5

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I tapped my pen on the book as my mind wonder to somewhere else.

 

Im not sure if this is the aftermath of a breakup or what. But I always stared at the air as I think of him but sometimes I think about.. nothing. I feels so empty in me, like a piece of me has been throwed and erased from me. I wonder if its Baekhyun..  I guess it really is him.

Because if its not him, then who ?

"Then you used this formula to- hey !"

I flinched and looked at Chanyeol who just screamed at me. Im probably looked confused right now, "I have been explaining this to you for the third time already and you still in daze ?" he said.

"Ouh-.. I am ?"

He facepalmed himself. "Are you sure you're okay ?"

"Uh-hum" I nod as I tucked my hair behind my ear, for a better view of his math work. "So.. what is it about ?" I asked as I leaned closer to the paper sheet.

"You cry again, dont you ?"he asked as he crossed his hand over his chest.

I scrunched up my nose and pretend to look away, ignoring his question. "What's so good about him that make you turned to be like this ?" he asked.

"You wont answer me ?" he said after finding me keep on being silent. "Okay, you can recess alone and go home by yourself then ?"

I quickly looked at him and find him smirking. "Gotcha"

My tensed body soften when I find him joking at me, I find myself getting scared of being alone and left in the crowd of people alone. Because I was never alone. He is the only one who is close to me out of the hundreds of people in this school. He is the only one who I can depend on.

"Dont worry, I didnt really mean it.." he played around with his black pen. "You already told me about your ex-boyfriend anyway and, yeah. I really cant help it but to be curious"

"What else do you want to know ? His name ? Age ?" I said, more to a mumbled. "I dont know, anything ?" he said and I slightly smiles.

"How about you ? Tell me about your love story, Chan" I looked at him by the eyes. As second ticked by, his smile getting wider and wider. "Do you really want to know ?"

"You have one ?" I asked in excitement, curiousity started to build up in me.

"Everyone have one, literally" he said as he write a formula on the paper sheet before put the black pen down. He turned his body completely to me, "We broke up right before you moved here" he smiles.

I am kind of taken aback because he said it straightly about the break up, especially when he is smiling like this. "So.. the same day huh ?" I asked and he nod. "What a coincidence, its like god is sending you to me" he grinned, "Im not that heartbroken when she leaves me, since I have you anyway" he said and I realised my heart keep beating faster.

The way he said it to me, as if I am someone special to him. But the fact that I am just his new friend, slightly make me confused. "What do you mean ?"

"I will be all alone of its not for you, dont you realiased that I dont have any friend except for you ?"

It hit me hard. How can I just realised it now ?

"Right.. you has no friend.."

"I was with her all the time, it will be funny if you and your ex are the same too" he slightly laughed and my eyes widened. "..I am the same, Chan"

His laugh slowly faded as he look at me in disbelief, "for real ?"

"Yeah, we only have each other all the time since I dont know remember when" I said in amazement. How can we be so alike ? Is this kind of fate ? Is fate playing around with us right now ?

"But.. why did you break up ? Did you fought ?"

"No" he sadly smile as he looked at the other way. "She leaves to study abroad, you know ? Typical rich people, she is a smart girl too.. always get number one in the whole school.."

I wait for him to continue but I find him staring somewhere, I guess it is an aftermath of a breakup. Just like what happen to me, "Are you okay with it ?" I asked and he turned to me.

"Im okay with it.. wait- Im not" he frowned "Im not okay but I keep telling myself that its okay, because its happened, a past tense" he shrugged his shoulder.

"What about you ? Are you okay now with that Baekhyun guy ?"

"Ouh ? You know him ?" I asked when he mentioned Baekhyun's name. As long as I remember, I never told him the name.

"Nah" he waved his hand "You keep on writing his name" he smirked as he grab my paper sheet of math problems. "See ? You wrote his name instead of yours" he point to the corner of the paper.

"Oh ?" I said in daze. Did I actually did that ? 

"Dont you think you're being too harsh on him ?" he asked as he lean his head on his palm. "You should loosen a bit, talked slowly, no screaming, let each others takes time to talk until they finished-" "Should I do that ?" I said as I grab the paper from him, running my fingers on Baekhyun's name.

"I experienced those things too, Ji. The best way to fix this is by talk slowly, faced to faced and listen to each others explanation.. and it always worked between the two of us." 

Chanyeol said as he tried to continued on solving the math problems. The advices that he gives me slightly giving me hope to meet Baekhyun. But the fact that I lived in Seoul is making its harder for me to reached him.

It take hours to reached Incheon, and the fastest way is by taking a flight but I dont have any money to do so. My parents wont even gives me the permission to go there. There are just too protective. I lower my head and fix the spectacles on my face. Under the desk, on my hand is a small book. I open the last page and take out a picture out from it.

A pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter