Chapter 7

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Sora is pacing back and forth thinking of something. "You still haven't told us about this pact you know." Baekhyun reminded her. It's been 4 hours and Sora is still pissed. Not only pissed, she's scared. Minseok and Kai is still in the office. "We've caught 2 more guys." Suho suddenly barged in and said.

Sora looked at Suho. "What guys?" Chen asked. "We found 2 more guys who were near the alley. They were actually hiding but one of the paramedic saw and reported to us." Suho said. "How long ago was that?" Chen asked. "3 hours. They're in the middle of interrogation and we had a hard time chasing after them." Suho answered.

"And you didn't bother giving us a tip off?" D.O asked. "Like I said, they're in the middle of interrogation. And I'm the one interrogating. I only have one body you know." Suho said. Well, that blew Sora off and caused her to grab Suho's collar. "You know full well about the pact and you didn't even bother telling me about that 2 guys being caught?" Sora hissed.

"Woah. I told you. I was in the middle on interrogation." Suho said, understanding why Sora's angry. "I really feel like killing you now." Sora whispered, glaring at Suho. "A punch would be fine." Suho said and Sora did just that. "Yah!" Baekhyun exclaimed. All of them were standing up by now.

"Has the temperature gone down?" Suho asked, grabbing his jaw in pain. "Not the slightest bit." Sora glared at Suho and left the office.

"Well...That girl can punch." Suho commented. "The pact?" D.O questioned. "Oh, she haven't told you?" Suho asked, standing up. "No." D.O answered.

"It's a pact between 3 gangs. The assassins aren't allowed to touch each other's men, if they do, a fight will break lose between the gangs. In short, it'll be a blood bath and there'll be a lot of dead people." Suho said.

"No wonder she was restless." Baekhyun said. "And angry." Suho added. "I'm going to put some ice." Suho said and went out of the office. But before he could even get out, a police officer came in. "Park Sora is beating one of the men in the interrogation room." He said and Suho widened his eyes.

All of them rushed to the interrogation room. "Stop it!" Baekhyun hold Sora back and the guy was barely conscious. "Get a doctor. Damn." Suho said, looking at the guys bruised and swollen face. "Let me go." Sora freed herself from Baekhyun's grip.

Sora let out a deep breath and said, "I'm going home."

"I'll take you guys home." Baekhyun volunteered. "Whatever." Sora replied and left the interrogation room.

"Are you still angry?" Baekhyun asked Sora. Minseok and Kai are also in the car. Sora didn't reply and just closed her eyes, her arms folded. "Well, you should at least relieve some of that anger. Suho didn't mean to keep you in the dark you know." Baekhyun said.

"I'm not only angry about that." Sora said, her eyes still closed. "Then?" Baekhyun asked, sounding surprised. "Your miscommunications. Minseok just blindly saying out my name. Telling someone about the pact. Helping the police without a choice. Being helpless. Not being able to protect Yoseob. I can't even protect Minseok." Sora listed.

"Feeling vulnerable." Sora said lastly after a few seconds of silence and opened her eyes.

"It's not bad to feel weak you know. It just means that you're human." Baekhyun said, actually trying to lift Sora's mood up. "Weak. I became weak after a year in jail." Sora said and looked out the window.

"Like I said, it just means that you're human." Baekhyun repeated. "And helping the police isn't all that bad you know." He continued. "I hate the police." Sora suddenly stated. "Of course you do." Baekhyun said, sounding like it's obvious.

"See you soon." Baekhyun bid Kai goodbye. He just bowed and closed the door before driving to our apartment. "Both of you should get plenty of sleep. Especially you, Sora. You've suffered a lot today." Baekhyun said. "Shut up." Sora said, closing her eyes.

"Let's not wake her up. Can you carry her up to the apartment?" Baekhyun asked after pulling over near the apartment building. "Of course." Minseok said and carried her bridal style. He entered the apartment and put Sora on her bed before going back to his own room.

Sora woke up feeling refreshed and went to wash up.

She went out of her room and went to the kitchen to see Minseok already preparing breakfast. And Baekhyun sitting near the dining table. "Morning. How are you feeling?" Baekhyun smiled when he saw Sora.

"My morning got ruined thanks to you." Sora said and went to get a glass of water for herself. "Well, seeing that your sense of humor is back, you're fine." Baekhyun said. "What do you mean?" Sora asked before drinking her water.

"What happened last night." Baekhyun said and Sora blinked. "Last night? Oh! What happened to the guy? I beat him up quite badly." Sora said and Baekhyun scoffed while Minseok just looked at Sora like she just grew another head.

"What?" Sora asked, confused at the looks that she was getting. "Your ability to be completely normal after the amount of stress you were in is really amazing." Baekhyun said. "In case you forgot. I've killed people." Sora reminded and finished drinking her water.

"How could I forget? You just did yesterday." Baekhyun said and it took Sora awhile to remember. "You forgot about last night already?" Baekhyun scoffed and Sora blinked. "I killed 3 right?" She asked, unsure. "Wow..." Minseok said in awe.

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter