Chapter 21

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

"Park Sora." Sora heard her name being called and opened her eyes. The sun seems like it's rising, since the sky became brighter and some light managed to enter the cell Sora is in through the small window.

"Kim Minseok." Sora greeted back, sitting up.

"Baekhyun seems like he's really going crazy." Minseok said, sitting on the bed, in front of Sora. "I don't exactly care about how he feels." Sora said, folding her legs.

"Yoseob isn't the one behind Baekhyun's family's kidnapping is he?" Minseok asked and Sora gave a lop-sided smile. "It doesn't matter who's behind which family. Because in the end, they'll end up having the same fate." Sora said.

"Even my mother is in danger?" Minseok asked and Sora nodded. "You're certainly one of their targets." Sora said.

"Well...This isn't going anywhere we want it to go is it?" Minseok asked, sounding distraughted. "No." Sora answered, giving a flat answer.

"Is it going where you want to go?" Minseok asked. "Yes, it's going accordingly to plan." Sora answered. "I'm not talking about the gang. I'm asking for your opinion." Minseok said, looking at Sora straight in the eyes.

"My opinion? Are you asking whether I like how this is going?" Sora blinked and Minseok nodded. "Oh... I'm not particularly in favour of innocent people getting involved. So, not really." Sora said.

"Then why won't you help us?" "They sent you in to convince me to help you guys? Seriously." Sora scoffed after that question. "No, I came in at my own will. I'm still trying to figure you out. And you actually wanted to help in the first place." Minseok said.

"I did but I changed my mind. I don't like getting tracked everywhere I go and neither do I like the attitude the officers are giving me. I get mistreated everytime I want to help." Sora smirked at the last part, thinking about the attitude she received from Chen, Baekhyun, Suho and D.O.

"You do understand why, don't you?" Minseok asked. "Because I'm a criminal? Because I killed people who sells children? Because I kill my own people? Which one? Because I'm a girl? Because my brother is Yoseob?" Sora asked, looking at Minseok.

Minseok was quiet. He didn't the answer to that and he clearly knows that Sora isn't in a very good mood.

"You don't understand me, and neither do your friends. Don't assume things just by the notes you saw. Those notes you saw don't hold any feelings. Why not try asking about how I feel for once? 'Can you help us?' instead of 'you’re going to help us whether you like it or not.' Don't expect me to help you just because you reduce my sentence." Sora said, frowning.

"Fine then, can you help us? Help me?" Sora heard Baekhyun's voice outside the cell and looked up. The gate opened and Baekhyun seemed calmer than before.

"Why should I?" Sora asked. "You just said that you're not in favour of innocent people getting involved." Baekhyun said, sounding desperate. "My family members are innocent. So are Chen's. They're kidnapped too and we were given 5 more hours. You're really going to just sit here and do nothing?" He continued.

"Chen?" Sora asked, confused. "Yes! 2 hours ago. So we're only left with 3 hours." Baekhyun said.

Sora was as confused as ever. It wasn't part of the plan.

"Chen.... Okay..." Sora dragged, looking at Baekhyun, who seems rather flustered. "What's with that reaction!?" "I don't know what's going on…" Sora honestly answered. "What do you mean?!" Baekhyun exclaimed making Sora closed her eyes and let out a deep breath.

"As it is." Sora said, opening her eyes after calming herself down before she beat the hell out of Baekhyun for always shouting. "If you don't, then who does?" Minseok asked, frowning. "I'm sorry, but I really have to go. Without a tracker or whatsoever on me. I'll tell you once I figure things out." Sora said, getting off her bed.

"How can we trust you?" Baekhyun asked. "It's your choice to make. Because IT IS your family that's dying, not mine." Sora said, looking at Baekhyun. "You're not going anywhere unless I put a tracker on you." Suho appeared and Sora looked at Suho.

"Kay." Sora shrugged and sat back down on the bed. "I've lost my trust in you after the bombing incident." Suho said and Sora rolled her eyes at him. "Not like you have any in the first place. Them coming after your families is mostly your fault you know. I told you to hold it off and finish one case per month but no, you decided to rush things." Sora said, looking at Suho.

"Don't blame this on me. I'm just doing my job." Suho glared at Sora. "Of course you are. Your job to keep the citizens safe is more important than keeping your own family safe. I've understood that perfectly just now." Sora smirked.

"You should let her go. I trust her." Minseok said, standing up, looking at Suho. "Then you go with her then." Suho said. "What?" Minseok widened his eyes in shock at the suggestion. "We obviously can't go with her, so you watch her. Call us if she does anything suspicious."

"Whatever." Sora simply said and went out of the gate, which isn't locked.

Sora is in the car, driving the car the police gave her. She's very sure that it's bugged but she didn't actually care since the place she's going to doesn't have anything to do with the gangs. Well...Sort of...

"So...Where are we going?" Minseok asked, trying to start a conversation. "The police is trying to kill you." Sora said, not answering the question. "What?" Minseok asked, stunned.

"It was a joke. But suggesting you to follow me is like asking you to walk into a lion's den with a lion cub that belongs to the pride. Who does that unless they have a death wish?" Sora asked, her eyes still on the road.

"Well...You refused to have a tracking device on you... And they can't go with you since they are police officers and you won't allow them to. I'm the best choice there is." Minseok replied.

"Not on me, in me." Sora said. "Don't you go to school?" Sora asked. "I actually have classes later but seeing how the situation is, I'm skipping." Minseok said.

"Aren't you supposed to be angry with me or something? Why do you seem so calm?" Sora asked after a while of silence.

"I am angry." Minseok sighed and Sora didn't answer. "I'm not doing anything because the police officers are actually doing everything I want to do, and if I do it to you as well, it'll just make you even angrier." Minseok continued.

The rest of the ride was quiet.

Sora pulled over outside an abandoned warehouse. Well, it seemed abandoned.

"Do you want to follow, or do you want to stay here? Because either way, it'll still somehow put you in danger." Sora asked. "Then why ask?" Minseok asked. "To see which one you would rather prefer. Seeing how you answer, following it is." Sora said and get out of the car.

"Sora?" Sora heard a familiar voice called out and turned after locking the car.

"What is he doing here?" Hyunseung asked and walked towards her, coming from the warehouse, with Dongwoon walking beside him. "They're here..." Minseok muttered loud enough for Sora to hear. He sounded quite afraid.

"I was caught by the police again." Sora groaned. "And you even dare to come here? With a company?" Dongwoon asked, loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter