11

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Its Friday night and my big family which consist Baekhyun's are going to make a BBQ party just like how we used to before. We usually do it at the end of the month but since we live far from each other, we decided to do it as often as we can. 

I flipped the beef that is grilling on the wire gauze as I laughed at Baekhyun who tripped and fall on the grass. "Arghh its hurttt" he whined as his hand on his back, trying to lessen the pain. I hold onto my stomach as I laugh harder. "Jihaee !" he shouted my name. "Okay, okay Im coming" I said before running to help him stand on his feet, "You're okay ? I cant remember you could be this clumsy before" I said and he frowned in pain. 

I lead him to the nearest chair, his grip on my hand is so tight. I find he really is in a great pain. Baekhyun finally taking his seat and I get on my knee infront of him, "Baekhyun.. are you really hurt ?" I asked and he nod as his hand stay on his waist. "What happened ?" I turned to Baekhyun;s mum who is carrying a big bowl of salad in her hands. "Uhh.. Baekhyun tripped and he-" "Oh Baekhyun- are you okay ?" she quickly put down the bowl on the table before rushing to us.

"Is it hurt like before ?"

"No.. mum, Im okay" he slowly straightened himself as he keep rubbing his in pain waist. "I told you to be careful !" His mum said in worried. "What do you mean like before, mum ?" I asked Mrs. Byun in questioned. "Baekhyun was once hurt himself when you leaves-" "Mum !" Baekhyun shouted and we looked at him in bewildered.

"I told you to keep it a secret from her" he said, more to a whisper which is ofcourse- I could hear it well.

"You hurt yourself ? Really Baek ?"

"I didnt meant to ! I swear ! Mum thought I hurt myself because I want to"

"I think the same way as mum, though" I joked and high-fived with Mrs. Byun, "Mum ! Im hurting hereee!" he whined again and we laughed at his cuteness.

"Heyy, what do we miss here ?" My mum and the fathers comeout from the house, bringing many type of beefs and other food in their hands. "Nah nothing, it just Baekhyun falling on the grass" I said, trying to hold onto my laughter. "More to fall for you, girl" the parents giggling along with him. My silent laugh faded just like that. I slapped Baekhyun's waist and he groaned in pain, "Yah !" "Serves you right !" I stucked out my tongue and continue my duty on flipping the beef before it get burned.

"YAHH NAM JIHAEE"

"I CANT HEAARRR YOUU"

"Do you hear that ?" My mum asked.

"Hear what, dear ?" My dad asked.

"Sounds of happiness"

"MUUUMMMMMM" 

"What Jihae ?"

"Thats cheesyyyy"

"Should I take out that cheese sauce that I make just now ?"

"Sounds great, I will take it !"

 

 

 

 


Fast forward, and five months have passed since the graduation day. 

Baekhyun's family has moved to the next door and we are planning to get married in just a few days left ! Everyone looks happier than they have ever been ! We planned it from the food, venue and so whatever together since months ago and I could tell its going to be big. 

"Are you ready, Ji ?"

"Wait a second" I said as I put the last touch up on my hair before finally satisfied on my work. "Come on ! They are waiting !" "Im coming Im coming" I grab my handbag in hastened before running carefully to downstairs.

"Im sorry, I took too much time-" "Its okay, lets go" Baekhyun grab my hand and lead me to his car, which is bought by my father as a wedding present to the both of us. "We still have time if we drive a bit faster than usual" He smirked before hitting the pedal, hard. "YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN !"


He extend his hand after opened the door for me, "Baek, people might mistaken you as a bodyguard" I grinned before grabbing his hand and get out of the car.

"Whatever. Im going to be your husband anyway" he winked and I acted like Im going to puke. He laughed at me before we both headed into the weeding dress boutique.

"Welcome ! Mr. Byun and Mrs. Byun-to be !" A middle-age woman greeted us happily with that smile that look almost creepy to me. "Ah.. yes, thank you" I said awkwardly before slowly hiding beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter