Chapter 22

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

Sora was awake while the others were asleep. It's already 2AM. The only families left would be Minseok, Lay and Luhan but the latter two's family are in China, so she can't be sure whether or not they're caught.

She found out why the plan was brought forward since Hyunseung and Dongwoon told her while they were eating lunch in a private room. Sora sighed, looking at the hostages on the floor, sleeping. They were beaten by some of the assassins, of course, except Hyunseung and Dongwoon. They didn't even touch them.

Kwanghee was resting on the sofa, he reduced the swlling on his face by placing ice on it. He didn't even dare to make eye contact with Sora anymore.

She took out the first aid box and sat beside Kyungsoo's brother, since he was nearest to her. She poured some alcohol on the tissue and dab it on the dried blood on his legs, shocking him awake.

He sat up and pulled his legs together, looking at Sora. Sora looked at him and pulled his leg towards her again, cleaning the blood again. "What are you doing?" He whispered. Sora didn't say anything and continued with what she's doing. Kyungsoo's brother didn't bother struggling since Sora didn't seem like she's going to hurt him.

Sora poured alcohol in some tissue again and went up to his face, cleaning the blood on his cheeks and forehead after cleaning his arms. Sora saw him gulp his saliva and gave him a small smile. "I'm done." She whispered and moved away from him.

"Sorry for waking you up. You can go back to sleep now." Sora whispered. "Aren't you supposed to be one of them?" He asked and Sora nodded. "I am." She smiled and went to the person beside him, which is Kyungsoo's mother.

She did the same for everyone, waking them in the process. Some struggled but Sora managed to keep them quiet.

It took her a whole 2 hours to finish cleaning the blood off everyone. She didn't put a bandage or anything since there wasn't enough for everyone. Plus, she's certain that it's no use since the wound is already dried up.

Sora put back the first aid box. "I'm just cleaning the blood off, not treating them." She said when she heard footsteps walking towards her. "Sure you are." Hyunseung let out a soft scoff. Sora smiled and turned around.

"Let's go out." Hyunseung suggested and Sora nodded. Sora followed Hyunseung and she closed the door to the warehouse. "You're planning to side with the police aren't you?" Hyunseung asked when it's far enough from the warehouse. Both of them sat down on the ground.

"Not even close." Sora chuckled. "If you do, tell me." Hyunseung said. "And Dongwoon." He added. "Why? You want to help the police?" Sora joked, and lie down on the cold ground, looking up the skies.

"Doojoon and Junhyung... They're getting more and more unreasonable. We were asked to kill innocent people just because they saw drug transactions. Their brothels and drug trafficking business are getting bigger." Hyunseung sighed.

"That's our job isn't it? Killing people who witness things that they shouldn't." Sora commented. "It is. But that doesn't mean we have to kill their family members too." Hyunseung said. Sora just chuckled. "Like what they're doing now? I didn't know you have a soft spot for innocent people." Sora said, turning her head to Hyunseung, who's lying down beside her.

"I don't. But killing kids is a little too much, don't you think so?" Hyunseung asked.

"You killed kids?" Sora blinked and Hyunseung just let out a small smile, not looking at her. "Minseok's sister....You know who killed her don't you?" Sora asked when he didn't answer, looking at Hyunseung.

"It's not any assassin. It was a gang member. He made a misfire and accidentally killed her. We didn't know who she was and just let her be, until we realized Yoseob was after this Kim Minseok guy, and made a background check on him. His father died when he was young because of an illness and he had a sister." Hyunseung said.

"So it was your gang?" Sora asked and Hyunseung just gave a short nod.

"Well...At least that's one line off Yoseob's sentence." Sora gave a short chuckle, looking back up at the sky. "Both of you hang out without me?" Dongwoon asked, walking towards them after closing the warehouse door.

"Didn't want to wake you up." Hyunseung reasoned and Dongwoon scoffed.

"Anyway, I don't think helping the police would be such a good idea. Yes, they're doing good things, but they don't listen. They're stubborn and would do anything to get their way. It's annoying." Sora said, her face changing when she talked about the police.

"You told her?" Dongwoon asked Hyunseung as he lay down beside Sora.

"Yeah." "What happen to being loyal to our bosses?" Sora chuckled. "Well, we're not exactly betraying them." Dongwoon said. "Well, people change." Hyunseung commented making all of them let out a soft laughter.

"Life's great." Sora breathe out. "Our life is. Having an ordinary life seems boring." Dongwoon said and the other 2 agreed. "How is it? Going back in and out of jail?" Hyunseung asked making Sora cringe.

"Don't even ask." Sora groaned. Hyunseung's and Dongwoon's phones suddenly started ringing making both of them sit up while Sora just looked at them. How can their phones ring simultaneously?

"Yes. Why? I don't see a reason to kill them now. You've got all their family members, how do you intend to stop them from stopping when you kill them now?" Hyunseung's on the phone with Doojoon, his boss.

"Did all the bosses agree to this or did you solely decide on this? Yoseob disagreed, so why did you want to proc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter