Chapter 15

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

"Just how bad is this world we're living in?" Minseok is in the office, where D.O and Luhan is. It's their shift. It's been 2 days. Minseok and Sora were being awkward around each other. Well...It's awkward on Minseok side. Sora barely talks to Minseok anyway. It's always Minseok who initiates a conversation.

But after the day at the restaurant, Sora was acting normal while Minseok was just extremely awkward. Everything he does is awkward. Stealing glances at Sora while they're eating. Hiding from Sora. Scratching his head, not knowing what to say to Sora. Whatever he does is just awkward.

"You still haven't tell us what she said." D.O said.  Minseok came to the police station voluntarily, and since he's here, D.O took the chance to just ask him.

"Nothing much. She just said that it's not the time for me to know about the dark side of this world yet. Somewhere along those lines." Minseok said, leaning against the backrest. "Only? Are you sure?" D.O asked, suspicious.

"More or less. She didn't mention about her past. Not even once. She actually planned to answer all of my questions but after..." Minseok stopped when he realised what he was about to say.

"After?" Luhan asked, his eyebrows raised.

Minseok just let out an awkward chuckle. "We all know that you like her." Luhan said, knowing what the chuckle means. "What?" Minseok asked, obviously stunned.

"You just don't go around, drunk, shouting for an answer from a girl." D.O said. Minseok was speechless. "And the look on your face when Sora was here for detainment. It looked like you were lonely. You could've gone to your mother's home though. But you didn't." Luhan added.

"She's still a criminal you know. Bounded by the laws. If she still doesn't want to corporate with us and lure Yoseob out, she might even get a death penalty." D.O reminded.

"Why death penalty?" Minseok asked, shocked.

"She did confessed that she killed and tortured quite a number of people. If she doesn't want to corporate with us, we'll have to threaten her with it, but I doubt that she'd move though. She's willing to die for Yoseob." D.O said.

"She said that Yoseob isn't going after me anymore." Minseok blurted.

"We've already figured that out. The people who are after you currently are not from Yoseob's gang but from Doojoon's and Junhyung's gang." Suho came in and said.

"I don't understand. If all of you already knew, why do you still want her to protect me? All of you are well aware that Sora isn't going to lure Yoseob out." Minseok said, sitting up straight.

"Because we're not only using her, but we're also using you to lure Doojoon and Junhyung out as well. Their men are watching the both of you closely. We've caught a few men on CCTV and they admitted that they were asked to watch the both of you." Suho explained.

"Anyway, you asked how bad the world we're living in is right?" Suho asked and Minseok blinked. "I overheard your conversation when I was pouring myself a cup of coffee." Suho added when he saw Minseok's expression.

"Well, we don't exactly know since we don't live in that side of the world. But I've personally seen broken people. We've encountered many different people who fell into that side though. Sora for example. But I personally don't know if she's broken or not. Either she really do enjoy killing people, or she did it because it's just her job to." Suho stated, answering Minseok's question.

"She's broken alright." Baekhyun entered the room next. "Nice to see you too Baekhyun." Suho smiled and Baekhyun just greeted his chief.

"What do you mean?" Minseok asked. "The terrible moodswings she has is one example." Baekhyun answered. "Her mood is pretty constant to me though. Well, besides the times where her anger took off." Minseok said.

"She just hates you." Suho added, looking at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just scoffed. "Well, we're the ones who arrested her." D.O said.

"What is she doing anyway?" Suho asked, walking towards the monitor.

Sora is just lying on the sofa, with her eyes closed. Her hands are interlocked and rests on her stomach. "Resting? Thinking?" Luhan guessed.

"You came here straight after school?" Luhan asked Minseok, who's looking dazed.

"Yeah. I can't get Sora's words out of my head. The dark side of the world... Just how bad is her past?" Minseok asked.

"We only know that her parents were burnt alive in front of her, and abused. That's basically all." D.O said. "I know that much too." Minseok rolled his eyes at D.O's answer. "Tell us when you know the answer." Suho said.

"Why?" Minseok blinked. "So that we can use it against her. Plus, I'm curious." Suho answered and Minseok scoffed.

Sora slowly opened her eyes and sat up. She stood up and walked towards the camera, looking at it. "What is she doing?" Luhan asked, looking at the monitor.

Sora is just staring at the camera. She started showing 3 fingers. She folded one by one slowly, her smile slowly widening.

When it came down to 0. There was a sudden explosion, as the whole police station shook. "I'll go check." Baekhyun hurriedly went out while Minseok was frozen in place.

Sora just gave a grin and waved before going to her room.

"There are 5 officers injured. Seriously injured." Baekhyun said, coming back into the office. Letting the smoke in as well. He closed the door and put down his hand that was covering his nose and mouth.

"Sora knew about this. Let's go." Suho said and left the office, with Baekhyun and Minseok behind him.

"PARK SORA!" Suho exclaimed once he stepped into the apartment. "Did you like the present?" Sora came out from the kitchen, holding a cup of water in her hand.

"You knew abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter