Chapter 13

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

It's the 7th day and Sora was still wide awake. She hasn't even eaten anything, even though she was offered to eat, she declined.

"I swear, she's not human." Sehun said, looking at Sora who’s walking around the interrogation room. "No, she's tired." Kris said, drinking a cup of coffee. "How would you know?" Sehun asked.

"She's afraid that she might fall asleep so she's walking around to keep herself awake." Kris reasoned. "She shouldn't even have the energy to do that. She hasn't eaten or drank anything." Sehun scoffed. "Yes. She's pretty tough, I must admit." Kris concluded.

Sora stopped and leaned against the wall. "I'm here." Minseok opened the door to the monitor room and said. "Oh, hello." Kris greeted and Minseok just give him a smile. "She's still awake. And it's been a week. She hasn't eaten nor drank anything ever since she stepped foot into the interrogation room." Sehun updated Minseok.

"Haven't eaten nor drank anything? How is that even possible?" Minseok asked, sounding in disbelief. "She's not called an assassin for nothing." Suho then entered. "So, what do you propose we do now?" Sehun asked. "Just keep an eye over her. She's bound to collapse sooner or later."  Suho said.

"You're trying to kill her?" Minseok asked, obviously not happy at the situation they're putting Sora in. "She let a suspect escape and didn't want to tell us anything. They even kissed you know." Suho said. "Kissed?" Minseok scoffed. "Yeah, on the lips." Sehun said and Minseok's jaw just dropped.

"He might be her real boyfriend." Suho shrugged. "You want to try getting some answers from her?" Suho asked Minseok. "I offered to help but you guys rejected the offer and now you're asking me to try?" Minseok just scoffed. "It's worth a shot." Kris said. "Fine." Minseok said. "You know what to ask right?" Suho asked and Minseok nodded before leaving the monitor room and enter the interrogation room.

Sora just looked at Minseok as he sat down on the chair. She's still leaning against the wall. "Long time no see." Minseok said, smiling. "What do you want?" Sora asked, not leaving her eyes off Minseok. "Talk to you. You know, you could've just gave them answers. True or false, they wouldn't know either way." Minseok said.

"I don't exactly want to waste my breath on ignorant people." Sora said. "Tell me then. Who is he? I heard that you kissed him. You're cheating on me you know." Minseok said, folding his arms, looking genuinely upset. "We're not exactly in a real relationship. And I don't have to tell you who's he." Sora said.

"I know you don't have to." Minseok just gave her a smile and said. Sora just let out a deep breath and sat down opposite Minseok. "Are you hungry? I'll ask someone to get you food." Minseok asked and Sora just looked at him. "What?" He blinked at the look that Sora is giving him.

"I'm trying to figure whether you're genuinely concern for me or you're just one of the police." Sora shrugged and leaned against the backrest. "Well, I'm genuinely concern for you whether you believe it or not. You really don't seem like a bad person you know. Saving a kid you don't know... You actually earned my respect." Minseok said, stating an example.

"Respect? I don't exactly need one. I could've just killed you myself but that wouldn't benefit anyone." Sora stated. "What was the compensation?" Minseok suddenly asked and Sora raised an eyebrow at him.

"You wouldn't just release someone you don't know right? Well, hearing how you kissed him, you should know him well. But I remembered you receiving a call. And that phone is used to contact Yoseob with. And from what I know, you could've just killed him if he's one of Yoseob's men. But you didn't, so, it's not his men." Minseok said and Sora just stared at him. She have to admit, she's pretty impressed.

"How would you know whether or not he's his men? Killing him here would just add my jail sentence." Sora said. "But that shouldn't be a problem. You said that you'd rather live in jail than have freedom outside." Minseok said and Sora blinked.

"Am I wrong?" Minseok asked carefully. Sora just smiled and shook her head. "You're right." She said. "For which? The first one or the second?" Minseok asked, giving a small smile. Sora just let out a soft chuckle and asked, "You have your ways around my head don't you?"

"I didn't do anything besides stating my opinion." Minseok blinked. "Tell me. Do you sing to your sister?" Sora asked. "Sing to my late sister? Why?" He asked, confused. It doesn't have anything to do with anything.

"Because Yoseob Oppa sings to me all the time. So, if you do. I want you to sing to me at home as a lullaby." Sora said. "How is it that you're not the least embarrassed at that favor?" Minseok chuckled.

"I don't have a reason to. You're supposedly my boyfriend." Sora reasoned.

"But I doubt you can be out of here though. I've gathered nothing." Minseok sighed. "No. I'll be out of here. I just have to let Kris hypnotize me. It's been a week here and they expect me to do nothing?"

"What do you mean?" Minseok asked, obviously confused. "I've been thinking about my past." Sora said. "Past? Is there more than what you said to me?" Minseok asked. "My life is extremely interesting Minseok. Oppa." Sora smirked and Minseok visibly tensed.

"Is Kris outside?" Sora asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter