1

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Never once have I though of moving to another school.

 

Only a few months left before I graduated in this school but I cant help it but to listen to my parent's rant. My father get a job offer where he can get a higher income in the heart of Seoul... 

Maybe moving to that place is not a bad thing at all, I heard they are a lot of entertaining places over there. Not to forget- Namsan Tower. Its a place where I have been wanted to go since I was 10 maybe ? I was told that my whole family have gone there before but I couldnt remember at all.

"Get your stuff ready"

My mum said for the nth times for today. I stared at the scattered things in my room. I want to organized all this things but I ended up taking out all the hidden things around my room and make it more messier than it ever been. In the end, I am stucked in the middle of this things. The boxes for my things are still empty and we are going to moved by tomorrow so- I wonder if I have enough times to get things right to its place.

Maybe I should throw useless things first.

I am about to start the work but then I realised that I need every single thing in my room. I guess one or two boxes are not enough for me.

"Ji Hae, get your-" "Im on it, mum !" I screamed and groaned. 

Im sick of it when she started to keep repeating the same words over and over, "This is tiring" I mumbled as I put the things like my novel's ,plushies ,pictures and other girly things carefully into the boxes.

"Hey"

I turned around and my eyes widened, I am so shock that I stumbled and fall into the heaps of plushies next to me.

"Baek-Baekhyun you-"

Byun Baekhyun. My I-cant-remember-how-long bestfriend and my two years boyfriend. 

"You didnt tell me anything about this" he said as he look around my messy room. "I would not have known anything if I didnt saw that boxes infront of your house" he tucked his hands inside of his pockets. He sounds so casual- as if nothing is happening.

I stands up and fix my pj, I look over to him who wont look straight to my eyes. I want to walk over him and get closer but they are things prevent me from getting any closer to him. I bit my lips and looked down, my eyes fall on the plushies that he gives me. About 80% of them are given by him.

My birthday, his birthday even my mum's birthday- he would give me one.

That is the reason of the heaps of the plushies in my room. Thats why I cant throwed any of them away. Eventhough they cost cheaper than a cup of ramyun- but to me its priceless.

 

Because its Baekhyun's.

 

I grab a plushy that resemble him and throwed it toward him. It landed perfectly on his head- making his black hair turned messy and hide half of his face.

He looked at the small plushy before turned his head to me. "Do you think its easy for me to tell you about this ?" I said and grab my hand into a fist. "I tried to tell you but-.. you have been always busy with that transfer girl"

"Her name is-" "I dont care about her name! I care about you!" I cut him off and look at anywhere but him. I think Im going to cry if my eyes met his.

I hear he closed and locked the door before walking through the things as he heading to me, but I take back steps to the corner of the room and grab another plushy. I extend my hand to the air "I will throw this to you if you get any closer"

"You know its not working, Ji"

"It works ! Its going to works if you stop !"

"Im sorry okay ? I really didnt mean to-" "Mean to what ? Leaves me for that girl ?"

"I didnt finish yet, Ji !"

"Well, Im finished with you!"

"What ?"

I finally looked up to him, and I swear I could feel the painful feelings in me. His damp eyes make me realised that I might make a mistake. But I am too upset to take all my words back.

Because when I see the tears in his eyes- I know it is too late to turn back.

"Im breaking up with you" I bravely said. The pieces of my heart break into an undone puzzles. "You are not serious" he said and look down as he scoffed. "I warned you before- dont say that words when you're upset"

"Im going away, Baekhyun.. we are not going to work"

"We can.. we can if we trust each other" he said and I find him already a step infront of me. He grab the plushy in my hand and put it away before gently intertwined our hands together. I closed my eyes and bit my lips, knowing I might never hold this hand ever again starting from tomorrow. Its going to be the last time we're holding hand like this.

"So can you please, take that word back ?"

We looked up to look at each other's eyes. I stared right into his eyes, appreciating the moment. I slowly smile and he pulled me into a comforting hug. "Im sorry for leaving.." I whispered and s my hand around him.

"But Baekhyun.." I hug him tighter and leaned my head on his shoulder, trying to hold onto the tears. 

 

"We are never.. getting back together"

 

 

 

 

 

 


I stepped into my new school and turned to my dad. 

 

"I can take care of myself, you can go now or you're going to be late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter