8

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I still remember that night when I decided to break up with Baekhyun. 


I thought it is better to let him go, because for me, a far-distance relationship wont work for a lover. Thats why I push myself to make it over between Baekhyun and me. Eventhough it's hard, painful and heartbreaking, I find it is better than to be longing for your love ones. Isnt it more painful to be longing for your loved ones who is waiting for you at the other side of the country ?

Yes. For me.

But that was a past tense. Now, Baekhyun is here. So near to me. I could reached him. I could see him infront of me with his hand extend toward me, waiting for me to come back to him. But why wont I do anything to get closer ?


One word.


ParkChanYeol.

Park.

Chanyeol.

Chan..


"Chanyeol, this is not the way to my house" I said and he answer, "Who say that Im sending you home ?"

My eyes widened as my hand reflex to covered my body with my hands. "Y-yah ! Y-you-" "ert, do you think I am that kind of guy ? Taking advantage on girls ?" he rolled his eyes and I sighed in relief.

My hand fall on my lap before looking around the view. "Then where are we heading to ? Late lunch ?"

"Nope, just drive around" he said.

"For what purpose ?" I raised my eyebrows in questions. "Im trying to search for a different way of escapism" he said and I giggled. "But what do you want to escape from,Chan ?"

"Escaping myself from Baekhyun with you"

The smile on my lips faded. My heart thumping so hard, Im scared he might hear it. "Do you remember about you helping me with my problem ?" he asked as his eyes on the road. "I do" I said as I try to breath properly so that my heart will calm down.

"My father come again last night, asking for the same favor" he said and I turned to him, he looks as if nothing is happened to be compared like the last time he was in this condition. Im glad he is strong enough to faced it. "This time.. he brought along his new wife. I admit thet she's pretty but she is too young to be called a mum. She's literally a sister to me" His hand around the steering wheel tightend until his knuckled turned white.

Okay. He is not as strong as I thought. I can see he is starting to let out his feelings.

"Do you know what worst ?" I keep looking at him who started to bit his lips. His eyes slightly tremble but he try to hide it, "My adopted parents told me to live with him.. I dont want to but they insisted"

One of his hand moved to cupped his mouth. I could read what is going to happened to him next. I feel a pang in my heart, a great painful that stabbed right into my thumping heart. He is about to cry. Park Chanyeol is going to break down and cry.

"Chanyeol" I put my hand on his shoulder, "Park Chanyeol, stop the car" I said as I looked at his teary eyes. I can feel he speeding up the car and I almost freaked out. "Chan ! Stop the freaking car right now !" I screamed and he turned sharply to the side of the road before step on the brake in a second.

I shut my eyes closed and feels myself moved forward due to inersia, but Chanyeol caught me in time before I hit anything infront of me.

"Oh god, Im sorry Im sorry" he said many times as he examined me around. "Im okay" I said as I sit properly and fixed my messy hair. I sighed in relief before turning to him. I find him looking at me in worried with his teary eyes.

"You really.. should listen to me, Chan" I sighed again as I leaned back. "I know you're upset and mad toward him, but.." I turned to him, "why dont you give it a try ?"

He looked at me in disbelief, "You too ?"

"I didnt mean to asked you to live with them permanently, Chan" I put my hand on his hand, its cold. "Just give it a try, he have the right to get a second chance, right ?" I said softly, hoping he could accept my words.

"He ruined my family.. I dont think he has the right to get another chance."

"Maybe it was not his fault afterall" I said, "So are you saying that its my mum's fault ?" 

"Chanyeol, no" 

"Its my fault then ?" 

"hey- listen, it is totally not your fault ! Stop making up things, Chan. Think on the positive side instead of negative one, who knows your father could give you a better life this time ? Thats why I told you to give it a try." I slightly squeezed his hand as I look straight to his eyes, he too looking at me as if his life is depended on it. 

"I told you I will help you, and I will, alright ?" I whisper and the tears finally flow out from his eyes. I could feel my heart clenching hard, its hurt to see him in pain.

"What if.. what if it turned out bad ? Living with them ?" he said and I slightly smiles. "Go back to your adopted parents, Im sure they will be okay with it. You have been living with them for so long, they are your parents too"

He lower his head and look at our hand before intertwining them together, I could feel my heart skip a beat by his action. "An what if they dont want me back ?"

His voice cracked this time. Chanyeol is facing the hardest time in his entire life, I could sense it. The huge burden on my shoulder feels so heavy to make sure he could lives happily. I wonder if my words are true and can bring happiness to him ? 

Did I really helping him or am I making it worser ?

"You're a grown up, Chan. Im pretty sure you can live by yourself. Find a part time job or whatever. You can still live your life, right ?"

"Right" he smirked, "Why dont I think of it before ?"

"You told me not to cry but you did" I pouted, "its not fair" I crossed my hand on my chest and see him chuckled. I could feel myself smiling at the moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter