7

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Chanyeol. 


I find that he is a really, really great person. I can see it by the way he act around me, I mean- we just met a few days ago but he has been helping since the very first time we met until this very moment. Have you ever meet someone new who willingly to help you through thick and thin ? Yes ? No ? Well, this is my first time meeting new people like him and I have never thought strangers could be so helpful to one. 

And be so.. lovely ?

I am leaning on the wall with my hand crossed on my chest while waiting for him to unlocked the door. He is still struggling searching for the key in his pocket, I think he keep doing it since two minutes ago. "You must has left the key in your bag or your locker" I said and he shook his head no. "No, no I got this" he said before succeed in taking out the key from his pocket.

"I told you" he show me the key and winked at me which making my heart skip a beat. I am so weak when it comes to eye-winking.

UGH

He opened the door and extend his hand, "Welcome to my secret hideout" he said while bowing like some kind of a waiter infront of a fancy restaurant. "Secret hideout" I scoffed as I get into the small room. I expect for a messy-typical-guy-room, but unexpectedly, it looks neat and clean. 

"Great" I said as I look around. "Can I come over again next time ?" I ask as I turned to him who is locking the door from inside. "Sure you can, you can ask the key from me anytime you want"

I nod while landed myself on a comfy couch at the corner of the room. I turned my head to the right and find a guitar leaned on the wall. I sit up and grab the guitar. "You play this ?" I asked.

"Yeah"

I run my fingers on the strings and it produced music that can be heard through the whole room. I smile by myself before looking at him who taking his sit infront of me before he grab the guitar from my hand. "Have you heard of escapism ?" he asked and I slightly nod. "Yeah, I guess ?"

"The avoidance of reality. When you want to run away from the real world. Trying to escape yourself, escapism" he explained and I nod. "Whats with it ?"

"This is my escapism" he look at me for a brief moment and gives me a smile. "Sometimes, I spend my time here for too long and it get boring.. so I brought you here" he said as he fix the strings.

"But my real intention is to make sure you stay away from that Baekhyun guy, I can see that you want me to help you get out from the class just now" he said.

"Yeah, you're right.. I really want to get out of that place. Its not that I hate him.. I just cant see the way he looks at me. I have never seen it before and it hurts me." I frowned.

"So, you still love him ?"

"What a question" I slightly laughed. "Can you play it for me, Chan ?" I asked as I look at the guitar, trying to avoid his eyes. "Sure" he said and I could feel his eyes are on me. As if trying to search for the answer to his question.

"What song do you want to listen to ?" he asked. 

"Anything ? .. I dont know" I shrugged my shoulder and leaned back.

He stared into the thin air for a moment. I am sure he is finding inspiration and his hand started to moved around the strings after a few seconds. I kept silent when he start to play the music. As expected, he is really talented. He looks so profesional especially when he closed his eyes while paying the guitar.

My eyes wander around to the only source of light from a small window. I follow the ray of sunlight and my eyes fall on him. His silver hair looks so beautiful and his face- with closed eyes looks so calm. 


So, you still love him ?


I raised my eyebrows when it hit me. Do I still love Baekhyun ? Why am I so afraid at the thought of him ? I stared at Chanyeol for a long time when my head slowly getting the answer. Maybe, just maybe.

The answer to all the question is him.

Its Park Chanyeol.

"Is it a habit of yours to staring at people ?" I realised he has stop playing and is looking at me. "I -uhm. What did you say ?" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter