21

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun wrapped my body with a warm blanket before he lead me to his car. His hands gently hold me by my upper arms as we walk to the parking lot. The tears in my eyes never stop flowing since Chanyeol leaves me and Baekhyun never say a thing since then.

Everything is scaring me to death. Im scared of Baekhyun because he still didnt say a word. Im scared I might never get to meet Chanyeol ever again in my whole life. Im scared of what will happeing with my life after this. Im scared of what my parents would react when they see me finally come home after weeks of running away from my life.

Im scared of myself- of what Im capable to do after this.

I stop walking and Baekhyun too, stop and turned his head to me as he look at me in bewildered plus worried. I change my gaze to meet his eyes and I started to recalled everything about Byun Baekhyun. That pretty eyes, that small lips.. I feel his warm hand brushing away the tears on my cheek and I close my eyes as he cupped my face.

"Its okay" he whisper, I feels a pang in my heart as I heard his word. I break his heart but he do this to me.. "Its okay, Jihae" he carressed my hair to the end and wipe the tears on my cheeks again, "Lets go, uhm ?" he said and is about to walk away when I grab his hand to stop him. "Whats wrong ?" His whisper never fails to make me feels at ease. I almost forgot on how he could make me feels comfort whenever Im in despair like this.

I just stands there as my grip tightened around his wrist. "Remember when.. remember when I was in this condition back then ?" I asked as I eye-ing my own hand around his. "What you did to me.. I want you do it right now.." I said, cant even said it out properly. "When you cried because you fall and scratches your knees ?" he asked for a confirmation and I nod before I throw my hand around his neck.

I could feels him smiling as he grab me by my knee and bring me bridal style. I hug him as tightly as I can before I secretly burst into another tears in his embrace. I still cant believe that I was in Chanyeol's hand just a few minutes ago but everything changed like in a matter of second. This is just.. not right.

Baekhyun gently put me on the seat before he closed the door. Suddenly I feels something cold on my chest. I look down and realised that I am wearing Chanyeol's necklace. 

 


 "It looks perfect on you, sweetheart. Im glad I meet the right person"

 

 "This necklace.. can make me happy ? But what about you ?"

"What are you talking about ? You are the source of my happiness" 

 


I bit my lips and carressed the pendant before taking it off my neck. It feels so cold. "We are going to my house, alright ?" I turned to Baekhyun and find he is looking at me. He shot me his smiles and extend his hand to my cheeks. "Dont cry.. you know I hate it when I see you cry right ? You have been crying infront of me many times but I can never get used to it.."

"Why.. your house ?"

"Its getting late and it will be midnight when we reached Seoul" he put his hands on the steering wheel after he start the engine. He sigh heavily afterward as he lower his head, "Im scared of what our parents would say.."

I grab the blanket that is wrapped around my body tightly when fears started to raked in my whole body, "So Im thinking of going home by tomorrow. Lets just take a rest for tonight, is that okay with you ?"

"Jihae ?"

"Why did you come and find me now when you decide to go home by tomorrow ?" I asked. My eyes is now on the pendant in my hand. I could still spent this last few hours with Chanyeol.. and halmeoni.. 

"..What ?"

"Why dont you just come and get me when tomorrow comes ?" I look at him, "You ruined my moment with him, Baekhyun. You can just let me be free just for a few more hours but why ?" I glared at him and I could see the fragile side of him by his eyes. Suddenly I feels the anger in me faded. 

"I.. I-" 

"Baekhyun.." 

"Hu-uhh ?"

"Just.. bring me out of here"

"Huh ?"

His eyes still show me the sign of worry, sad, fear and worry. I leaned closed and cupped his face before leaves a kiss on his cheek. "Bring me out of this place before I regret it" I said as I carressed his cheeks to comfort him, so that he wont feels on what I am feeling right now.

"..Okay" he whisper, slightly unsure of what is currently happening.

 

 


I open my eyes and find myself leaning on a bed. A white blanket replaced the warm blanket I have last night. When I completely awake, I find Baekhyun sleeping next to me with him facing me. I was thinking to get off the bed but that thought faded once I see him infront of me.

Slowly, I put my hand on his cheeks and his eyes started to flutters open. Baekhyun looks at me for a few seconds before he break into a smile and put his hand on mine. "Hey.." he said with his morning voice. "You're awake.." He mumbled as his eyes started to close again. "What time did we reached here ?" I asked, "Uh.. two hours ago ?" he said. 

I guess he is still sleepy. "Im sorry for waking you up.." I whisper and is about to get off the bed when he reached for my wrist. "Stay.. I wont be able to sleep if you go" he said with his eyes closed. "I cant sleep when you was not there.. Im afraid you might disappeared after I open my eyes again"

I ended up keep staring at him until he falled asleep again. His hand around my wrist loosen as seconds ticked by and I softly smiles at this sight of him. Baekhyun's sleeping face is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I grab the blanket and pull it to keep him warm before positioned myself next t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter