'll be going to the supermarket every week. Don't keep using the same guy to take the note, we'll get easily suspected that way." Sora said.

"We'll do." Yoseob said. The door to the cafe opened. "I have to go. My favourite officer is here. I'll try and call you again." Sora said and hung up. D.O sat opposite Sora as she deleted the number on the phone.

"Who did you just call?" D.O asked. Sora just smiled, "Who knows? An old friend of mine maybe?" She stood up and walked towards the guy who lent her his phone. "Thank you so much." Sora thanked and the guy shook his head.

"No, it's fine." The guy smiled and Sora bowed to him before going back to her seat.

"Well?" D.O asked, with his arms crossed.

"What makes you think I would answer you? All of us know that you can't put me back in jail before you catch Yoseob. You're going to threaten me with fire? Fire works to a certain extend you know. You can't keep using it against me, who knows? I might be immune to it soon." Sora said and started eating her sandwich.

"We can just track the number that you called." D.O said.

"Then do it. I would like to see you waste your time. Phones are amazing creations. Once you delete something, there's no way to trace it back, aside from messages. And even if you DO find something, it's a little too late don't you think?" Sora asked.

D.O smirked and asked, "Really? I suppose you've already told Yoseob about everything?" Sora just shrugged and continued eating. Not giving any specific answer.

"This is going nowhere." D.O sighed and Sora just chuckled. "It's not suppose to go anywhere."

"Well, I was told that you're scared of me." D.O said and Sora just blinked. "I am. Who wouldn't be?" Sora replied as she continued eating. "Of course. Everyone should be scared of a cop. You seem indifferent when you're scared. Well, except in front of fire."

"Fire.." Sora just nodded, dragging the word. "What are you afraid of then?" Sora asked D.O. "You." D.O just shrugged and said. Sora just let out a small laugh. "Me? And you're saying that I'm indifferent when I'm scared." Sora said, sounding amused.

D.O just shrugged. Sora looked up when the door to the cafe opened. "You're here." D.O said when he saw Minseok. Minseok just gave a small smile. "I'm going out with my friends, do you want to come?" Minseok asked Sora.

"It's fine. I'm going home." Sora said, standing up. "But you've waited for more than 4 hours for me though..." Minseok said, sounding guilty and Sora just smirked.

"I've waited for 3 full days without getting a wink of sleep for my victim. A mere 4 hours isn't a problem." Sora said. "Of course, unless you want to show me off to your friends. Which I highly doubt you'd like to." Sora continued.

Minseok looked taken aback by Sora's response and kept quiet. Sora just smirked and walked past him and out of the cafe.

"Is she angry?" Minseok asked D.O and D.O shook his head. "She's actually far from being angry." "You've actually seen her angry before?" Minseok asked.

"No. I've never seen her angry before." D.O confessed. "Right...So you actually don't know whether or not she's angry." Minseok concluded and D.O shook his head.

"I've never seen her angry before, but the psychiatrist who treated Sora have seen her angry before." D.O said.

"Psychiatrist? Does she have a mental illness?" Minseok asked, looking fearful and D.O just laughed.

"No. Just that when we arrested her, she wasn't in a good condition. She wouldn't eat nor sleep so we had to get her treated. Anyway, you just have to know that she's not angry." D.O concluded before leaving the cafe. Leaving Minseok confused.

--------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter