6

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

We ended up hanging out at the Han River park which is about 30 minutes from our house.

 

We sit there silently as the wind passing by us. Its silent but not awkward at all because we know that this is all we need. Time for ourselves and its okay to not talk as long as we has someone next to us. It is even more meaningful knowing that both of us have our own problem.

"Tell me Chan" I said, breaking the silent as I hug my knee tightly. The Han river looks so peaceful right now, I have been wanting to come here by myself since I moved here. But having Chanyeol by my side feels better than I thought.

"Tell me about it"

There's a long pause before he started,"I lived with my adopted parents" he moved to the same positioned as mine. There's a small boat on the river moving to the south, it looks so pretty because of the small light that lighten the darkness.

"They take me when I was nine.. about two years after my parents divorced and leaves me in that house full with orphans"

I lower my head, burying myself between my knees as I listen to his heartbroken story. "I still remember when I was scared of my adopted parents because.. my parents used to fight a lot infront of my eyes and it leaves a big impact to me"

"Sometimes they would fight until they hurt each others. I was crying but none of them are going to run to me and gives me a comforting hug just like other parents would do"

"Chanyeol.." I said, I want him to stop because it might hurt him for telling me more about his past.  "Where are they now ?" I asked softly.

"My parents ? I dont know about my mum but.. my dad come over to my house just now" he said and I turned to him "He came ?"

"Yes, after nine years he finally looked for me, Ji" he cupped his face before his hand fall to his side. "He want me back-" he looked at me "-living with his new wife"

My eyes slightly widened, I almost cursed at the moment. "That so.." I tried to say but I cant think of any suitable words. "Pathetic" he continued.

"He is the pathetic one" he smirked. "I never thought Im going to meet him ever again but he dared to appear infront of me. I swear to myself once. I swear I would kill him once I see him but I ended up crying when it happens."

"Its okay.. you can kill him later" I joked, "Want to join me ?" he slightly laughed. "I will, if you pay me"

"Deal ?" he extend his hand to me and I grab it, "Deal"

We both laughed and faced the river again, "Do you know that you're the only person who know about this ?"

"Im the only one ? I though your ex-girl-" "She know nothing about me, can we not mention her again ?"

"Im sorry" 

"Apology accepted"

"So.. why did you tell me about this ,Chan ?" I asked and feels him move closer to me. "Because I cant face this alone.. it was too sudden and before I know it- I ended up being here with you"

"I remember the moment when you told me about your problems with that Baekhyun guy and I guess it wont hurt if I share mine" he shrugged his shoulder and faced me. "Do you mind ?" he asked and I turned to him. My eyes widened when I find him so close to me. 

My whole body tensed up and I ended up frozed right there. "You dont mind right ? Sharing problems with me ? Helping me go through all of this.. because I can do the same too" he said, more to a whisper as he leaned closer and closer.

I find myself holding onto my own breath as I feels his hot breath on my lips. 

"Helping you to get over him" he whisper and thats it. I feels his warm lips crashed on mine gently as his hand slowly find its way to my cheeks. The temperature around us feels warmer as seconds ticks by. My mind turned blank at the moment. Should I pushed him away from me ? Should I just stay like this ? Why am I feeling butterflies in me ? What- what-

He leaned back and I gasped for air. He looks the same as me as he leaned his forehead on mine. His eyes closed but not mine. "So.." he whisper before he open his eyes. "do you mind ?"

His lips curved to a smirked as he back away from me. "Can you please say something, Ji ? Dont be so tense" he held me by my shoulder and tilt his head.

He started to looked worry. "Jihae.. dont tell me that was your first kiss" he nervously laughed. My lips, my eyes, my hand, damn- my whole body is trembling ! "That-.. was your first kiss" he said slowly after finding me being silent. My eyes met him and I feels something building up in me, perhaps anger ? I dont know. Its like I want to run away from him but I need him the most right now. 

What have you done to me Park Chanyeol ?

"That Baekhyun guy never kissed you before ? Hey Ji, answer me" he shook my body. "Chan" I said, trying my best to stay normal but I dont know how. "Why.. what was that ?" I asked in bewildered.

His face written with worried all over. "Are you okay ?" His hand tighten on my shoulder, making me move closer to him. "Why.. did you kissed me ?" I asked again and feels tears b in my eyes. Damn, why am I crying ? Its not like he is Baekhyun trying to break up another relationship with you !

"Im trying to show how grateful I am" he said and tears finally flow down on my cheeks. "Why are you crying ?" he cupped my cheeks, and my eyes fall on his lips. He do this when he kissed me, the feeling when his lips was on mine still lingered on mine.

Oh god, I dont think I can sleep tonight.

"I dont know" I grab his hand away and wipe away the tears. "I-I want to go home" I stuttered as I stands on my feet. I turned away and tried to walk away but his hand is stopping me. "Jihae.." I bit my bottom lips. 

Damn you heart ! Dont be like this ! Stop beating so fast for him !

"I havent finish with my problems" he said before slowly pulling me back to his side. We ended up positioned ourself like the first one when we reached here.

"Should I lived with him, Jihae ?" he asked. "Im confused.. he looks so desperate when he beg for me to come back to him. But Im scared.. Im scared on how my life is changing"

I was scared too when I heard we are moving to Seoul. I know right away that I wont be seeing Baekhyun in my everyday life from that moment, I though. I hope I can say it to him but I cant because he just freaking kissed me and it was my first kiss like hell ! Can I kill myself right now ?!

"Is that mean I wont be seeing you from then on ?" We looked at each other. He frowned as I put on my blank face, "Whats wrong with not seeing me, Chan ?"

"What if something happened between my father and I ? Where should I run to ? More importantly- to who ?" he said and I blinked my eyes, "Chan.. you're way too serious-"

"I am serious, Ji !"

"Chanye-" "What if I break down and there is no one is there going to comfort me when Im at my worst-" "Chanyeol !" I screamed and cupped his cheeks, his eyes trembled in fear.

"Then dont!" I said, slightly screaming to his face. "Dont go to him and just stay right here with me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter