26

One Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I want to use the crutches to stands on my own feet.

 

I tilted my head and examined it closer, getting curious of this thing. The crutches is here right after I wake up this morning and I guess Baekhyun is the one who put it next to my bed. I turned my body and let my legs gently off the bed as I hold onto the crutches with both of my hands.

I slightly hop off the bed and let my feets land on the floor. A frowned appear on my face when I feels like I cant do it by myself right now, but I determined to do my best and let Baekhyun proud with me. A little move and I am completely standing on my feet with the help of the crutches.

I succesfully stands on my healthy leg and try to stands; but I guess luck is not by my side when I lost my balance and stumbled to the front. My eyes widened as I tried to hold onto anything that I can reached but all I get is the white blanket and I slip from the bed.

It feels like dejavu when a pair of hands catch me on the right time as we both fall on the cold floor. I gasped and look at the person; the only different thing is the one who catchs me this time.

He hold onto my upper arms as he look at me in worried, "Jihae, are you okay ?"

"I-Im sorry" My body sterned under his touch. He is literally embracing me in his hands and it has been a very long time since it happened. I tried to stands when he pulled me back to his hands, "Wait- dont move. I will do it for you" he said as he grab both of the crutches with his long hands and put it aside before bringing me bridal style and put me gently on the bed.

He let out a sigh before grabbing the crutches on the floor and put it properly next to my bed. Chanyeol take his seat next to my bed and I lower my head in guilty. My long hair fall as they help me to close my face and my view from seeing him like a curtain. "Hey, did you hurt anywhere ?" he asked as his hand fall on my thigh.

I find him run his hand through my long hair and slowly tucked it behind my ear. "Ji, you hear me ?" he asked again and its like whenever he is beside me; I am lost for words. "Am I making you feels uncomfortable ?"

My eyes fall on his hand, "Where's Baekhyun ?" I asked and feels him smiling.

"Im glad to know that you still able to talk" he grinned by himself. "He is off to see a friend, I guess ? He was in a rush"

I turned to him and hold onto my breath. "I never thought Im going to meet you again" he said, I am about to say the same thing too. I gulped, "Thank you for the cookies" I said as it is the only thing I can ever think of. 

"Cookies, yeah. Halmeoni baked them often these days and its not hurt to share, right ?" he leaned closer and smiles even more, as if trying to attract my attention. "Just asked me whenever you are craving for it"

"Oh- just now; it is not good to do it by yourself" he suddenly frowned as he looked at my casted leg. "What if you fall on that hard floor and getting hurt worser than it is ?" he turned to me and I lower my head when his eyes meet mine. 

Its silent for a moment, I looked at him in curiousity and find he is staring at me. Its like there is something he want to say, a lot of them, and I keep on looking as I wait for him to say something. 

"Ji, back then.." he said and my eyes slightly trembled at the word back then, when we were so in love. "I was sorry" he continued and sighed, looking down as his hand running through his hair, "Heck, I still am. Thats why I am here and I swear, I didnt mean to come and go in your life again but this is the only way to redeemed my mistake"

 

Mistake.

 

Right.

 

A mistake.

 

"Chanyeol, it was over one year ago. Im okay now, see ? Im happy with Baekhyun" I said, "I was sorry too, for not being able to love you and ended up married with him.. but for whatever that happened between us.." I continued as I realised his hands already holding tightly onto mine.

"I consider them as a good memories with you, it was such a wonderful experience you gives me" I break into a small smiles, "and I am thankful for that"

"Is that mean you forgives me ?" he asked as he play around with my hand. I pulled my hand from his grip and reached for the thing in a bag. He watched me as I grab the silver necklace. His eyes slightly widened at the sight. "Jihae.. ?" he said in bewildered.

"Chanyeol.. remember when you said this is given to me because I am the love of your life ?" I asked as I take his hand and put the necklace on his hand. "I guess I didnt deserved this anymore" I smiles as I close his hand into a fist. "I have find the love of my life now, so it is your turn to find yours"  I gulped afterwards. 

 

Its like- finally.

 

"J-Jihae.. you can keep this-" I stop his hand from extends to me, "No, I have keep your heart long enough" I put our hands down and suddenly tears welling up in my eyes. Not sure if its sadden or happiness. "I have Baekhyun now, this necklace helps me to stay happy; just like what you said on how this necklace could make one happy, remember ?"

"I hope once this necklace come back to you, it will be able to make you happy" I said before wiping the tears in my eyes, "Ahh, the weather is so cold that my eyes went teary" I fake a chuckled as I see him staring at the necklace.

The smile on my face faded when I find a tear fall on his lap. Was I.. too harshed on him ?

I leaned close and make him faced me, "Chanyeol.." I searched for his eyes as the tears start to flow on his ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter