14

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


It ended up the one who kidnapped me is no one and is just a few evil people who are selfish when it comes to money.    

My parents and Baekhyun's were in a total panic when Baekhyun informed to them that I went missing. Baekhyun didnt know that I have been kidnapped back then, the kidnappers make a mistake and they call Chanyeol instead of Baekhyun. I saved Chanyeol as 'My Chanyeol' with a heart sign at the end in my phone contact. The kidnappers decided to call that number instead.

I tapped my finger on the pillow as I stared at Baekhyun who is falling asleep next to me. He must be so worried when I was missing, I wonder how panic he was when I was not there without any notice for hours. 

I extend my hand to his hair and play around with it. I remember I used to do this when we were together back then. I was so happy and I still am. But there is not enough happiness that I could feel. Something is blocking my way for me to find happiness- or should I say, Chanyeol.

I cant believe I hurt so many hearts just because of me myself. I am going to hurt both of them eventhough I sacrificed myself for Baekhyun by leaving Chanyeol. I am sure Baekhyun is hurting too because he know that my heart is with Chanyeol and not him. But he should know.. I have never stop loving him as a special person in my life too. Even Chanyeol can never replaced Baekhyun in my life. They both are the same yet so different. 

"Baekhyun.. wake up" I whisper, not actually have the intention of waking him up. He fluttered his eyes open and I break into a smile at this cute side of him. We are both on the same bed, I just find him next to me just now when I wake up. Im not shocked though. I grinned and ruffled his hair. "How in the world can you end up on my bed, y ?" I said.

He moved closer to me and s his hand around my waist. "I dont know.. I cant sleep for days when you was not there" he mumbled, "Days ? I was missing for days ?"

"Uhm.. lets not talked about this Ji, its the past" he said as he pulled me closer to him. "Let me sleep some more, Im tired too.. and Im not a ert" I chuckled and pushed him off my bed. "Ouch" he rub his after he landed on the floor and I laughed. "Im sorry, Baek, but I am so hungry because I havent consumed anything for days"

"Want me to cook for you ?"

"If you willingly to cook your spaghetti for me-" "Call, Im on it" he stands on his feet and quickly head to the kitchen.

 


I almost choke to death when Baekhyun told me that the wedding is tomorrow. Its.freaking.tomorrow. No wonder I havent see my parents anywhere this few days, they have been too busy with the wedding ! Im freaking out.

"No worries, mum and dad told me to let you rest at home instead of worrying about the wedding" he said as he take a sip of his plain water. "How can I stay here when I am the one who get married tomorrow" I whined. "Then what do you want to do ?" he asked.

"I dont know.. anything ?"

"Yeah, right" he smirked and take my already empty plate, "I will do the dishes" I caught his wrist ,making the empty plate slipped from his hand gently. I smiled and take all the plate and mugs on the table before heading to the sink. "As expected, Baek. Your spaghetti never dissappoint me" I grinned, "I hope you can cook for me again" I said as I wash the plates. Its getting quiet and I find it weird when he didnt say anything. I turned my head around after finished doing the dishes and slightly gasped. I take a step back but he managed to grab me by my waist. My eyes widened at the sudden actions.

"Y-yah- when did you stand behind me-" he cut my words by leaning closer. I closed my eyes tight, expecting him to kissed me but he kissed my cheek instead. My breath hitched. Its not like he never kissed me on the cheek- it just.. he never been this romantic and its too sudden. I blinked my eyes rapidly to him. His face written with seriousness, which I dont understand why.

"I already feel like we're newlywed" he said and slowly smile. "But Jihae.." he look straight to my eyes, it almost freaked the hell out of me. "Can we stay happy like this after tomorrow ?"

He asked and we ended up staying in that position in silent for seconds. His hand loosened around me and he closed the running tap. "Why are you asking such questions" I asked, looking down on my wet hands. I find him wrapping a small towel around my hand to dry them up. I pouted and take a glanced at him. "You doubt on me ? On us ?" I asked again and he slowly nodded.

"We was in love with each other but that was a very long time ago. I wonder if we can go back to those sweet times" he said, "Eventhough you have another in your heart" he looked at me as he raised his eyebrows. "Can you do this, Jihae ?"

"Baekhyun.. I dont know. Can you not.. asking me such questions" I said and his shoulder fell in dissappointment. "Just work hard and try your best to win my heart back" I put my hand on his shoulders. "I never said I hate you, Baekhyun. I love you and it never changed even a bit. Chanyeol is just one of my.. love story. Its broken.. Chanyeol and I is broken so-.. can you please, fix me ?"

"You told me that you will make me the happiest girl on earth. I trust on you, Baek. Make it real and lets live happily together. Time will pass by and we will forget all of this eventually. I swear Im going to laugh at this memory of us, so stop thinking like we wont be happy after the wedding. Because if you think it that way.. I will too" I finished my words. I am finally have the courage to move on from Chanyeol, even a bit. Its like I am not the only one who didnt know what might come next. Baekhyun too, need me to faced this together.

He looked at me deep into my eyes as his hand slowly cupping my face. He take one step closer to me and softly smiles, "Thank you for trusting on me. That is all I ever wanted from you" his eyes landed on my lips. He hesitated for a second before I grab him by his shoulders and pulled him even closer.

"Im sorry for not being your first kiss, I remember about my promise to you" he whisper, "That I will steal your first kiss on our wedding" he continue and slightly smiles. "Im sorry for breaking that promise , Baekhyun" I said before he crashed his lips on mine. This is officially his first kiss and officially mine too, literally. Because Chanyeol just gives me a peck of kiss before, he never kiss me like Baekhyun did.

We both leaned back and looked at each other. "Are you ready for tomorrow ?" he asked and I just nod. "If you ready, I am too" I said and about to turned around when he stop me, I looked at him again and raised my eyebrows in question.

"Jihae.. thank you" he smiles, it looks weirdly sad. I dont know. He looked at me as if he will break down in any second. Is it because of me ? I bit my lips and just nod before heading to my room quickly.

 

 


I wake up early at the next day.

Too early because I cant sleep properly due to the anxious feelings in me. I did my morning routine and leaves my mum a message to asked her about the wedding thingy. I can imagined how the venue looked like already. They will decorated with white flowers all over because I wanted it to. I will walked in, following the red carpet that will lead me to Baekhyun. I will see him smiling widely as I walked slowly with my father next to me.

I break into a smile and grinned. Weird, I can find a little of happiness with this marriage. Maybe I did the right thing by following my mind. My phone buzzed and I grab it, just to see my mum's replying to my message.

 

Its ready for Baekhyun and you ! I will meet you at the venue later, alright ? Make sure yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter