Chapter 24

Assassin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

"Well then, we're going to share a room together now, aren't we?" Dongwoon grinning, putting his arms over Hyunseung, who just rolled his eyes. "Suho said he'll send us the money to buy your clothes. So, we'll go shopping tomorrow." Minseok said.

"You have a chinese name right? Xiumin?" Dongwoon asked and Minseok looked rather taken aback by the sudden question. "Yes, Xiumin." He replied, flustered. "I'll call you Xiumin then. It sounds nicer. Or would you prefer to be called Minseok?" Dongwoon asked.

"It's up to you. I'm fine with both." Minseok replied and Dongwoon nodded, smiling. "This is my mother." Minseok introduced and his mother just bowed to them, the 3 of them bowing in return.

"Nice to see you again Sora." She smiled and Sora grinned, giving a peace sign. "He's the one who helped me save you." Sora said, interlocking her arms with Dongwoon. "Oh, he is? I'm really grateful." Minseok's mother bowed again. "Oh, it's fine." Dongwoon said, bowing back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Minseok asked, looking at Sora. "It was irrelevant for you. Anyway, is my room still the same?" Sora asked and Minseok nodded. "Don't you have school to attend? Last time I checked, you're a university student." Hyunseung asked.

"I do. But I'm thinking of dropping out now and pursue a detective career, like Suho." Minseok said. "And your mother agreed?" Hyunseung asked with an eyebrow raised. "Since he's interested in that field now, I can't stop him now can I? He's 25, he's fully in control of his career. And he'll have a scholarship. Suho gave him one, in the police academy." Minseok's mother said.

"Strange family. Strange family indeed. Even after getting involve with Sora, you're willing to dedicate your life in that field? Even after your sister was killed?" Hyunseung asked, his face remained expressionless, but Dongwoon and Sora could tell he's amused.

"Let's not talk about my sister." Minseok gave a fake smile. "Let's just wash up and go back to work, okay? We need to discuss things. Suho said he sent me a whole list of case files through an e-mail and asked me to look at it. And Minseok. Oppa." Sora said, smiling at how she just called him. She finds it rather funny, that's why she keeps calling him like that.

"What is it?" Minseok asked. "I just called you for fun." Sora grinned and went straight to her room.

"How can you be so sure she won't run away again?" Chen asked, looking at the monitor. The CCTVs are still intact all around the house. They'll have to take turns to monitor their activities again, but since there are 2 more, Chen decided to set up another set of computer, since they might separate.

"It's been years since I've taken this job, and one thing I know for sure is that, when someone like Sora gives their words, they will never go back on their words." Suho said, looking at the windows. Looking at their movements.

"Right...So, we'll have to stay up all night again?" Sehun asked and Suho nodded. "Of course." "Well, this is going to be fun." Sehun groaned, leaning against the chair, his arms folded.

"Would you rather run around chasing someone, or would you sit here and keep an eye on someone?" Suho asked, not looking at Sehun. "The latter. But sitting here makes your numb." Sehun said.

"That's why I assigned 2 people at a time. Baekhyun and D.O will continue with field work, so there's you, Luhan, Lay and Chen to rotate. Each person will keep watch for 6 hours. I'll leave it up to you guys on how you're going to arrange it. I'll leave Baekhyun and D.O on standby though, just in case. So you can call them if you need any help, or you suspect anything. I need to settle some things in my office, bye." Suho said and just left the office.

"What a way to say goodbye." Sehun scoffed and Chen chuckled. Chen stood up and continued with setting up another set of computer. "You could just use a laptop." Sehun suggested.

"Yes, but laptop has a shorter lifespan. If I leave it on for days, I'll have to keep rebooting it and it'll cost a lot of time." Chen said and Sehun hummed, understandingly.

It's been 2 weeks since the 3 of them live in the apartment and nothing out of ordinary happened. D.O and Baekhyun visited MOST of the time. Out of 7 days a week, they visited like 6 times. Sometimes together, sometimes alone.

"Why are we helping them again?" Dongwoon asked as he was looking at the documents that Sora printed, while Hyunseung was napping on the sofa.

"Because it's the only way to get us out of that place. And I gave them my word. Rule number 2 of an assassin. Never go back on your words. Besides, it's about other gangs. Not like we're helping them catch our leaders." Sora answered, typing on the computer.

"If this continues, it'll lead to Doojoon, Junhyung and Yoseob. All the gangs are linked to one another, so, there's a chance that we're actually helping them to catch Junhyung, Doojoon and Yoseob." Hyunseung said.

"I thought you're asleep." Dongwoon said. "I am half-asleep." Hyunseung answered, turning to face the backrest of the sofa. Dongwoon just scoff and Sora chuckled.

"I know what you mean, but I won't let it happen. Well, at least I won't help them catch the 3 of them. They'll have to do it on their own." Sora said, her eyes not leaving the computer. "So, you're going to hint them? Not like you know where they are..." Dongwoon asked.

"Not going to. Besides, we're not totally helping them. We're just giving them bits of information." Sora said. "Vital bits of information." Dongwoon corrected and Sora just smiled in reply.

"Time for dinner." Minseok's mother knocked on the office door. "Okay." Sora called out and saved the file inside the computer.

Hyunseung sat up and stretch. "Well, wide awake after hearing about dinner?" Dongwoon asked, putting down the documents on the coffee table and Hyunseung just gave a lop-sided smile. "Of course. Who could reject food?" Hyunseung asked and Dongwoon rolled his eyes at Hyunseung.

"Let's go eat and then we'll continue. Damn that Suho. He's totally taking advantage of me." Sora cursed. "Of course. I would too if it was me." Dongwoon said and Sora glared at Dongwoon who just shrug in response.

All 3 of them went out of the office and went to the kitchen. All the food were laid out, as usual. "How's your work going?" Minseok's mother asked as all of them were eating. "As usual." Sora said as she chewed on her food.

"When are you going to get a girlfriend Xiumin?" Dongwoon suddenly asked making Sora choke on her food at the sudden question while Xiumin choke on his water. "Or do you already have one?" Dongwoon continued, not caring about the reac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter