Chapter 30

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30

Gunshots were heard everywhere. Sora widened her eyes at the sight. Doojoon collapsed right in front of her. Yoseob put down his gun. Tears filled his eyes before he collapsed. “That was a close one.” Baekhyun let out a sigh of relieve. Baekhyun walked over to your side. “You shot Yoseob Oppa.” She said, softly. “He was about to shoot you.”

“No, he saved me.” She said, looking at Doojoon’s limp body on the ground. His back have 3 gunshot wounds. “What?” Baekhyun seemed a little confused until he looked on the ground. “How the hell… I didn’t even see him there!” He exclaimed and soon she heard footsteps running towards them. She let out a scoff in disbelief. She didn’t know what to feel about this situation that she’s in. “Don’t move!” Suho exclaimed from behind her and she looked up to see Junhyung’s back facing them.

The men that attacked the 3 assassins moments ago were being handcuffed and taken. Sora took the gun that’s lying on the ground. The one that belonged to Doojoon. “What are you doing? Put the gun down, Sora…” Baekhyun said gently. Sora ignored Baekhyun and walked towards Yoseob’s body. He was trying hard to breathe. Sora kneeled down beside him, putting the gun beside her.

“Oppa…” Sora called out softly and Yoseob struggled to open his eyes. He let out a painful and dry chuckle. “Sorry, for threatening you.” He said, looking into Sora’s eyes. He lifted his head up and rested his head on Sora’s thighs. “This feels comfortable.” He said and let out a sigh of content. Sora rested her hand on his forehead. “You’re going to be okay.” Sora whispered. She was well aware that he was shot at his lung. Sora is putting direct pressure on his wound to stop the bleeding.

But that doesn’t stop him from having a hard time to breathing. “Hands off.” Sora said coldly when Minseok put his hand on her right shoulder. “Calm down. He’s going to be fine.” Minseok said calmly. “Yeah, calm down.” Yoseob whispered, gasping for air. Sora looked at Yoseob and he gave her a warm smile. Sora’s eyes became to water as Yoseob slowly lost consciousness. 

She slowly put his head down on the floor, her hands filled with Yoseob’s blood from trying to stop the bleeding. She grabbed the gun beside her and stood up. “Put the gun down.” Suho said. He had Junhyung handcuffed so he was near her. “Lure them out. I guess my job here is over. Isn’t it?” Sora said, not looking at anyone specifically.

“What are you talking about?” Minseok asked softly, trying not to trigger anything from Sora. “That IS why I’m out of jail right now isn’t it? You got all 3 bosses and the assassins as well. My job here is done.” Sora said, her voice void of any emotions.

“Give me the gun first Sora. Then we talk.” D.O. appeared from behind Minseok and open his right palm in front of Sora. Sora looked down at his hand and smirked. She pointed the gun to her own head. Everyone widened their eyes, even Dongwoon and Hyunseung. "Sora..." Minseok called out carefully and Sora just closed her eyes. 

3 years later

"You've got to be kidding me." Dongwoon slumped his body against the sofa he's sitting on. He let out a deep breath, massaging his temple to ease the incoming headache. "Not at all." Suho smirked, after putting a stack of folders on the coffee table for Dongwoon. 

"We just came back from a mission. Give us a break! Good gracious!" Dongwoon groaned, looking tiredly at Suho. "I never said you all should do it now. You can do it tomorrow after having enough rest." Suho simply shrugged and Dongwoon sighed. "Sora is going to be pissed." Dongwoon said and Suho just chuckled. "I know." 

Dongwoon took the folders that was on the coffee and looked through the profile of the people his team is supposed to catch. "How's she coping by the way?" Suho suddenly asked as he was looking through the file. 

"It's the 3rd death anniversary. She’s coping relatively well.” Dongwoon simply said, putting down the folder on his lap.

-

Sora is in the taxi, going to graveyard. Her lap lies a bouquet of white roses. “Thank you.” She said and handed the driver the money before alighting the taxi. She walked to where his tombstone is and kneeled on the grass, placing the bouquet of white roses in front of the tombstone.

“Oppa. I’m here again.” She smiled, caressing the tombstone.

-Flashback-

She pointed the gun to her own head. Everyone widened their eyes, even Dongwoon and Hyunseung. "Sora..." Minseok called out carefully and Sora just closed her eyes. She was about to pull the trigger but even before she could fully press the trigger, she heard a gunshot.

She widened her eyes when she saw a body drop in front of her. “D-d-dongho…” she muttered out. She looked up to see who shot Dongho and glared at him. Before she could even point the gun at the guy, someone already shot him. He’s one of the attackers. Doojoon’s men.

She turned her attention back to Dongho and crawled to him. “Dongho-ah…” Sora tried to shake him awake. He opened his eyes slowly and looked up at Sora. “Dongho-ah…” She muttered under her breath and she saw where he was shot at. He let out a small smile, and brought his hand up to Sora’s cheek. Caressing it.

“Live the life that you want Sora. Be happy for once in your life…” Dongho struggled to get the words out but he tried his best to stay conscious as long as possible. But his effort was proven to be in vain since after he said those words, his whole body went limp.

“Dongho… Wake up. Oppa…. I called you oppa now. So, wake up. Dongho Oppa… Please wake up.” Sora desperately shake him but she knew. She knew he was gone for good. He was shot right at his heart. Paramedics approached her, and that’s when she noticed that Yoseob’s body was on a stretcher. He’s being pushed into the ambulance.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter